Chimborazo Trekking

Chimborazo Trekking

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jul 15, 2015
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Winter

Trekking the Chimborazo.




Training up the Chimborazo volcano in Ecuador  is a great way to acclimatize before attempting the high altitude snow-capped Volcanoes like Cotopaxi,Antisana,Cayambe,or The Chimborazo summit.One can easily attain the 5000 plus meter mark without having to USD technical equipment like ropes and crampons. You can start by getting to the park entrance and following up the winding road till you get to the first refuge which is  just above 4,800 meters.  This can be followed by a climb up a trail to the second refuge at 5000 meters.You can also get a little higher by following up the trail to the left of the refuge to the small lake which is about 5,100 meters, or go to the right to the rock formation called the why per needles which is about 5,300 meters. Bring a lunch and a drink which will give you some energy. This will give you a good acclimitization before going up any of Ecuador's snow capped peaks.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

ChimborazoTrip Reports
 
Related 

Friends

Related objects are relevant to each other in some way, but they don't form a parent/child relationship. Also, they don't necessarily share the same parent.