Como Lake Trailhead Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
BKiser90

BKiser90 - Jul 8, 2022 7:05 pm Date Climbed: Jul 8, 2022

Not That Bad for a Hike Up  Sucess!

Beautifully clear, sunny, windless day atop Blanca and Ellingwood. Started from 8800 feet on the Lake Como Road. Drove up that far in a Subaru Outback. Not sure if it was a good or bad idea, but I have A/T tires so it worked out. Tacked on the Huerfano HP as well. Lots of good folks out today. Did the Blanca Ellingwood Traverse. Fun route! Much better than the standard route up Ellingwood. Expansive views. Started around 4:20 am and finished around 2:30 pm. 8 more Colorado County High Points and 18 more 14ers!

Senad Rizvanovic

Senad Rizvanovic - Sep 4, 2013 1:37 pm Date Climbed: Jul 5, 2013

Como Lake.  Sucess!

Blanca Peak basin is beautiful, this route is fun and easy but hiking Como Lake road is is not fun at all.

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Jul 28, 2013 12:47 pm

a long spring hike  Sucess!

I did this as a snow spring climb, and did kind of a variation, climbed directly straight up the face to the summit. It was steep, and Duchess was spooked at places. I had her in front of me, so she would not slide. We descended more along the ridge.
Beautiful spring day, we felt completely alone in the whole Blanca range.

belexes

belexes - Aug 23, 2011 5:45 pm Date Climbed: Aug 20, 2011

Blanca & Ellingwood  Sucess!

We parked way down in the valley and hiked all the way to the lake, camped there and climbed Blanca & Ellingwood the next day. Then we had to pack up our campsite and hike all the way down that damned road to the cars.

C Wenker

C Wenker - Jan 25, 2010 4:33 pm

Overnight at lake  Sucess!

Summer 2008.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Como Lake Trailhead' main page