CURT ... IX° Lochs Lakes Ponds & LEGENDS Second Part

CURT ... IX° Lochs Lakes Ponds & LEGENDS Second Part

Page Type Page Type: Fact Sheet
Additional Information County: Aosta

Grand'Eyvia OVERVIEW

In this second part we will analyze the lakes that descend perpendicularly to the South to the Valley of Cogne, ranging from branches of Lussert, Corona and Doreire to flow in the Torrent Grauson, which, in turn, he jumps in the water and then down Urtier definitively as Grand'Eyvia Aymavilles, where, also, flow to great Stream Dora Baltea.
Clearly it is a subdivision of more logical and correct to divide, for the purpose of drafting or Monographs Mountaineering and Climbing Guides, groups from the name of a mountain. In this case the speech is more correct from the standpoint of geological, hydrogeological and also naturalistic. In fact, they differ in the valleys facing the North from those addressed in the South, that the wisdom of the villagers had already defined the terms "Envers" and "Adret". Here are described the lakes in the district of Mount Emilius down, along with those of Tersiva, to the South, or the Great Valley of Cogne. Of this we will talk about its bifurcation to the North, ie the Vallon of Grauson, preceded by the West to Arpisson, in turn the same, opening like a big fan, form the North-west branch of Lussert, in the Northeast of the Hill Corona , to the East this of the Tessonet or Doreire and finally to the Southeast of the Lake of Money. This, in turn, is impending by two other small lakes at the foot of the dividing ridge that descends from Penne Blanche Mount to Mount Creya, above, in turn, the old Pastures of Grauson Vieux, now partially restored. This whole area is characterized by the flow of the Torrent de Lussert then, joining those coming from the Tessonet, form the powerful Torrent Grauson with its waterfalls at Alpe Pila, going to enlarge Urtier, which originates from the Fenetre of Champorcher, between Cogne and Champorcher Valleys. Surely the most important lakes are those of the Lussert, three in number that they know a good attendance during the summer, also because they allow the fishing lake a quarter higher worth a visit with the characteristic of being more secluded and fascinating for his silences. Around the same peep tiny lakes, of which you lose your account.
This branch, up to 20/30 years ago traveled almost exclusively by fishermen or hunters, has experienced in recent years a great frequented by hikers, most of whom arrive to Lower Lake, or search for the trip to Lake Corona, just eastward. Many tours are adapted to the presence of children, however, keep in mind that considering allover the place of the mountain there is a danger, perhaps hidden. In addition, the long-distance requires an adequate level of physical preparation and, in addition, we must never forget the changes of weather conditions. All this to get from a trip to the mountains the highest gratification, without exposing anyone to stupid risks.
The trips are all marked with signs in yellow where they are offered the opening distance from the starting point until the arrival, the time is generally, and rightly so, because dilated also addressed an audience sicramente very uneven. We want to give you some advice: get the third lake, with a little effort, to the Col of Laures (3035/6m), and this will allow you to admire, on the opposite side or Northern, the beautiful Lakes of Laures. You will follow a wonderful trip!



The LUSSERTS, by livioz


In questa Seconda Parte analizzeremo i laghi che discendono a Meridione perpendicolarmente verso la Valle di Cogne; vanno dai rami di Lussert, Corona e Doreire a confluire nel Torrent di Grauson, che, a sua volta, si getta nelle acque dell'Urtier per poi scendere definitivamente come Grand'Eyvia fino ad Aymavilles, ove, anch'esse, "muoiono" nella Dora Baltea. Chiaramente é una suddivisione più logica e corretta di quella di dividere, a scopo di redigere Guide o Monografie Alpinistiche, i gruppi dal nome d'una montagna. In questo caso il discorso risulta maggiormente corretto dal punto di vista geologico, idrogeologico ed anche naturalistico. Infatti si differenziano i valloni rivolti a Settentrione da quelli rivolti a Meridione, che la saggezza dei valligiani aveva già definito con i termini di "Envers" ed "Adret". Qui son descritti i laghi che nel circondario del Monte Emilius discendono, insieme a quelli della Tersiva, verso Sud, ovvero la grande Valle di Cogne. Di questa parleremo della sua biforcazione verso Nord, cioé il Vallone del Grauson, preceduto ad Ovest da quello di Arpisson; a sua volta il medesimo, aprendosi a guisa di grande ventaglio, forma a Nordovest il ramo dei Lussert, a Nordest quello del Colle Corona, ad Est quello del Tessonet o Doreire ed infine a Sudest quello del Lago di Money. Questo, a sua volta, è soprastato da altri due laghetti alle pendici di quella cresta spartiacque che dal Penne Blanche scende fino sopra il Monte Creya, soprastante, a sua volta, l'antico Alpeggio del Grauson Vieux, oggi in parte ristrutturato. Tutta questa zona é caratterizzata dallo scorrere del Torrent de Lussert che poi, unendosi a quelli provenienti dall'area del Tessonet, formano il potente Torrent Grauson con le sue Cascate presso l'Alpe Pila, andando ad ingrandire l'Urtier, che si origina dalla Fenetre de Champorcher, tra le Valli di Cogne e Champorcher. Sicuramente i laghi più importanti sono quelli del Lussert, che in numero di tre conoscono una buona frequentazione durante la bella stagione, anche perché permettono la pesca; un quarto lago più in alto merita una visita con la caratteristica di essere maggiormente appartato ed affascinante per i suoi silenzi. Intorno allo stesso occhieggiano minuscoli laghetti, dei quali si perde il conto. Questo ramo, fino a 20/30 anni fa percorso quasi esclusivamente da pescatori o cacciatori, ha conosciuto negli ultimi anni una grande frequentazione da parte degli escursionisti, la maggior parte dei quali arrivano al Lago Inferiore, oppure cerca la gita al Lago Corona, appena più ad Oriente. Molte escursioni s'adattano anche alla presenza di bambini, tenendo però sempre presente che in ogni luogo di montagna esiste una pericolosità, magari nascosta. Inoltre la lunga percorrenza richiede un adeguato grado di preparazione fisica ed, inoltre, non bisogna mai dimenticare i cambiamenti delle condizioni metereologiche. Tutto questo per ottenere da una gita in montagna la massima gratificazione, senza esporre nessuno a rischi stupidi.
Le gite sono tutte segnalate con cartelli in giallo dove vengono proposti gli orari di percorrenza dal punto di partenza fino all'arrivo; generalmente i tempi sono, giustamente, dilatati anche perché rivolti ad una platea sicramente molto disomogenea. Vogliamo darvi un consiglio: dal terzo lago arrivare, con un piccolo sforzo, fino al Colle des Laures (3035/6 m); questo vi permetterà di ammirare, sul versante opposto o Settentrionale, i meravigliosi Laghi delle Laures. Effettuerete una gita splendida!



