County highpointing pioneer

County highpointing pioneer

This pic will introduce you to one of the key movers in the development of county Highpointing along with his famous peakbagging Honda, Andy Martin. The Honda on which he is leaning has been to places that many would be fearful to drive a high clearance 4WD vehicle to. In county highpointing, he created a category called "martinizing" but it was his hard work and research that led to the concept of county highpointing. He has published a book that is a great aid to those to pursue this interesting area. For more on county highpointing, go to www.cohp.org This pic was taken at the CCC campground near Callao Utah after we did George Hansen Peak.
Dean
on Oct 24, 2009 8:49 am
Image ID: 566977

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
silversummit

silversummit - Oct 24, 2009 10:25 am - Voted 10/10

Go Hondas!

Love the car and got a kick out of the Timberline tent beside it (spent several nights in one over the years....)

This must have been a highlight of your trip!

Dean

Dean - Oct 24, 2009 11:02 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Go Hondas!

I had a 93 honda that logged a lot of mountain roads and it was my wife who was concerned I'd wreck it so she encouraged me to get a Tacoma truck. My son is still driving that honda and is very happy with it. They are amazing vehicles. I always enjoy hiking with Andy, he is an amazing guy.

silversummit

silversummit - Oct 24, 2009 11:37 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Go Hondas!

We are a three car Honda family now! Husband has a 2001 Element (first year they came out); and our 23 year old son has a 2007 Accord. I have a 2008 CR-V which is actually second-hand but a dealer demo so it is our "luxury car" with leather, heated seats, satellite radio and GPS, touch everything and my little paradise since I drive it to work every day (husband is newly retired).

We love our Hondas!!! but I really also enjoyed my Avalanche truck and before that my Suburban when I used to pull our boat and haul screaming Boy Scouts around non-stop!

I know Dean, TMI!

Dean

Dean - Oct 25, 2009 10:03 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Go Hondas!

Wow, you are indeed a Honda family. Great cars. I'm now the owner of a Subaru Outback that I tool around town in and take to trailheads that don't need my Tacoma. Did your husband ever have the cracked windshield problem with his Element? My daughter has a CR-V and loves it.

silversummit

silversummit - Oct 25, 2009 10:29 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Go Hondas!

Yep! He's on his third windshield but other than that problem it's been a trouble-free car. We had a Tacoma for awhile too but traded it for the Element.

lcarreau

lcarreau - Oct 26, 2009 12:03 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Go Hondas!

Excuse me, can I put in my 2 cents?

My wife has a second-hand 2004 Honda Civic.
Impressed the hell out of me when I drove it
up to northern Utah; with a side-trip through
Moab and Arches NP.

Gets awesome gas mileage, but still has the
power when you need it the most!

Viewing: 1-6 of 6