Poor ClimberUggh the color!

Poor Climber

The color choice is HORRID. Try somthing else please!

I will raise my vote after you change the color scheme
Posted Jul 12, 2007 1:54 pm

iskibcMore peaks to the list

How about Dallas Peak, Capitol, Thunder Pyramid, Peak T, Teakettle, Vestal, Arrow, etc.?
Posted Jul 13, 2007 3:21 pm

KruckGood Start

I voted 9 because I like the idea and the organization. I have nothing to add to this page because I'm a hiker, not a mountaineer, but I think it will be much better once the upper class of skilled/adventurous CO mountaineers weighs in with obscure/technical/long approach peaks, such as Scott's Outlaw Peak. Great idea for a page. Hopefully more folks will chime in.
Posted Jul 17, 2007 8:31 pm

swm88erRe: Good Start

Thanks for your comments. I think it will be interesting and hopefully I will get more ideas!
Posted Jul 18, 2007 7:13 pm

CharlesDBlanca-Little Bear Traverse...

...definitely fits the category of arduous. Harder than any of the routes thus far listed.
Posted Jul 18, 2007 7:45 pm

swm88erRe: Blanca-Little Bear Traverse...

Posted Jul 19, 2007 6:00 pm

Whats with the comment above? "I will raise my vote after you change the color scheme" SAD :(

Cool page,, Colorado's more difficult peaks are my favorite mountains!

Posted Jul 20, 2007 10:33 pm

Poor ClimberRe: What????

Poor Climber

Hey, I like the color change, its readable now, so I upped my vote.

It doesnt matter how good the page is, if it cant be read.
Posted Jul 21, 2007 11:41 am

John KirkPikes??

John Kirk

There's a road to the top, a train to the top, and a few other standard hiking routes less than 15 miles RT. Shouldn't the list be arduous via easiest way up? Otherwise, you can make any peak in the world arduous by choosing to start further away than necessary.
Posted Nov 15, 2007 2:55 pm

Brian COther peak ideas

Brian C

Great idea for a page! What about Independence Monument and West Pawnee Butte? Indy is easily one of the most iconic CO peaks and requires 5.9 climbing to reach the summit making it one of the more technical ranked summits in the state. West Pawnee is is short and remote but has the highest pucker-factor of any peak in the state I've climbed. Here are their SP pages...

PS - Having Pikes on here almost defeats the purpose of the page. It is far from a "badge of honor" for anybody who considers themselves a mountain climber.
Posted Jul 10, 2011 10:43 am