Chestnut Knob Comments

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

I'm not sure I entirly agree with Mike about the site being overepresnted with ice and rock... but like him I place equal value on these less well known hiking destinations... nice to see you adding pages like this Bob. Looks like the new camera works well too! -Tim- PS I also like the wording of your summit log... sounds like the kind of day that really brings siolace to one's spirit. Gotta love when you have places like that to yourself.
Posted Mar 30, 2004 9:26 pm

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Thanks for the vote. I love being able to get away from the crowds. And, literally, I had the park to myself. Ranger mentioned that no one else was in the park beside me and park personnel. The park is closing for two months for road repairs in two days. Weekday. Raining. Cold. It was great to not encounter anyone else. I get a huge charge out of being in the forests and on mountaintops. Like nothing else.

Posted Mar 30, 2004 9:34 pm

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

I here you Bob that sense of communing with nature is when life is at its very best.

Not trolling for votes here but my Split Face Peak page and Sentinel Dome page feature a similar level of isolation and serenity if you wanted to check them out. If you are ever thinking of coming to Ontario that is the place to go.
Posted Mar 30, 2004 9:43 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Looks like a relaxing peak south of Linville Gorge. Beautiful Brooks.
Posted Mar 30, 2004 10:36 pm

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Thanks. I love the South Mountains. Unfortunately, this park is closed until July 1 for road contsruction. The entrance road was severely damaged in flooding last year. I drove on it right before the park closed, and you can see why they were so concerned--looked as if the whole thing was about to collapse at one point.

Posted May 20, 2004 7:15 pm

EastKingUntitled Comment

EastKing

Nice page this chain of mountains. Love the waterfall pics. Keep the pages coming.
Posted Mar 30, 2004 11:22 pm

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Thanks! I was planning on adding at least one page this week, but got sidetracked by family matters. Next week for sure, barring any emergencies.

Posted May 20, 2004 7:17 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Good page!
Posted Mar 31, 2004 12:49 pm

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

The forest cover and the watershed are phenomenal. The water is as clean as it gets--completely prisitine. And the forest is lush and green and dense. Mature second growth getting up toward old growth in appearance in many spots.

Posted May 20, 2004 7:16 pm