James_WSorry

James_W

Had to give it a 10/10 already I have been waiting for this page to show up.
Posted Jul 10, 2007 12:00 pm

birdnyRe: Sorry

birdny

Thanks! I have been wanting to do it for sometime, now I just got to do it. Trying to dig out old photos and data. Its not the highest but it is one of the best in that area!
Posted Jul 10, 2007 12:19 pm

vanman798Hello

vanman798

Looks like http://www.adk.org/trails/Crane_Mtn.aspx has borrowed a lot of the text you provide on this page. Just thought you might like to know that.

Also is there anyway you could add a trail map to the site that shows the loop hike, with distances? I'll beat you could easliy draw one since you have done this hike so many times.

I'd also mention that the 1.4 mile hike to the summit has you climb two ladders, a 6 footer and a 15 footer.

Thx
Posted Sep 28, 2007 11:58 am

birdnyRe: hello

birdny

sure do you have a trail map that I can use, if so I'd be glad to add it. In the 30-40 times I've climbed this peak the short ladder more than 1/2 of the time is not there so I didnt mention it.
Posted Sep 28, 2007 2:47 pm

vanman798Re: Did you write this page too?

vanman798

I'm actually looking for a map, and was hoping to draw on your expertise! :)
Posted Sep 28, 2007 3:17 pm

birdnyMap

birdny

Maybe I can dig up a map and make something out of it that can be used.......when I get the time LOL
Posted Sep 28, 2007 3:19 pm

vanman798Re: Did you write this page too?

vanman798

...any luck on digging up that trail map? I've searched the internet with no luck...
Posted Oct 3, 2007 2:45 pm

nartrebtrail maps

nartreb

The USGS topo maps are a good place to start, even if they're not always up-to-date. There's a link to Topozone on the left margin of the mountain page, but I prefer the website linked below:

Acme Mapper: Crane Mountain topo

(You might also notice that the latitude & longitude entered on the SP page for this mountain aren't very precise...)
Posted Oct 3, 2007 3:17 pm

vanman798PERFECT

vanman798

Thanks so much, as that is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I big time appreciate it.

Posted Oct 3, 2007 3:28 pm

cbuckerGreat Page

cbucker

Very nicely done, Hopefully I can make a trip this winter and add some photos.
Posted Oct 4, 2007 10:31 am

birdnyRe: Great Page

birdny

Thanks! Would love to have you add some winter pics from the mountain. I always wanted to do a winter climb but never did. Looking forward to it!
Posted Oct 4, 2007 9:28 pm

birdnyMap and updates

birdny

I've updated the Crane Mountain page a bit, and added a basic map showing trails and highlights.
Posted Oct 5, 2007 10:51 am

vanman798Nice Improvements!

vanman798

I've given your page a well deserved 10 out of 10. Good job.
Posted Oct 5, 2007 11:01 am