tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

Looks like a cool peak Bob... good work.
Posted Apr 20, 2004 4:19 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Cool pix. I thought Charlies Bunion to be on Mt. Leconte, but the map shows it between Leconte and Guyot. Been to Ice Water Spring and to Guyot. Looks like I need to go a bit farther to visit here. Good page.
Posted Apr 20, 2004 5:26 pm

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Man! Sorry you missed the Bunion! One of the greatest mountains in all of the Southern Apps! Make sure to go see it next time. It's an easy hike in and out in a day. (I almost always encounter bears, though. Sometimes aggressive ones.)

Posted Apr 20, 2004 9:39 pm

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Posted Apr 20, 2004 9:39 pm

RachelUntitled Comment

Rachel

Good page, thanks for posting it. Cheers!
Posted Apr 20, 2004 7:18 pm

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Thanks! I need to run up there and get some new photographs. Like I need an excuse.

Posted May 20, 2004 4:25 pm

EastKingUntitled Comment

EastKing

Look like a winner to summit. Nice page.
Posted Apr 20, 2004 9:53 pm

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

You need to go there if it's one you've missed. Easy to hike to. About eight miles round trip from Newfound Gap. You get to pass over the shoulder of Mt. Kephart along the way, too. And it's a short side trip to The Jumpoff, an enormous cliff on Kephart that's worth seeing.

Posted Apr 25, 2004 12:13 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Nice summit with a lot of people. Must have been pretty crowded that all these guys kept popping up on your pix :-)

Cheers

Gangolf
Posted Apr 21, 2004 4:12 am

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Funny, I had never seen this page until today. Hopefully someone will add new photos to it...that being its main flaw.

You are in an interesting part of the country, close to all these Southeastern peaks. Me, I am up here in DC, sweating Grad School papers, work deadlines, and Kerry's political campaign. I would love to get back down there and hike. Good thing we have you down there to tell us some good places to go!

Question? What is the closest SP mountain to your home?
Posted Aug 8, 2004 11:25 am

MarkDidierStart Early and Avoid the Crowds

MarkDidier

Nice page and cool pictures. I love the Bunion as well. Despite my numerous trips to the Smokies in the past 12 years I have only been to the Bunion 4 times. The last being in September of 05 when we did a predawn hike to see the sunrise. Missed the sun coming over the ridgeline by 15 minutes but regardless it was beautiful and we had the place to ourselves. If you haven't done it before, this hike can be combined with a short jaunt over to The Jumpoff (from The Boulevard) for some more awesome views of the area.
Posted Jul 12, 2008 8:14 am

BobSmithRe: Start Early and Avoid the Crowds

BobSmith

Yeah, it can be a crowded place, unfortunately. I have had it to myself a couple of times, though. You have to get lucky.
Posted Jul 13, 2008 6:41 pm