Upper DORERE also DOREIRE Lake, by Antonio

Lake GARIN also the PUEBLO's Loch

Over the Arpisson's Vallon and Franco Nebbia Bivouac & just Under the PUEBLO, by livioz




The Garin Lake is a lonely, located below two ridges of the Valley of Arpisson (the one above the Village of Gimillan) and just above the bivouac Franco Nebbia, here (2740m) has been located since 2004, while from 1958 was the Bivouac of the Becca of Luseney. For both accessed from the Valley or dell'Arpisson or, starting from Pila or the arrival Station of the chairlift Chamolé through the Chamolé, the crossing the first part of the Arbolle's Walloon and Garin Hill. Just in Southeast of the hill, behind the loch, there is a particular composition of rocks, with their stratification, and suggest a Pueblo Native American. The Abbot Henry had been, if not the first to see this feature, and certainly the first to give notice in the "Journal of the Mountain", More referred to as "RM", by C.A.I. 1903 pages 73/8. When he saw the abbot was astonished and amazed: "From the hill we turn to the left and well soon we are at a beautiful green lake which reflects the top of the Peak Garin. On paper, this lake does not bring any name and we called it Garin Lake. We address then to the right of it, and after a few steps, we are among the ruins of an ancient city. What is this? None other than the walls but natural, made of cut stones arranged horizontally and symmetrically on top of each other. There is has much to be deceived. Here the walls are seen quite well, there are stretches of broken wall; elsewhere species of courtyards in front of ruins of the houses; benches to sit in a corner, in midst of the four walls, the place of the fire. Everything is so interesting and curious ... ".
But it has been only a mock village built over thousands of years by Mother Nature? So we went to explore and control. Imagine the Fantasy Boys! "No, No, it's just a real Indian Village! There must have been Apaches Mescaleros or Ciricaua, or Sioux. No this is the work of the North American Indians: Algonquins, Delaware or Crows ...". Doing a little confusing but, basically, they are quite right. They were instead the "Cogneins", these Indians of Mounts that always live in the beautiful Valley of Cogne, always shy to mingle with other populations: "We are de Cogne, de Dzimillan (Dzgemeillan) Tribe" ... "Nosatres also El resto de nosotros grew up drinking the waters of Lac Garin and Grauson-Lussert. Go and drink at Stone fountain attached to the Church in the town center and you'll see it all ... ".





GARIN LAKE GARIN LOCH on 1965
Punta Garin
<b>Garin Peak </b>(3461m) from <b>Punta Pian Bessey</b> or W-SW
CURT ... VIII Garin Peak & Garin Loch with Danilo 1994
From <b>PEAK GARIN</b> to Garin Lake and Arbolle s Valley


Nearby, below and above Garin Loch, by Walter Bianquin, emilius, Natalino Massoni & Osw


Il Lago Garin é un solitario situato sotto due crestoni al colmo del Vallone d'Arpisson (quello sopra il Villaggio di Gimillan) ed appena sopra il Bivacco Franco Nebbia, qui (2740 m) é stato collocato dal 2004, mentre dal 1958 era il Bivacco della Becca di Luseney. Ad entrambi s'accede o dal Vallone dell'Arpisson oppure, con partenza da Pila o dalla Stazione di arrivo della Seggiovia di Chamolé, tramite il Colle di Chamolé, l'attraversamento della prima parte del Vallone dell'Arbolle ed il Col Garin. Subito a Sudest del colle, ed al di là del lago, esiste una particolare composizione di rocce che, con la loro stratificazione, fanno pensare ad un Pueblo dei Pellerossa. L'Abbé Henry era stato, se non il primo a vedere questa peculiarità, certamente il primo a darne notizia nella "Rivista della Montagna", più citata come "RM", del C.A.I. 1903, pagine 73/8. Quando l'Abate lo vide rimase stupefatto e meravigliato: "Dal colle noi volgiamo a sinistra e ben tosto ci troviamo presso un bellissimo lago verde in cui si riflette la cima del Picco Garin. Sulla carta questo lago non porta nessun nome e noi lo chiamammo Lago Garin. C'indirizziamo quindi a destra di esso, e, fatti pochi passi, ci troviamo fra le rovine d'una antica città. Che cos'é dunque questo ? Nientemeno che dei muri ma naturali, fatti di pietre tagliate orizzontalmente e disposte simmetricamente le une sopra le altre. Vì ha tanto da essere ingannati. Qui i muri si vedono assai bene, là sonvi lembi di muro diroccato; altrove delle specie di cortili davanti a case ruinate; delle panche per sedere; in un angolo, in mezzo ai quattro muri, il posto del focolare. Tutto ciò é così interessante e curioso ...".
Ma sarà stato sol un finto villaggio costruito nei millenni da Madre Natura? Così siam andati ad esplorare ed a controllare. Immaginate la Fantasia dei Ragazzi! "No, No, é proprio un Villaggio Indiano vero! Saranno stati Apaches Mescaleros o Ciricaua, oppure Sioux. No questa é opera di Pellerossa del Settentrione: Algonchini, Delaware o Crows ...". Facendo un poco di confusione ma, fondalmentalmente, avevano quasi ragione. Erano invece i "Cogneins", questi Indiani Montagnini che da sempre vivono nella splendida Valle di Cogne, da sempre schiva di mischiarsi con altre "popolazioni: "Nos sen de Cogne, Tribù de Dzimillan (Dzgemeillan), Nosatres sen" ... "cresciuti bevendo le Acque del Lac Garin e del Grauson-Lussert. Andate a bere alla Fontana in pietra attaccata alla Chiesa in centro paese e capirete tutto ...".



"El PUEBLO invencible lucha UNIDO", by Gino Bolfo

Golden Grauson Tower/L'oro della Torre Grauson

Grauson's Tower, by Antonio




They say that the Tower Grauson there is gold. Indeed there was yellow metal, because when I read that old book, which I do not know where he is, which do not remember the title, and of which I have forgotten the name of who wrote it, since then, I said, I no longer heard. But there, I can assure you, as there is also the book that tells the Gold into Long Lake at The Laures (see above). There are both, or maybe it was the same, but they exist. It must be a book '800. Ouch! Memory and, above all, the Old Age!
He said that on the Southwestern Side (the one on the left in the photo), the Tower of Grauson there was gold. Our imagination has made us "work" and many times that I went for the small Vallon of Chaz Fleurie, secondary to the far more extensive than Grauson, a small peek at the date I always, towards the base of the long rock wall, surmounted high against the sky from a jagged ridge that accompanies it as a robust embroidery. Going up the long, steep and annoying moraine leading to the Pic Garin. Even with The Camillo, who is an accomplished mineralogist and Crystals Hunter; incidentally if the quartz veins does not see him, with the accustomed The Franco, to "strip" the Mount Blanc, who else could see them? Instead, nothing."Ren de Ren" or Nothing fancy. Mystery ...
But I learned that the legends always come from something real. Then, perhaps, were drawn at will, enlarged in the news, warped from the pure truth, but still, with a base of truthfulness. And we will too. It seems that the Tower Grauson lived serene and tranquil in her Virginity. Incidentally had overcome the obstacle of 1800 very dangerous with all those Hunters Virgin, which had swept over the entire Alpine region. Imagine if they had thought of you, so bleak, mammoth as the largest of the Dinosaurs and looking very little conciliatory. So these Hunters Peaks looked at from Cogne or Valnontey, where it is even more in evidence but, Guando walked down the Valley of Grauson, which means Great, pulled right throwing only a fleeting glance and furtive. But one fine day ...
One day he realized that he had reckoned without the Oste. Horizon of 17 July 1909 is a small and terrible English, accompanied by a Mountain Guide of the Matterhorn (from RM, 1910, 279): "Tour Grauson 3237 meters, crossing and I climb to the NE ridge and down to the south face.
"A Cogne with the friend and guide of Benjamin Pession Valtornanche we wondered if the Tour Grauson was still a virgin. Seemed odd that after the statistics of dr. Ferrari in 1908 (Bull. CAI, Vol XXIX, 126) in which the it was said still a virgin no one had undertaken the climb. so we decided to tempt her. Went to Alpe stay overnight at 2,271 meters in 2.15 hours from Cogne day July 17, 1909. farmhouses we started from where we were joyfully hosted by the shepherds at 6,20 the next day. We got to climb in the direction of NE after crossing the stream Lussert took up towards the small hill at the base of the NE ridge (to the north we could see the lakes.) We followed the ridge for a while 'direction sO, then cut diagonally to the West on the North side, very steep, and thus bypass many ribs and channels arriving at 10,30 under the highest peak ... We conducted the descent to the South side, for one of the many canals. ... "

But the Tower was already on guard from the day before, when he saw the duo reach of the Alp Grauson Vieux, including the danger of Instinct and, without paying much attention to Virginity, threw himself into the Night all the gold he had down the wall and then the Southwest brought down over a large landslide of gigantic blocks and "clapeys", covering the gold forever.
For what we do not booze!

