Viewing: 1-5 of 5
ChristianRodriguez

ChristianRodriguez - May 23, 2009 2:25 am - Voted 10/10

Hi

Do you have any idea how to get there by public transport? bus? train?

visentin

visentin - May 23, 2009 8:42 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Hi

For sure there is a bus going up the valley via Lafortunada (nearest campsite) or Laspuña, but for sure not frequently during the day. No train. From the valley to any of the villages near Castillo Mayor I strongly doubt there is any other way than having your own car. One other possible option for you could be to come with a mountain bike, and hide it somewhere in the trees on the foot of the mountain during the hike.

ChristianRodriguez

ChristianRodriguez - May 23, 2009 12:50 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Hi

thanks a lot for the info. I am from Guatemala and I'm thinking to go to northern spain areas in september/october... I am poor persone and I can't rent cars, so buses are good for me... mountain bike?? sounds great... but there are some rental bikes in the near areas?

visentin

visentin - May 23, 2009 3:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hi

I think Rafa Bartolome would be a better person to indicate you the transports. Unfortunately, the central Pyrenees, both french and spannish, are very poorly served with transports... but not all places. Unfortunately, Castillo Mayor is a bit remote, but there are similar mountains you should be able to reach easier, especially in the Ordesa area.
Eric
p:s: we wrote to each other already about your trip to Basque mountains ;)

Boydie

Boydie - May 24, 2009 7:05 am - Voted 10/10

Nice..

..page Eric, with some lovely pictures of the area also.
Stephen

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Castillo Mayor' main page