Conejos Peak Comments

Viewing: 21-33 of 33 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

NelsonUntitled Comment

Nelson

Great page Alan, Photos and route description all first class. Looks like you guys had a super time down there.
Posted Aug 13, 2005 10:44 am

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Nelson, thanks for the vote. Yes, we had a lot of fun on Conejos.

Alan
Posted Aug 13, 2005 10:58 am

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Thanks for the vote and comments.

Alan
Posted Aug 13, 2005 8:27 pm

ColonelpyatUntitled Comment

Colonelpyat

You're most welcome. I had never heard of this peak before and appreciate the education.

I've done a lot of fun stuff recently. I've been out in the mountains just about every weekend since April and I discovered a new mountain hobby a few weeks back over in the Holy Cross area: Class Four Willows. I'd submit the mountain and route except that nobody would ever trust me again. :)

Got any plans for more trips to Colorado? I believe a snow-capped Elbert is calling your name.
Posted Aug 14, 2005 4:21 am

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

It really depends the condition of my back. I suffered a herniated disc about three months ago, and mountain climbing (actually descending) aggravates the shit out of it. We have a trip to the Tetons in a couple of weeks; otherwise, maybe a winter trip to Colorado in Feb. Elbert in winter is a long day for us flatlanders, but we'll see how I feel. Good luck on your project.

Alan
Posted Aug 14, 2005 1:46 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Thanks for the vote.

AE
Posted Sep 10, 2005 7:49 pm

RyanSUntitled Comment

RyanS

Hey Alan, nice job! Conejos actually *is* quite prominent (#90 in the state).
Posted Sep 14, 2005 9:38 am

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Thanks for the vote. I'll add that info to the page.

AE
Posted Sep 14, 2005 10:47 am

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Thanks for the vote. Welcome to SummitPost.

Alan
Posted Dec 8, 2005 9:14 am

okieRoute v. trail

This is pretty pithy, but the route on your map is a bit different from the trail. Your route goes on the south side of Tobacco Lake while the trail goes around the north side.
Posted Mar 13, 2008 1:03 am

Alan EllisRe: Route v. trail

Alan Ellis

Sorry, I don't know what you are talking about. Both the trail AND the route goes around the south side of the lake. Check out the topozone map link on the left side of the page and see for yourself. If there is a trail/route on the north side of the lake, it doesn't show on the map and I never saw one when I was there.
Posted Mar 13, 2008 2:56 pm

okieRe: Route v. trail

Maybe I'm an idiot (and probably am), but every time I've climbed Conejos the trail has taken me through a boulder field around the north side of the lake. I'm pretty sure it's the trail because there is visible trail all the way up to the ridge. Not trying to pick a fight. Great page. See my vote.

I wish I had my Trails Illustrated map, but I don't have my hiking/climbimg stuff at my present location.
Posted Mar 18, 2008 1:12 am

RoryKuykendallReally Cool

RoryKuykendall

I just moved to Telluride and getting up into the South San Juans is at the top of my to do list this summer.
Posted Jan 15, 2014 2:13 pm