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ The LEGEND of the GOLDEN TOWER




Tour Grauson from Southwest, by Antonio


Dicon che alla Torre del Grauson ci sia l'oro. Anzi che ci fosse il giallo metallo, perché da quando ho letto quel vecchio libro, che non so più dove sia, del quale non ricordo il titolo e del quale ho dimenticato anche il nome di chi l'ha scritto, da allora, dicevo, non ne ho più sentito parlare. Ma esiste, ve lo posso assicurare, com'esiste anche quel libro che racconta dell'oro al Lago Lungo delle Laures (vedi sopra). Esistono entrambi, o forse era lo stesso, ma esistono. Deve essere un libro dell'800. Ahi! la Memoria e, soprattutto, la Vecchiaia!!
Diceva che sul Versante Sudovest (quello sulla sinistra nella foto) della Torre di Grauson esistesse l'oro. La nostra fantasia ci'ha fatto "lavorare" e molte volte che son passato per il piccolo Vallone della Chaz Fleurie, secondario a quello ben più esteso del Grauson, una sbirciatina l'ho sempre data, verso la base di quella lunga parete rocciosa, sormontata in alto contro il cielo da una cresta frastagliata che l'accompagna come robusto ricamo. Risalendo quella lunga, ripida e fastidiosa morena che porta al Pic Garin. Anche con Il Camillo, che é un affermato mineralogista e Cacciatore di Cristalli; daltronde se le vene quarzifere non le vede lui, abituato con Il Franco, a "spogliare il Monte Bianco, chi altro potrebbe vederle? Invece nulla. "Ren de Ren", ossia Niente di Niente. Mistero...
Però ho imparato che le leggende provengono sempre da un qualcosa di vero. Poi, magari, son state elaborate a piacimento, ingrandite nella notizia, distorte dalla pura verità ma, pur sempre, con una base di veridicità. Lo faremo anche noi.
Pare che la Torre Grauson vivesse serena e tranquilla nella sua Verginità. Daltronde aveva superato l'ostacolo molto pericoloso del 1800 con tutti quei Cacciatori di Vergini, che avevano fatto incetta su tutto l'Arco Alpino. Figuriamoci se avessero pensato a Lei, così tetra, mastodontica come il più grande dei Dinosauri e dall'aspetto veramente poco conciliante. Così questi Cacciatori di Cime la guardavano da Cogne o dalla Valnontey, dove é ancora più in evidenza ma, guando percorrevano il Vallone del Grauson, che vuole dire Grande, tiravano diritto gettandole solo un'occhiata fugace e furtiva. Ma un bel giorno...
Un bel giorno capì che aveva fatto i conti senza l'Oste. All'orizzonte del 17 Luglio 1909 appare un terribile Inglesino, accompagnato da una Guida del Cervino (da RM 1910, 279): " Tour Grauson metri 3237; I ascensione e traversata per la cresta NE e discesa per la faccia sud.
" A Cogne con l'amico e guida Beniamino Pession di Valtornanche ci si chiedeva se la Tour Grauson fosse ancora vergine. Pareva strano che dopo la Statistica del dott. Ferrari del 1908 (Boll. C.A.I., Vol. XXIX, 126) in cui la si diceva ancora vergine nessuno ne avesse intrapreso la salita. Decidemmo quindi di tentarla. Andati a pernottare all'alpe a 2271 metri in ore 2,15 da Cogne il giorno 17 Luglio 1909. Partimmo dai casolari dove eravamo stati gioiosamente ospitati dai pastori alle ore 6,20 del giorno dopo. Prendemmo a salire in direzione N-E dopo aver attraversato il torrente di Lussert prendemmo a salire in direzione del piccolo colle alla base della cresta N-E (A nord vedevamo i laghi). Seguimmo la cresta per un po' in direzione S-O, per poi tagliare in diagonale verso Ovest sul versante Nord, assai ripido, e quindi scavalcare molti costoloni e canali arrivando alle 10,30 sotto la cima più alta ... Effettuammo la discesa per il versante Sud, per uno dei tanti canali ..."
.
Ma la Torre era in guardia sin dal giorno prima, allorché vide il duo arrivare all'Alpe del Grauson Vieux, d'Istinto comprese il pericolo e, senza badar troppo alla Verginità, gettò nella Notte tutto l'oro che aveva giù per la Parete Sudovest facendogli poi scendere sopra una gran frana di giganteschi blocchi e "clapeys", in questo modo coprendo l'oro per sempre.
Per quello noi non lo trovavamo!




The GRAUSON TOWER from Northeast, by marco87

Four Lussert Lakes & Ancient Glacier of the Lussert

Grauson/Lussert Basin & Ancient Glacier In Permafrost Effect, by emilius




There are four gems set into the rock, the rock that the Old Glacier Lussert, going on board, left in the open. A gift of Grandfather Lussert to hikers and fishermen. How to Antonio, who often hangs out in these parts there. Grandfather thought Lussert shadow of the Tower Grauson: "I am old, battered, I began to have aches and crevasses everywhere and even to suffer the cold. With all this ice on me. I am no longer young to bear all this weight and my ice in veins circulates less and less. And then, during the day, I can not stand the heat. This Grauson the sun, and the Tops Red & of Laures that I reflect on it blinds me and makes me continually exude ice and water. Almost, almost I go in Guest house. Withdrawal those four pennies frozen that I have stayed in the safe and I retire. course I feel sorry for those who pass, because they do not see me anymore. They will remain only these stony reddish, more and more by the sun drenched Poor wayfarers! I almost give up some popsicle and let their little lakes. ... So at least they remember me. "So he did.



The inevitable passing of the Years wore on the Poor Old Lussert's Glacier in Day to Day, by Antonio


But being, as well as generous as evidenced by the Torrent of Lussert animated by still waters that run under the huge scree of Grauson (its ancient bed, where he used to go to sleep), we said, as well as had always been a generous Glacier right and its sources had scattered throughout the Walloon of Grauson. He had to drink the pastors of New Grauson, such as those of Grauson Vieux. Equally, without distinction of rank between who was and who was above below. He drank men and herds, ibex, chamois, marmots and even the eagle came to quench their thirst with its cool waters. Waters of Glacier, not laugh. Other than those in the bottle! Indeed had put a sign forbidding "PROHIBITED bottle the water of the Glacier de Lussert." French, just to give themselves a voice, that he Noble he was for real. For a number of Millions of Years. But now he was just tired and bored: "Always the same ... for that Anthony tourists who arrives with his fishing line and then I photographed. Yet I know that I am shy and I want my Privacy. Nothing, that is merciless. Whenever I see makes me a burst, shoot me of pictures. The only ones that I were funny were those Pilgrims who came up to the Pas du Valaisan, making a deck like this. I passed over light and panting at their own pace at the same time soft and tired. Was precisely the Valaisans, and I liked to follow them while away became dots until it disappears into Pas. To tell the truth I never understood what you were going to do. Their problems, all their".
So the Glacier of the Lussert originated a series of lakes and, not to do harm to no one, made of large, medium, small and even tiny & young ones drew them round, elongated, oblong, almost triangular. Put them a little below and a little above, and also half-way. More than that! Thanks Old Lussert. We'll wait for the next Ice Age (Oh! is the time of a glacier) ...

