Civetta Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
ericvola

ericvola - Jun 7, 2013 11:36 am

Torre di Bebele East pillar

1rst ascent with Georges and Sonia Livanos and Paul-Henri Plathey in 1963.

ericvola

ericvola - Jun 7, 2013 7:08 am Date Climbed: Aug 2, 1963

Cima della Bussaza  Sucess!

The via Armando da Roit, 2nd ascent With Georges and Sonia Livanos, Armando da Roit and Henri Paul Plathey (who died a week after on the Su Alto in a huge storm which lasted 2 full days with 50 cm of snow at the Vazzoler refuge.

Trevers89

Trevers89 - Nov 16, 2011 11:52 am Date Climbed: Aug 12, 2011

Defeated

Started climbing from the East following the normal route. Initially walking across steep scree then some gentle scrambles with cables. We reached a point with an almost vertical wall about 30ft with cables on it. Not having harnesses or helmets, and with weather deteriorating (light rain and fog falling) we abandoned the attempt. I will come back and set the record straight!

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Mar 7, 2004 7:55 am

Route Climbed: Ferratta Alleghesi Date Climbed: July, 1981  Sucess!

We slept in car, somewhere on meadows below the east face. In a beautiful morning we ascended Ferratta Alleghesi, but reaching the summit ridge the weather started to deteriorate. Still had some beautiful views over the NW wall. From the summit we descended towards Rif. Torrani - there was snow on the route and I don't remember the hut at all. Entering the descent route was a bit tricky because of snow and also later we found the route (should be marked and assured with steel ropes and pegs) much deteriorated. Climbing I.-II. degree we reached meadows below the face and returned. It was a long and quite hard "normal" ascent and I'd wish to repeat it now. I am curius about conditions in both routes.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Civetta' main page