Viewing: 1-20 of 51 « PREV 1 2 3 NEXT »

CharlieUntitled Comment

Charlie

Could you elaborate on the driving directions to this peak?

[edit]

up to 4 stars

[edit]
Posted Feb 16, 2002 10:48 pm

DaFreshmanUntitled Comment

The south colony lakes approach is as follows: From the town of Westcliffe, drive south on Colorado state highway 69 (insert 69 joke here) for 4.4 miles. Turn west (right) onto Colfax lane (a dirt road that cuts off the highway at an angle). Drive south-ish on this road as far as it goes (5.5 miles). You'll come to a T. Turn right at this junction (west again). At this point you are heading straight at the Sangres and the valley you will be going up is right in front of you. 1.5 miles past the T in the road, there is a parking lot for wussy cars. You can park here, or brave the rest of the road - it continues up the valley another 5 miles. Don't even think about driving the last 5 miles without a high clearance 4WD vehicle that you don't mind beating up a little. The going is slow (cars usually only beat hikers to the top by like 20 minutes), but well worth it - when you finally get to the gate at 11,600, you're just spittin' distance from the Crestones.
Posted Mar 19, 2002 10:56 pm

coloradoUntitled Comment

hey charlie, this page has been adopted recently. looks like a 4 star page nwo.
Posted Oct 18, 2002 10:42 am

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

DaFreshman: I am cleaning up the page, and although I deleted your original entry, I integrated your "getting there" info into the main page. Thanks for your input.
Posted Oct 18, 2002 6:50 pm

CharlieUntitled Comment

Charlie

I revised my vote. Thanks for a great page.
Posted Oct 18, 2002 8:32 pm

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

Great work, Alan!

Ok, last update was 1 year, 3 months ago. Please adopt me!!!

This page appears neglected. Lots of valuable information has not been integrated, and the last update was 9 months ago.

To whomever adopts this page: please reply here and I will upgrade this vote.
Posted Mar 21, 2002 4:52 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

I have recently adopted the page. I have updated most of the sections and plan to continue adding information as it comes in. Let me know if there is anything specific you can think of that's needed.
Posted Oct 18, 2002 7:48 am

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

This is an excellent page, full of good information. I enjoyed reading it. I like your section on the main page for summit shots.
Posted Nov 20, 2002 1:46 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

I thought I had rated this page already! My mind is going...I visited since adopting the Crestone Peak page. Mtntrail2 has done a wonderful job with this mountain. Excellent!
Posted Nov 26, 2002 7:44 pm

Fred SpickerUntitled Comment

Fred Spicker

Great page - the one CO Fourteener that I have always wanted to climb. Also, an excellent route description for my "chosen" route.

Happy climbs -
Posted Dec 11, 2002 7:57 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

I'm going to add another "Excellent" and say, super job.
Posted Dec 22, 2002 9:18 pm

bigwallyUntitled Comment

bigwally

This is obviously a page from one person that has "been there-done that". Your insight and advice will go a long way towards making anyones trip Safer and more enjoyable . Thank you !!!!
Posted Dec 25, 2002 3:39 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

What an outstanding page!! Extensive information, I love it. A 5 star.
Posted Mar 19, 2003 9:54 am

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Kane, Thanks for the vote. Alan
Posted Mar 19, 2003 1:28 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Thanks for the vote. Glad to see you're still around. You may remember that we summited the same day in July 01. I mentioned you in my trip report. I haven't heard from you since we emailed a year or so ago. My wife and I want to return to the Needle so I can lead the pitches this time. Anyway, hope you have a safe climbing season. Alan
Posted Apr 28, 2003 7:47 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Thanks for the vote!
Posted Sep 29, 2003 6:59 pm

SharonUntitled Comment

Sharon

Excellent page, Alan. As always!
Posted Dec 29, 2003 11:10 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Sorry so long to reply, but my profile page has been bugging. Thanks for the vote and the comments.

Alan

Posted Jan 14, 2004 12:56 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

LJ,

Thanks for the vote. Are you planning a Crestone Needle climb someday?

Alan
Posted Jan 21, 2004 3:55 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Thanks for the vote. Where did you abort?

Alan