CHENAUX s on rocky plate up the cliff of 20 metres on 1978
User Profile Image


The four LUSSERT LAKES, by Osw

Esiston quattro gemme incastonate nella roccia, quella roccia che l'Antico Ghiacciaio del Lussert, andando in Pensione, ha lasciato a cielo aperto. Un regalo di Nonno Lussert agli Escursionisti ed ai Pescatori. Com'Antonio, che da queste parti ci bazzica sovente. Nonno Lussert pensava all'ombra della Torre Grauson: "Son proprio vecchio, malconcio, comincio ad aver acciacchi e crepacce dappertutto ed anche a patire il freddo. Con tutto questo ghiaccio c'ho addosso. Non son più giovane per sopportare tutto questo peso ed il mio ghiaccio nelle vene circola sempre meno. E poi, di giorno, non sopporto più sto calore caldo. Questo sole che il Grauson, la Punta Rossa e quella des Laures mi riflettono sopra m'acceca e mi fa continuamente trasudare ghiaccio ed acqua. Quasi, quasi me ne vado in Pensione. Ritiro quei quattro spiccioli congelati che mi son rimasti in cassaforte e mi ritiro. Certo che mi dispiace per chi passa, ché non mi vedrà più. Resteran solo queste pietraie rossicce, sempre più Assolate dal Sole. Poveri viandanti! Quasi quasi rinuncio a qualche ghiacciolo e lascio loro dei laghetti. Così almeno mi ricorderanno...". Così fece. Ma essendo, oltre che generoso come testimonia il Torrent de Lussert ancor animato dalle sue acque che scorrono sotto l'immensa pietraia della Grauson (il suo antico letto, dov'era solito andar a riposare), dicevamo, oltre che generoso era sempre stato un Ghiacciaio giusto e le sue fonti le aveva sparpagliate per tutto il Vallone del Grauson. Aveva dato da bere ai pastori di Grauson Nuove, come a quelli di Grauson Vieux. Equamente, senza fare distinzioni di rango tra chi sopra stava e chi stava sotto. Aveva abbeverato uomini e mandrie, stambecchi, camosci, marmotte e perfino l'aquila veniva a dissetarsi alle sue fresche acque. Acque di Ghiacciaio, mica da ridere. Altro che quelle in bottiglia! Anzi aveva piantato un cartello di divieto: "VIETATO imbottigliare l'Acqua del Glacier de Lussert". Alla francese, tanto per darsi un tono, lui che Nobile lo era per davvero. Da alcuni Milioni di Anni. Però adesso era proprio stanco ed annoiato: "Sempre i soliti turisti ... quell'Antonio che arriva con la sua lenza da pesca e poi mi fotografa. Eppure lo sa che io sono timido e ci tengo alla mia Privacy. Niente, quell'é impietoso. Ogni volta che mi vede mi spara una raffica di pictures. Gli unici che m'eran simpatici eran quei Pellegrini ch'andavan fin al Pas du Valaisan, facendosi un mazzo così. Mi passavano sopra leggeri ed ansimanti con il loro passo nello stesso tempo soffice e stanco. Eran proprio dei Valaisans, e mi piaceva seguirli mentre allontanandosi diventavano dei puntini fino a scomparire dentro il Pas. Per la verità non ho mai capito che cavolo v'andassero a fare. Loro problemi, tutti loro."
Così il Ghiacciaio del Lussert originò tutta 'na serie di laghi e, per non far torto a nessuno, ne fece di grandi, di medi, di piccoli ed anche di piccini; li disegnò rotondi, allungati, oblunghi, quasi triangolari. Li mise un pò sotto ed un pò sopra, ed anche a mezza strada. Più di così! Grazie Vecchio Lussert. Ti aspetteremo alla prossima Glaciazione (Oh! è il tempo di un ghiacciaio)...



Fourth UPPER Loch & Grauson TOWER, by Antonio

The Battle ("Batracomiomachia") between Giuseppe Corona Lake and Frog's mini Pond

Frog mini Pond & Corona's Lake, by Antonio




That Lord (Pigrete of Alicarnasso or Homer? More probably the first) that a couple of millennia ago had written "The Batracomiomachia", that the war between the Mice and the Frogs, it was definitely passed through here, ie the Lake Corona.
What is and where is this alpine lake? In the High Vallon of Grauson, in a small basin-shaped shell to the east of the much larger area of ​​the Lakes Lussert. A little before arriving at New Grauson Pastures, at the mouth of the Lussert real, turn right and continue along a beautiful trail inter-valley and reported to the Hill of Saint Marcel, also known as Corona's Pass, at first you reach a mini pond , marked with a stake and wooden plaque "Lago delle Rane", then continue to the east promontory reaching a watershed, the remains of an ancient lateral moraine of do not know which yet more ancient glacier. From this changing your direction in North cover it entirely dominating the top of a beautiful view the small lake, but when the trail turns back to the east, the abandoned, because over there, five minutes' walk, you will find the beautiful Corona's Loch.
But when Joseph Corona in February 1875 made ​​the first brave crossed the Hill, from Cogne to Saint Marcel ideally joining the Valley Grand'Eyvia with the Central Valley of the River Dora Baltea, with his party, not to him. What was the use? A nothing. Even the crossing was long and hard (made ​​it on skis, snowshoes or just with wooden feet and legs? We lean towards the latter solution), and then you could not even find water to drink. Eh! yes, because in Winter the Lake Corona "is covered" with a thick layer of ice over which lies like a blanket of ermine, a white cloak, that the continuing increase in thick snow. Summer, however, its waters very blue undulate uninterruptedly, boosted slightly by a light breeze, here always exists. Ogle on its edges soft flowers shaped like a small white ball that flake like for the "heads." not knowing the scientific name, we'll call them "Heads Mountain ".
When Corona passed did not deign even a glance the lake. Did disdain even look.
This enterprise became known this way, already well-known Shepherds and the tourists, who, you know, they are often rude. They leave their garbage a little everywhere, even in a lake, nice and clean, as God created it. And where there is waste, arrive well as rats. This, too, you know. Since the World began. Our small lake is also found to be, first, identified, and then filed: "From today you are the Lake Corona and become a Star in all topographic maps!" (true: one makes less and receive more from Life ... So the Corona inherited a Loch, without having even seen!). The lake shrugged caring about that proclamation. He was too well on its own, with its waves caressed him like he was a child and a bunch of frogs, singing and doing jumps and pirouettes, amused him. Mr. Lake was just a "what the hell do these soils cards? I have no name. Indeed I have one there, my name is Lake".
The rest, unfortunately, I tell you.



