Page Type Page Type: Area/Range
Location Lat/Lon: 39.01157°N / 122.81061°W
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 1608 ft / 490 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

 
Clear Lake State Park
Across Clear Lake from the park beach area
Clear Lake is the largest freshwater lake entirely within the state boundaries. It is also one of the oldest lakes in North America. This is a beautiful little coastal park on the south side of Clear Lake a few miles northwest of Mt. Konocti with expansive views out across the lake to the mountains of the Mendocino National Forest. The parks coastline is varied from small beaches to boulders, water reeds and bubbling subterranean springs that feed the lake. Kelsey Creek which meanders in off Clear Lake creates lush waterways of surface plants with water fowl. The park is a popular area for water activities like swimming, boating, skiing and fishing.

There are 4 campgrounds with 149 total campsites without electrical or water hookups.
There are also cabins available all through reservation. There is a small system of easy hiking trails on the hill above the coastline and water walkways by the creek.
A Visitors Center offers historical and cultural and environmental programs and brings attention to the unique characteristics of this State Park.
Other amenities include boat launch, docks, picnic area, showers, and restrooms

Getting There

 
Clear Lake State Park map
State Park map
 
Lush Kelsey Creek
Kelsey Creek
From Hwy. 29/175 between Lower Lake and Lakeport on the southwest side of Clear Lake at Kelseyville take Merritt Rd. east 1.3 miles to Gaddy Lane. Go north on Gaddy 2 miles to Soda Bay Road. Go right with a few turns on Soda Bay road 1 mile to the park entrance on the left.

Red Tape

 
Clear Lake coastline with Mt. Konocti
State Park coastal springs and Mt. Konocti
There is an 8 dollar day use fee per vehicle. For more info click here for this State Park link.

Camping

 
Great Blue Heron
Great blue heron
Camping is a major activity here. Click here for all the info.

Current weather and forecast

 
Buckeye view across Clear Lake from the State Park
Dorn Nature Trail
 
Kelsey Creek
Kelsey Creek
Click here for the current weather and forcast for Kelseyville.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Clear Lake AreaAreas & Ranges