CharlesDUntitled Comment

CharlesD

Very nice. It's great to see Maryland (my old stomping ground) getting the attention it deserves. Nothing flashy in Maryland, to be sure, but some very deserving hidden peaks.
Posted Jul 20, 2004 9:08 am

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Thankyou for the encouragement and I totally agree with you. There are a lot of hidden treasures all throughout the mid-atlantic. Thanks again and have a good one!
Posted Jul 20, 2004 2:29 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Thankyou for the vote and good climbing to you!
Posted Jul 20, 2004 2:30 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Thanks so much for the vote and have a good one!

Posted Sep 15, 2004 5:48 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Thanks so much for your kind vote and have a good one!

-Britt
Posted Mar 2, 2005 9:03 am

William MarlerUntitled Comment

William Marler

Nice page. Cheers William
Posted Mar 8, 2005 9:02 am

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Thanks!
Posted Dec 8, 2005 11:06 pm

Rob AIs this...

Rob A

...the "Round Top" that was involved in the Battle of Gettysburg?
Posted Feb 21, 2006 7:34 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeRe: Is this...

mtwashingtonmonroe

Nope! The Round Top you're talking about is only about a mile and a half from the town. This summit is in Maryland.

Little and Big Round Tops were pivotal landmarks in the Battle of Gettysburg and on July 2nd, Little Round Top was the host of Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain and his 20th Maine's stand against the Confedearate forces. Chamberlain ordered a fixed bayonets attack against the CSA and decisively won the battle which kept the union army from being flanked on the left. This was one of the most pivotal events in the battle. If you're interested in this I can tell you plenty of books on it. Thanks for your interest and take care Rob!
Happy Trails!
-Britt
Posted Feb 22, 2006 4:43 am

Rob ARe: Re: Is this...

Rob A

Okay that answers that. That battle on Round Top is my favorite part of the movie. Chamberlain's quick thinking and the trust his men had in him as a leader saved the North's bacon that day.As for books , my grandfather is a huge Civil War buff, as result my dad and uncle (and to a lesser degree, me) are to. I think my grandfather has 90% of the books written about the Civil War.
Hey, do you want to get involved in the A.T. Mountians List? If so let me know and it will make you admin.
Later, Rob
Posted Feb 22, 2006 9:29 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeRe: Re: Is this...

mtwashingtonmonroe

Hey............I'd love to help out with the page! I won't have time in the next couple days, but next week sometime I can make some adjustments. Thanks so much and you take care! Let me know!
later,
Britt
Posted Feb 23, 2006 2:35 am

Rob AOk.

Rob A

Your are Admin
Posted Feb 23, 2006 12:58 pm

hightineraryWhere's That TH?

hightinerary

I could not find the trailhead as described. Instead, I parked on the left side of the cemetery parking lot, and basically bushwhacked my way up from there. I found that the higher (southern) point has no views whatsoever, but the lower (northern) point has some nice views as well as some fun rocks to climb on.
Posted Feb 1, 2010 4:38 pm