Corona Loch & Penne Blanche, by Antonio


They began the quarrels of the condominium. The mice wanted their own Living Space and, got, began to harass the "grenouilles." Yes, because these were not real frogs, but little frogs of the mountain, which had small avevr starved and had remained a little dwarf. These mice were bad and determined to take over. When the frogs they realized that they can not face them, they turned to Lake. But he, who was an indolent, pretended not to hear. And I heard them, like Pontius Pilate. Then the frogs gathered an Extraordinary Council: either perish or, unfortunately, to emigrate. The Winter did not bring improvements to the Situation and the story showed "cum" in the Spring. Meanwhile, the Lake cursing; "But look at that brothel brought me this Corona!". The Frogs, however, judicious such as ants, they realized it was time to emigrate. At least for the moment. They went down and jumping like an army in revolt, they found a living space in a small lake below. Here they stopped and put new camp. They planted a sign that marked the property and waited. It turned out a terrible War of Position: With the Winter mice went downhill, while the frogs took refuge under the ice sheet. But with the beautiful Season Waltz started again from the beginning. There are countless victims. On either front. The lake, like a helpless, watched the massacre. No one intervened. And there was no NATO. So much so, even though there was nothing changed. History teaches. They were scrapping away. Morsicavano mice and frogs yelled to rip through the eardrums. A War of All Natural. But, still, a war. Bulletin: today death seven frogs and three mice, and the next day: today three mice died and seven frogs. Always the same music. News of all news: today seven dead mice three frogs. Informed of what was happening the Corona said, "But what I am guilty that I did not know that this lake existed." We seem to hear the politicians of today!
We were already gone with the "Gigi" Gadin beginning of Autumn 1978, but the snow had not revealed this dramatic Drama emilius, angry, when I got back with him and noticed such a mess before he went to photograph high on the grassy ridge , which is the boundary with the Lussert, then "discovered" a grassy collar that led to it. Tsesère Alp the crossed descending stopping at his beautiful stone fountain, where you hear only the sound of water flowing. They say that passing through the Corona say, "But look what a mess Reporters do these, I will not spend more for the Corona Hill". And he did so for ever.





Emilius s  in the  SUMM and Surr.  EMO &  SUGG FROG S Lake
descending to Corona Lake
il lago Corona (2702 m.)
Lago Corona...
La Punta di Leppe...
[


From Frog's towards Corona Lakes, by "Gigi" Gadin, marco87 & Antonio


Quel Signore (Pigrete di Alicarnasso od Omero? Più probabilmente il primo) che un paio di Millenni orsono aveva scritto "La Batracomiomachia", ovvero la guerra tra i Topi e le Rane, era sicuramente passato di qua, cioé al Lago Corona.
Cos'é e dove si trova questo lago alpino? Nell'Alto Vallone del Grauson, in una conchetta a guisa di conchiglia ad Oriente della ben più vasta area di quella dei Laghi del Lussert. Un pò prima d'arrivar all'Alpe di Grauson Nuove, all'imbocco del Lussert vero e proprio, girate a destra e continuate lungo un bel sentiero intervallivo e segnalato per il Colle di Saint Marcel, altrimenti detto di Corona; dapprima raggiungete un mini laghetto, segnalato con un paletto e targa in legno "Lago delle Rane", quindi continuate ad Est raggiungendo un promontorio spartiacque, resto di un'antica morena laterale di non si sa qual ancor più antico ghiacciaio. Da questa cambiando la vostra direzione in Nord la percorrete interamente dominando dall'alto con bella veduta il laghetto; ma quand'il sentiero volge nuovamente ad Est, lo abbandonate, perché lì sopra, a cinque minuti di cammino, trovate lo splendido Lago Corona.
Ma Giuseppe Corona quando nel Febbraio del 1875 effettuò la prima coraggiosa attraversata del Colle, da Cogne a Saint Marcel unendo idealmente la Valle della Grand'Eyvia con la Valle Centrale del Fiume Dora Baltea, con la sua comitiva, non lo raggiunse. A che serviva? A nulla. Già la traversata era dura e lunga (la fecero con gli sci, le racchette da neve in legno o solo con piedi e gambe? Noi propendiamo per questa ultima soluzione), eppoi non si poteva neppur trovar acqua da bere. Eh! si, perché d'Inverno il Lago Corona "si copre" con'uno spesso strato di ghiaccio sopr'al qual giace, come coperta d'ermellino, un candido mantello, che le continue nevicate aumentano in spessore. D'Estate, invece, le sue acque azzurrissime ondeggiano ininterrotte, sospinte lievemente da leggera brezza, qui sempre esistente. Sui suoi bordi occhieggiano fiori soffici a forma di piccola palla bianca, che si sfaldano come succede ai "soffioni". Non conoscendo il nome scientifico, li chiameremo "Soffioni di Montagna".
Quando Corona passò disdegnò il lago. Neppur uno sguardo. Proprio non lo considerò d'una vista.
Quest'impresa fece conoscere questa via, già ben nota ai Pastori, ai turisti, che, ben si sa, spesso son maleducati. Lascian le loro immondizie un pò dappertutto, anche in riva ad un lago, bello e pulito, come Iddio lo creò. E dove ci son rifiuti, arrivan pur i ratti. Anche questo si sa. Da che Mondo é mondo. Il nostro laghetto si trovò ad esser, anche, prima identificato, e poi schedato: "Da oggi sei il Lago Corona e diventerai una Star in tutte le Carte Topografiche!" (proprio vero: men un fa e più riceve dalla Vita ... Così il Corona ereditò un Lago, senz'averlo neppur visto!). Il lago fece spallucce fregandosene di quel proclama. Stava troppo ben da solo, con le sue onde che l'accarezzavano come quand'era bambino ed un nugolo di ranocchie che, cantando e facendo salti e piroette, lo divertivano. Era proprio un Signor Lago. "Che Diavol voglion st'imbratta carte? Io non'ho nessun nome. Anzi un ce l'ho: mi chiamo Lago".
Il resto, purtroppo, ve lo racconteremo.
Incominciaron le liti di condominio. I topi volevano il loro Spazio Vitale ed, ottenutolo, iniziaron a molestare les "grenouilles". Si, perchè queste non eran vere rane, ma dei ranocchietti di montagna, che da piccole dovean aver patito la fame ed erano rimaste un pochino nanerottole. Questi topi eran cattivi e determinati a prenderne il sopravvento. Quando le ranocchie s'accorsero di non poter fronteggiarli, si rivolser al Lago. Ma lui, che era un indolente, fece finta di non ascoltare. E non le ascoltò, come Ponzio Pilato. Allora le ranocchie s'adunarono in Consiglio Straordinario: o perire oppur, purtroppo, migrar. L'Inverno non portò miglioramenti alla Situation e la storia si mostrò "tel quel" in Primavera. Intanto il Lago imprecava; "Ma guarda che bordello m'ha portato sto Corona!". Le Rane, invece, giudiziose come le formiche, avean capito ch'era tempo d'emigrare. Almeno pel momento. Scesero e, saltando com'un esercito in sommossa, trovaron uno spazio vitale in un laghetto sottostante. Quivi si fermaron e poser nuovo accampamento. Piantaron un cartello che delimitava la proprietà ed attesero. Si rivelò una Guerra di Posizione terribile: con l'Inverno i topi scendevan a valle, mentre le rane si rifugiavano sotto la coltre ghiacciata. Ma con la bella Stagione il Valzer ricominciava ab initio. Non si contan le Vittime. Sull'uno e sull'altro fronte. Il Lago, com'un impotente, assisteva allo scempio. Nessun interveniva. E non c'era ancor la NATO. Tanto, anche se ci fosse stata nulla cambiava. La Storia insegna. Furon botte da orbi. I topi morsicavano e le rane gridavan da squarciar'i timpani. Una Guerra del tutto Naturale. Ma, pur sempre, una Guerra. Bollettino: oggi morte sette rane e tre topi; il giorno appresso: oggi morti tre topi e sette rane. Sempre la stessa Musica. Novità delle novità: oggi morti sette topi e tre rane. Informato di quant'avveniva il Corona esclamò: "Ma di cosa son colpevole io, che non sapevo neppur che questo lago esistesse". Sembra d'ascoltar i politici d'oggi!
Eravam già passati con il "Gigi" Gadin all'inizio dell'Autunno 1978, ma la neve fresca non ci aveva rivelato questo Dramma drammatico. Quando tornai con l'emilius e lui s'accorse d'un tal casin, infuriato, prima andò a fotograre in alto sul costone erboso, che fa da spartiacque con il Lussert, poi "scoprì" un colletto erboso adducente al medesimo. L'attraversammo scendendo all'Alpe Tsesère e sostando presso la sua bella fontana in pietra, ove s'ode sol il rumor dell'acqua scorrente. Dicon che il Corona, passando, esclamasse: "Ma guarda che casino fan questi Reporters; non passerò più pel Col Corona". E così fece per sempre.



