Kennedy Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.17900°N / 121.909°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 1
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Start from the Kennedy Rd entrance in the "Getting There" section on the main page.

Route Description

Start hiking on Kennedy Trail and keep going for about 3.9 miles until you reach the intersection of Kennedy Trail and Priest Rock Trail. Stay on Kennedy Trail for another 1.4 miles until it runs into Woods Trail. Turn left on Woods Trail and follow it for about 0.75 miles. You will be at the summit of El Sombroso.
There is a link to a map showing this route on the main page in the "Getting There" section.

Essential Gear

Water and good hiking shoes are needed. The trail gets steep at times and your definitley going to be wanting some water. Good hiking shoes aren't required but you'll be much more comfortable if you wear them.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.