Cristallina E Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.46490°N / 8.53600°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scrambling
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Additional Information Difficulty: Scrambling on a steep terrain
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

From the parking place at Lago del Naret, 2310 m.

Difficulty

On the Swiss Hiking Scale the ascent difficulty would be graded T5.

Route Description

Cristallina
The upper part of Cristallina

Flom Lago del Naret you first take the marked path southwards to Passo del Sasso Nero (2420 m).

From there you follow the marked route which climbs gently on the Cristallina East Ridge. After you approach the upper part of the mountain, the marked path descends southwards, but you must stick to the East Ridge, following stone marks and trails.

You scramble over stone blocks to the rests of glacier moraine, follow the moraine till it reaches snow rests, cross the small snow plateau and by the end of it turn up and scramble steeply towards some 150 m higher peak. If you from the moraine turn left towards the East Ridge too early, you will have to climb the upper part of east ridge, where the exposure and difficulties up to UIAA II are awaiting you.

From Lago del Naret cca 3 hours.

Essential Gear

Good shoes and poles.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.