Cerro Vicuñas Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
bruno baschung

bruno baschung - Feb 9, 2020 8:49 am Date Climbed: Jan 4, 2020

climbn to fore summit

Climb up to the fore summit

Bruno baschung

lobengula - Jul 2, 2019 7:33 pm Date Climbed: Jan 8, 2018

My first 6,000 climb  Sucess!

Vicunas was my first 6,000m climb. It was intended to be part of our acclimatization for Ojos del Salado but unfortunately we had to abandon that due to "technical difficulties". Total time ascent and descent was about 8 hours. There is no defined trail and at times the shale was difficult but the effort was worth it for the views from the top.

FrançoisJ

FrançoisJ - Jan 21, 2008 5:49 am Date Climbed: Jan 4, 2008

Normal route (north-east ridge)  Sucess!

Sabrina, Tatiana, Eduardo and I summited Vicunas(jan 4th 2008).
From end of tracks starting at KM8 on the way to ATACAMA refugio
Clouds, heavy snowfall on Ojos during this afternoon...
Many thanks to Tatiana and Eduardo, info@nasqa.com

Uwe Kraus

Uwe Kraus - Dec 27, 2005 8:18 am

Route Climbed: East ridge Date Climbed: 24th of January 2004  Sucess!

In January 2004 I spent with two friends 5 weeks in Chile. First we climbed several summits in the Atacama Desert. At the end of our holiday we had still enough time to climb Volcán San José.



Cerro Vicuñas is located similar to Cerros de Barrancas Blancas close to Laguna Verde and rises in the Puna de Atacama close to Nevado de Ojos del Salado. The summit provides a superb view to many 6000m and 5000m mountains of the Puna.





I climbed the cone-like mountain of Cerro Vicuñas on 24th of January 2004. It was really a nice day. The weather was perfect, almost no wind, agreeable warm and no clouds. Thus I had a spectacular view to the mountains of the Puna de Atacama.









The entire report and more information as well as pictures you will find at http://members.aol.com/UweKraus6/site35_e.htm





Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Cerro Vicuñas' main page