From CORONA's Lake to PENNE BLANCHE Mountain Chain, by Antonio

Doreire or Dorère LAKES by Penne Blanche also Tessonet's Lochs by Madame THE TERSIVA?



The Head of the Lakes in revolt to Madame THE TERSIVA; Lake Above, the Greatest (2844m), by Antonio


The Battle, by Legal Means, between Tersiva's Point & Mount Penne Blanche for the Doreire Lochs



The Viceroy Western Penne Blanche (3208m), by Antonio


It happened a great quarrel between Point Tersiva: "You are the Lakes of Pontonnet the name of the glacier, which surrounds me all over the Western flank". "Absolutely not!" Answered the three Lakes Doreire or Dorère, located Northern of Invergneux Pass (2902m) or des Hevergnes also said, that the Winters. These, supported, as if they were Squires, other small lakes, ponds were as poor Nobility, were put on display at the turn of the path n° 8/TVC that goes up towards Erveilleres Pastures (2515m), crosses the step and reach Alpage of th'Invergneux (2524m) in the large Urtier Vallon, where, it seems, was inhabited throughout the year. Even in the coldest winters and cold, hence the name. Lakes were absolutely Independent of the Free Spirit. They had already had to suffer the Tyranny of Mamame The TERSIVA in distant millennia, when the same expanded its Power Ice Age covering the entire Northwestern Side of a long ridge called Serra Madù or Madou, with a very wide front that went beyond even his pace and tied the ice, then existing, the Mountain Chain of Penne Blanche.



The Lower (2732m) of the Lakes in revolt against Madame La TERSIVA, by Antonio


It took centuries of "anger" with its High Temperature out of this slavery, but in the end the Penne Blanche gained their Independence and then Absolute Autonomy. The Tersiva surrendered but, as All Powerful Earth, he made his Raising recalling all the ice beyond the boundary of the Northwest ridge coming down from the Quota 3220 meters on the Serra; merely maintain its Realm Glacier Tessonet, as it is still to this day. "I'll make them die of thirst and Hot, those guys." The Penne Blanche had to run for cover an Partners' Meeting convening Extraordinary present: Head of Vallonet, Penne Eastern Blanche (3248m), as King, Western (3205m), The Viceroy and the Vassals of the Westerner Point Coupée, Head Money and Mount Creya. They decided to found a Cooperative Lakes, Free&Separate from those miserable little lakes that remained fallen to Madame and placed in the moraine below the Glacier Tessonet. "All for one, and every man for himself", this was the Motto of the Constituent Assembly. Even the name of the Emissaries was changed beyond Tessonet de Torrent and Torrent Doreire here. "Each to his House". Unfortunately then we had to meet at the gathering Ervillères Alpages, because the Shepherds were in need of both waters. And with the same there is not much to joke about, because if you make them angry, shelve "Les Vatzes", also Cows, and pull out the Bulls, and then ensure that they are Pain! Nothing to do, it was necessary again to find an agreement. A Mediation, otherwise another war broke out. They found, for Mountains, Lakes and Torrents are much more Intelligent than men. From then on all the waters together they would take the name of Torrent of Grauson impartial and this going down to the Walloon Doreire-Tessonet, would receive the waters of the Torrent of Corona at the Pralognan's Alpages (2440m) to finally unite, at the Grauson Vieux Pastures (2273m) to the Torrent of the Lussert. All together, they would have happily continued their race to Cogne, forming also, to celebrate the Event, a spectacular Waterfall near Alp Pila (2021m). From Madame The Tersiva towards Cogne Town, joining also to all the waters of Lakes Lussert, namely: the UNITED STATES GRAUSON ...



I Laghi tra la Tersiva ed il Penne Blanche: "The second Rebel is also ready to launch boulders", by Anthony


Avvenne 'na grande lite tra la Punta Tersiva: "Voi siete i Laghi del Pontonnet dal nome del ghiacciaio, che mi cinge tutt'il fianco Occidental!". "Assolutamente no!!", rispondevano i tre Laghi Doreire o Dorere, situati a Settentrione del Passo di Invergneux (2902 m) od anche detto des Hevergnes, ovvero degli Inverni. Questi, assecondati, come fossero degli Scudieri, da altri piccoli laghi, di scarsa Nobiltà come stagni, si mettevan in bella mostra a cavallo del sentiero n° 8/TVC risalente dall'Alpe Erveillères (2515 m), attraversa il passo e giung'all'Alpe dell'Invergneux (2524 m) nel gran Vallon dell'Urtier, ove, par, foss'abitata in tutto l'anno. Anche negli Inverni più rigidi e freddi, donde il nome. Eran laghi assolutamente Indipendenti e di Libero Spirito. Già avean dovuto subir la Tirannide di Madame la Tersiva in lontani Millenni,



La "Guerra" tra la Tersiva ed il Penne Blanche per il "possesso" dei tre Laghi Dorères / The "War" between the Tersiva and Penne Blanche for the "possession" of the three Lakes Dorères, by Antonio


allorché la medesima espandeva il suo Potere Glaciale coprendo tutto il Versante Nordovest della lunga cresta, detta Serra Madù o Madou, con un larghissimo fronte ch'oltre scavalcava anch'il passo e si legava ai ghiacci, allora esistenti, della Catena dei Penne Blanche. Ci voller secoli d'"arrabbiature" con relative Alte Temperature per uscir da sta Schiavitù, ma a fin fine i Penne Blanche ottenner la loro Indipendenza e poi Assoluta Autonomia. La Tersiva s'arrese ma, come Tutti i Potenti della Terra, effettuò la sua Rivalsa ritirando tutti i ghiacci al di là del confine della Cresta Nordovest discendente dalla Quota 3220 metri sulla Serra; si limitò a mantener Reame sul Ghiacciaio del Tessonet, com'é ancor a tutt'oggi. "Li farò crepar di Caldo e Sete, quelli là!".



