Viewing: 1-3 of 3
stinkydog

stinkydog - May 7, 2008 11:31 am - Hasn't voted

Road/trail conditions 2008?

As of summer 2007, the 'main' road (which branches north from the Edith Peak road, and ends up at the Trail #707 trailhead) was in pretty rough shape for the last few miles (lots of unchecked erosion and brush overgrowth). The trail itself was also in poor shape due to uncleared deadfall. Also, the signs along the road and at the trailhead had been removed. Anyone know if the road and trail were repaired later in 2007? If not, are they scheduled for repair, or is the USFS abandoning that trail in favor of the Reservation Divide?

If conditions in 2008 are anything like they were in 2007, hikers would be advised to avoid Trail #707, unless you've got a 4WD (that you don't mind alder-buffing the crap out of), and you enjoy climbing over deadfall.

caverpilot

caverpilot - Jul 25, 2015 12:02 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Road/trail conditions 2008?

As of 2015, there are 140 trees across #707 within the first mile. I spoke with the Nine Mile Ranger station and they are clearly directing people to the Reservation Divide. The road had a creek basically flowing down it and is in ill repair - I think both the trail and the road have been abandoned. They also can't speak to the Kennedy Creek Trail whatsoever.

caverpilot

caverpilot - Sep 9, 2022 5:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Road/trail conditions 2008?

As of August 2022, #707 seems to have been cleared

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Ch-paa-qn Peak (Squaw Peak)' main page