Viewing: 1-20 of 34 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

brentaUntitled Comment

brenta

Thanks!
Posted Aug 31, 2004 4:29 pm

CharlesDUntitled Comment

CharlesD

An impressive first mountain post to SP. I can't believe that Chief's Head wasn't up here already, but what do you know? I look forward to more summits.
Posted Aug 31, 2004 9:01 am

brentaUntitled Comment

brenta

Surprising indeed that Chiefs Head wouldn't be on SP yet... Thanks for the encouragement.
Posted Aug 31, 2004 4:28 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Great Work!
Posted Aug 31, 2004 1:00 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Great first effort! I also cannot believe this mountain was still missing. Glad you filled the gap ;-)
Posted Aug 31, 2004 2:19 pm

brentaUntitled Comment

brenta

Thanks!
Posted Aug 31, 2004 8:06 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Great additon to sp! It's about time somebody finally added this beautiful and amazing mountain! Great job and have a good one!
Posted Aug 31, 2004 9:44 pm

brentaUntitled Comment

brenta

Thanks! It is indeed an amazing mountain.
Posted Aug 31, 2004 10:32 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Brenta, this is an excellent page. Well written and very informative. Enough of that, I was sitting at Stone Man Pass today with Colonalpyat and passed up the opportunity to do the 2 mile RT to finally get Chiefs Head. We had just climbed McHenry's via the south ridge and just didn't have the energy. In time I may add a few shots of Chiefs Head. Again, good page. Are you planning on adding The Arrowhead. I have some kick ass shots of that sucker and would love to post them some time on an Arrowhead page.
Posted Aug 31, 2004 9:54 pm

brentaUntitled Comment

brenta

Thanks! I was exhausted after Chiefs Head. I would have never been able to climb McHenrys as well. I was thinking today that climbing McHenrys, Chiefs Head, and Alice in one day would be a challenge equal at least to the Longs Peak Grand Slam. If that weren't the case, one could throw in Spearhead and Arrowhead...

Please, add what you see fit to the page. I'm sure it will greatly improve the quality of the page and I'm looking forward to it.

I am creating an Arrowhead page right now. It is still under construction, but you can see a bit of what it will be like. I plan to add the description of the route on the North wall. I'm getting better at it, but I think it will take a few more hours. I hope I haven't stolen your thunder by posting these mountains while you were out there taking pictures of them.
Posted Aug 31, 2004 10:31 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Both mountains deserve a page on SP and you have done your homework. I'm more of a photography guy, but I do enjoy maintaining peaks here on SP. I'm glad you kept the turn-off to Solitude Basin some what vague. If everyone knew where to look for that spur trail, it wouldn't be "Solitude Lake." Those that have good route finding skills and look at a topo may find the turn-off but those that don't will have trouble locating it, perfect! It may be a a week or two before i can submit some shots but I will in time.
Posted Sep 1, 2004 11:20 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

OOPS! I thought this was the Arrowhead page. My comment about the turnoff to Solitude Lake was geared towards the Arrowhead page.
Posted Sep 2, 2004 12:40 pm

brentaUntitled Comment

brenta

Yes, of course, it was about the approach to Arrowhead. Congratulations for a well-deserved "picture of the week" award.
Posted Sep 3, 2004 10:37 am

NelsonUntitled Comment

Nelson

Great page! Nice addition to the Glacier Gorge area, one of my favorite places in the world.
Posted Aug 31, 2004 10:39 pm

brentaUntitled Comment

brenta

Thanks! Glacier Gorge is indeed a very special place.
Posted Aug 31, 2004 11:01 pm