Renato looked curiously: "Cos'l'é stò gran Bourdel? Chissà de Sopra. Sarà 'na Guera!" / "But what is all this Brothel, and thank goodness that we are only at the Lower Loch!", by Antonio


I Penne Blanche dovetter correr a ripari convocando 'n'Asseblea Straordinaria, presenti: Testa del Vallonet, Penne Blanche Orientale (3248 m), in qualità di Re, Occidentale (3205 m), Il Vice Re, ed i Vassalli d'Occidente Pointe Coupée, Testa di Money e Monte Creya. Deciser di fondar 'na Cooperativa di Laghi, Libera&Separata da quei miserabili pitocchetti laghi che manean alla decaduta Madame e posti nella morena sott'al Ghiacciaio del Tessonet. "Tutti per uno, ed ognuno per se stesso", questi era Motto dell'Assemblea Costituente. Anche il nome degli Emissari andaa cambiato: di là Torrent de Tessonet e di qua Torrent Doreire. "Ognun Casa sua!". Purtroppo poi ci si doveva incontrar riunendosi presso l'Ervillères, perché i Pastori avevan bisogna d'entrambe l'Acque. E coi Pastori non c'é molto da scherzar perché, se li fai incavolar, metton via "Les Vatzes" e tiran fuori Tori, ed allora sì che son Dolori! Niente da far, bisognava nuovamente trovar 'n'accordo. Una Mediazion, altrimenti scoppiava 'n'altra Guerra. La trovaron, ché Montagne, Laghi e Torrenti son molto più Intelligenti degli uomini. Da lì in avanti tutte l'acque riunite avrebbero preso il nome imparziale di Torrent de Grauson; questo scendendo giù pel Vallone Doreire-Tessonet, avrebbe ricevuto l'acque del Torrent de Corona presso l'Alpe di Pralognan (2440 m) donde infin unirsi, press'il Pascolo del Grauson Vieux (2273 m), al Torrent de Lussert. Tutt'insieme, avrebbero proseguito felicemente la lor corsa giù verso Cogne, formando anche, per festeggiar l'Evento, 'na spettacolar Cascata all'Alpe Pila (2021 m). Da Madame La TERSIVA infin'a Cogne, unendosi anch'a tutte le acque dei Laghi Lussert, ossia: gli
STATI UNITI of GRAUSON ...



La grande disputa per il NOME dei Laghi tra la Tersiva ed il Penne Blanche: Il Lago Doreire, e non Tessonet, di Mezzo (2830 m), by Antonio

The TERSIVA & Seven Tiny Pond or Biancaneve & 7 Nani

From West Grauson/Doreire Vallon to Tersiva Point (3512m), by marco87




Biancaneve and The Tersiva with Seven Dwarfs & 7 Miniponds

Who wrote "White Snow and the Seven Dwarfs" was definitely the Tersiva. Maybe not in Top, but certainly in the surrounding area, ie on the moraine below the Glacier Tessonet. He was an Artist and had a "Lightning Strike Victim Falling in Love" instantly of this beautiful Mountain with his Whitecloak. As in all the Great Loves, was not immediately repaid by love for each other. It needed a little time. He fell in Depression: Tersiva dreamed of Day and Night. It was on the edge of crazy. His sleep was troubled by this White Goddess. Unreachable. Yeah! Easy for us that we climb, perhaps several times. We, as with all things Achieved in Life, abandoned by the Wayside, if not Oblivion. But for Him not. It was an Obsession. Just a Fixation, as for us, when young, we thought the Eiger North Wall or the Walker Spur of the Great Jorasses. So, as much as we settle for "Becca" and Emilius progressively abandoning Dreams and Flights of Fancy, he consoled himself by designing "Snowwhite also called Biancaneve", or your Tersiva. So we do not have any merit in writing this story, owned by Another Poet.



The Tessonet Glacier with crevasses showed its teeth by Shark, by Antonio


The Small Poor Man had tried their all: Before he went up from Grauson up the moraine below the glacier, but that he had opened his mouth with large crevasses willing to board that looked like a bunch of Sharks, with the same tooth-edged knife threatening. Oh yes, because in those days, when Snowwhite was born, the same down much lower and you do not granted, as now, to go against the Tessonet's Point (3266m), without even wetting his boots. Down much more down to a plateau in which peeps out the small lake at 2800 meters, where does the Torrent Doreire over a large cliff. It was the only "son" was the youngest, after the quarrel with the Penne Blanche who had stolen his greatest or Dorère Lakes. "Ah! These Sons! Thou shalt breast-feed, breed with lovingness them, grow them and they will turn their backs. With the newcomer". For this Tersiva, beginning to grow old, he began to feel the Solitude: "What to do? I retreat a little at a time, so maybe some will come Little Nephew ...". This made. Such orders to the Sharks to retire and move more towards the South against the Serra Madù. They were born a series of small lakes that shine at his feet, sometimes hidden, where the crawl of the moraine consists of small hollows. As the Dunes of the Desert. The cards do carry only 5 but, you know, the same and Cartographers have not "Fantasia". Rational are coldly: "If there is, well, I put it: if there is not I can not draw a lake that does not exist". Instead there are the other 2 for a total, therefore, of 7, because Puppy is so small that it is hidden in the moraine perfectly, while Aeolus, the name says, it flies in the wind. A little of it is here and a little there. Everyone knows that it is a Wandering, a Roadster that runs behind the Seasons. From Year to Year to find him there or over here. Depending on how you move the Glacier.
But Our Poet these things do not even know. Something had guessed seeing shimmer here and there, but thought they were reflections of the ice. Do not give up: he wanted to Madame la Tersiva. At all costs, ie paying any price. That these Stubborn Mountaineers! He tried from the Urtier going to Alpages and Pass of Invergneux, crossing all the long ridge of the Serra Madou and when he reached the top portion on the 3282 meters looked at her face daring and winking from Small Old Fox: "Now I catch you! Go down in Glacier, wander behind your damn Sharks-Crevasses, go to your hill and Voilà is made. Indeed, "Bella Mia", you're it!" The Tersiva, which in life he had seen all sorts of things, shrugged his shoulders, "Come, come, My Beautiful, ... I'll fix that". The "Our" Miracles did live down on the ice without a rope and without insurance, where the Mountain Guides of Cogne, in general, make it a Rappel. Crossing under the West Face, starting to have some little doubt. He saw, in fact, of mushroom ice above the large blocks of rock, like a table. "You see that here download, doubted". Not even time to think that Madame sent him a nice landslide of stones down from the gloomy wall. He saved himself for Miracle and, sadly, he returned to Hill of Hevergnes, whence towards the Urtier's Walloon. To console himself, in Cogne, went for a nice drink at the Hotel Bellevue. Quality. A good bottle of Barolo tickled the Fantasy in Mind giving me the Wymper with the Matterhorn, "What Stupid! If you can not pass from this side of the other!", that is not here of the Swiss but that Val Fénis-Clavalité-High Basin Tersiva. He rose on the moraine, past the Glacier of The Tersiva, old and reduced to extremes, but when he came under the Tersiva Pass (3310m) we found the road blocked by a high band of steep rocks. Madame had reversed its Defenses: beyond Glacier Pass difficult and easy, here the Downside. It was made: he realized that he had Edward's shoulders and even the tenacity of Livingstone. Surrendered.



But also from the Northeast Tersiva showed its ugly face: the deception was not successful, by Antonio


However, being a stubborn Imaginative, thought, "If I can not have flesh and bones, will get Virtually". So reverted to the First Idea, which is always the best. He returned on the Grauson and discovered with astonishment and wonder, the Seven small lakes that Madame, older, had originated. Lakes Tessonet did not call them but saw them as "Seven Little Dwarfs" and the Tersiva, no longer whitewashed, became poisoned by the White Witch of Time, represented by Poisoned Apple. Came the Prince Charming to save her. It was close Emilius, a nice Male Bull Elephant that for years was the Court. Then came the Fairy Tale "Whitesnow and the Seven Dwarfs". And not just for the Little ones, because even the Growns-up, when they have a little bit of Fantasy, dream and can see well Aeolus & Puppy that, apparently, do not exist ...



