Cerro Torre Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 47 « PREV 1 2 3 NEXT »

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

It's about time for this peak!
Posted Nov 26, 2003 2:33 pm

Erik BeelerUntitled Comment

Erik Beeler

I was surprised there was not a Cerro Torre page and I hope its ok to keep it up but it may need to come down or I may decide to take it down so I don't take too much flak. Being new here I don't want to make waves.
Posted Nov 26, 2003 2:50 pm

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

I'm not following you. Why would you think you would make waves making a Cerro Torre page? Someone's got to do it. Might as well be you. No one lords over anyone else on this site. It's in the rule book, section 13-A 12.4.5, subparagraph 10/A-452\J.

I did notice you removed the photo (credited to someone else) that I commented on ("Surreal").
Posted Nov 26, 2003 5:53 pm

Erik BeelerUntitled Comment

Erik Beeler

Yes I did not have permission to use that picture. Someone pointed out that it came from a particular source which was different from what I thought. I removed it so as to not have copy writed material here.

Thanks for your comments I will have to look up that sub section in the rules... ;)
Posted Nov 26, 2003 7:11 pm

NelsonUntitled Comment

Nelson

Nice! I want to go there...
Posted Nov 26, 2003 2:34 pm

Rick BUntitled Comment

Rick B

About time someone added this peak! Good page! Next up: Fitz Roy?
Posted Nov 26, 2003 5:20 pm

Erik BeelerUntitled Comment

Erik Beeler

Thanks for your vote. I appreciate it. Fitz Roy might have to wait till I climb it...
Posted Nov 26, 2003 7:13 pm

Johan HeersinkUntitled Comment

Johan Heersink

Good page soccerboy! If you can put up information like this, what the hack that you have not been on the mountain itself! (I do not believe we have anyone upon our membership who has climbed it). Keep the good stuff coming!
Posted Nov 26, 2003 11:45 pm

Erik BeelerUntitled Comment

Erik Beeler

Thank you.
Posted Nov 27, 2003 1:35 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

This page is flawless and well written. Grammar and spelling are superb. You obviously care about your compositional skills as much as you do your climbing. A real passion is evident here. I encourage you to pursue your ambitious goal of climbing this incredible mountain. I also suggest a "solicitation" which I've done on some of my pages, for SP members to submit routes. If we're lucky, routes get submitted on such pages (which I feel SP needs) and increase SP's reputation of being the mountaineering authority on the internet. Though it's a work in progress, Cerro Torre is certainly a step in that direction. I'm glad to see it here. Thanks for your hard work and dedication to SP's community.
Posted Nov 27, 2003 9:56 am

Erik BeelerUntitled Comment

Erik Beeler

Thanks for your kind words. I will over time keep working to improve this page. Comments like yours will make it easy to keep motivated!
Posted Nov 27, 2003 1:36 pm

The Lower MarmotUntitled Comment

The Lower Marmot

This is a wonderful page that is an excellent addition to SP. I only ask one thing of you though...

Put up more pages like this one!
Posted Nov 27, 2003 1:46 pm

Erik BeelerUntitled Comment

Erik Beeler

Thanks! I have some more work to do on this one first! :)
Posted Nov 27, 2003 2:45 pm

kletterwebbiUntitled Comment

kletterwebbi

Finally here it is: the Cerro Torre. Very good page.
Posted Nov 28, 2003 2:08 am

Erik BeelerUntitled Comment

Erik Beeler

Thanks.
Posted Nov 28, 2003 8:01 am

flearretaUntitled Comment

flearreta

Good work! The only thing is that the location of the Mountain is in Argentina not Chile (upper title says "Chile, South America"). Thks.
Posted Nov 29, 2003 10:42 am

Erik BeelerUntitled Comment

Erik Beeler

Thanks! I don't know why I did that because I know better. Its good to have more than one set of eyes to check the page!
Posted Nov 29, 2003 8:37 pm

flearretaUntitled Comment

flearreta

No worries, Soccerboy! I hope you can check the "brother" page to Cerro Torre: I've put up the Fitz Roy page a couple of days ago (actually I was surprised that these two mountains were not in place already). Please feel free to import any relevant info to Cerro Torre from Fitz Roy page (specially concerning getting there and El Chalten general info) and provide your insights to the page. Thanks, Nando,
Posted Dec 1, 2003 9:08 am