"Come, come Bello Mio, I'll fix that", by Osw


Chi ha scritto "Biancaneve ed i Sette Nani" sicuramente é stato alla Tersiva. Magari non in Cima, ma certamente nei dintorni, cioé sulla morena sottostante il Ghiacciaio di Tessonet. Era 'n Artista ed ebbe un "Colpo di Fulmine Innammorandosi all'Istante" di questa bella Montagna col suo Biancomantello. Come in tutt'i Grandi Amori, non fu immediatamente ripagato da Amor reciproco. Necessitava un pò. Cadde in Depression: sognava la Tersiva Giorno e Notte. Fu al limite d'impazzir. I suoi Sonni eran turbati da questa Dea Bianca. Irrangiungibile. Eh già! Facile per noi che l'abbiam scalata, magari più d'una volta. L'abbiam, come per tutte le cose Raggiunte nella Vita, abbandonata nel Dimenticatoio, se non nell'Oblio. Ma Lui no. Era 'n'Idea Fissa. Proprio 'na Fissazion, come per noi quando, giovani, pensavam alla Nord dell'Eiger od allo Sperone Walker delle Jorasses. Così, come noi ci siam contentati della "Becca" e dell'Emilius abbandonando progressivamente Sogni e Voli Pindarici, lui si consolò ideando "Biancaneve", ovvero la Sua Tersiva. Quindi noi non abbiam merito alcun nello scriver st'istoria, proprietà d'Altro Poeta.



The "Our Artist-Poet was very thoughtful: he did not know what to do to "take" MADAME, by Camillo Roberto Ferronato


Il Poereto l'avea provate proprio tutte: prim'era andato in sù dal Grauson fin alla morena sott'al ghiacciaio, ma questi gli aveva spalancato le sue bocche con grandi crepe disposte a scacchiera che sembravan 'n branco di Squali, con le stesse orlate da dentacci a coltello minacciosi. Eh sì, perché a quei tempi, quando nacque Bianca Neve, il medesimo scendeva molto più in dzò e non ti concedea, com'adesso, di passar contro la Punta del Tessonet (3266 m), senza neppur bagnar scarponi. Scendeva molto di più in giù verso un altipian nel quale occhieggia il laghettino a 2800 metri incirca, ove muove il Torrent Doreire sopr'un gran burron. Era l'unico "figliol" rimasto, il più piccino, dopo la lite con il Penne Blanche che gli avea cacciato i suoi più grandi, o Laghi Dorère. "Ah! Sti Figli! Tu l'allatti, l'allevi con amor, li cresci e lor ti giran le spalle. Con l'ultimo che é arrivà". Per questo la Tersiva, cominciando ad invecchiar, iniziò a patir de Solitudine: "Che far? Mi ritiro un pò alla volta, così magari vien qualche Nipotino ... ". Ciò fece. Dett'ordini agli Squali di ritirarsi e di spostarsi più verso Sud contro la Serra Madù.



He told the Sharks-Crevasse to move further against Serra Madu, by emilius


Nacquer 'na serie di laghettin che brillan ai suoi pé, a volte scosti, dove lo strisciar della Morena compon conchtte. Come le Dune del Deserto. Le Carte ne riportan sol 5 ma, si sa, le stesse ed i Cartografi non han Fantasia. Son freddamente Razionali: "Se c'é, bene, lo metto: se non c'é non posso disegnare un lago inesistente". Invece ci son anche gl'altri 2 per un total, quindi, di 7, perché Cucciolo é così piccolin che si sconde nella morena perfettamente, mentre Eolo, lo dice il nom, vola nel vento. Un poco é di qua ed un poco di là. Lo san tutti ch'é un Gironzolon, un Vagabondo che corre dietro alle Stagioni. D'anno in Anno lo trovi di là oppur de qua. A seconda di come se move il Ghiacciaio.
Ma il Nostro Poeta ancor ste cose non le sapea. Qualcosina aveva intuito vedendo luccicar de qua e de là, ma pensava che fosser riflessi dei ghiacci. Non s'arrese: voleva Madame La Tersiva. A tutti i costi, senza badar quattrino. Che Testardi st'Alpinisti! Provò dall'Urtier risalendo a Grangie e Passo dell'Invergneux, attraversando tutta la lunga cresta della Serra Madou e quando arrivò in cima sulla Quota 3282 metri la guardò in volto sfidandola e strizzando l'occhiolin da Furbeto: "Ora te colgo! Scendo nel Ghiacciaio, aggir'alle spalle i tuoi maledetti Squali-Crepaccio, vado al tuo col e Voilà x'é fata. Anzi, Bella Mia, sei proprio fatta!". La Tersiva, che nella Vita n'aveva viste di Cotte e di Crude, fece spallucce; "Vien, vien, Bel Mio, che ti sistemo Io ...". Il "Nostro" fece Miracoli scendendo sul ghiaccio vivo senza corda e senza Assicurazione, dove le Guide di Cogne, in genere, fan 'na Doppia. Atraversò sotto la Parete Ovest incominciando ad aver qualche piccolo Dubbio e Timor. Vedeva, infatti, funghi di ghiaccio con al di sopra gran blocchi di roccia, a guisa di tavole. "Vuoi veder che qui scarica, dubitò". Neppur il tempo di pensar che Madame gl'inviò un bel franon de sassi, giù dalla tetra parete. Si salvò per Miracol e, mestamente, tornò al Passo des Hevergnes, donde all'Urtier. Per consolarsi, a Cogne, andò a far 'na bella bevuta all'Hotel Bellevue. Di Qualità. 'Na buon bottiglia di Barol gli stuzzicò Fantasia facendo venir in Mente Il Wymper col Cervino: "Che Stupid! Se non si può da questo versante passerò dall'altro", che qui non é quel Svizzero bensì quel della Val Fénis-Clavalité-Alta Comba Tersiva. S'alzò sulla morena, superò il Glacier de La Tersiva, vecchio e stremato, ma quand'arrivò di sotto al Colle della Tersiva (3310 m) s'impiantò davanti la strada sbarrata da 'n'alta fascia di ripide rocce. Madame aveva invertito le sue Difese: di là Ghiacciaio difficile e Colle facile, di qua il Rovescio della Medaglia. L'era fatta: comprese che non aveva le spalle d'Edward e neppur la Tenacia del Livingstone. S'arrese.



"Ma anche de là l'era d'un Brut ..." / "But the other side did Fear", by Antonio


Però, essendo che l'era un Fantasioso Testardun, pensò: "Se non posso averla in carne ed ossa, l'otterrò Virtualmente". Così riandò alla Prima Idea, ch'é sempre la Meglio. Tornò su pel Grauson e scoprì, Stupore e Meraviglia, i Sette laghetti che Madame, invecchiando, aveva originato. Non li chiamò Laghi del Tessonet ma li vide come "Sette Nanerottoli" e la Tersiva, non più imbiancata, diventò Biancaneve avvelenata dalla Strega del Tempo, rappresentato dalla Mela Avvelenata. Arrivò anch'il Principe Azzurro a salvarla. Era il dirimpettaio Emilius, un bel Maschion, che d'anni le faceva Corte. Così nacque la Fiaba di "Biancaneve ed i Sette Nani". E non solo per i Piccin, ch'anche i Grandi, quando han un pizzico di Fantasia, posson sognar vedendo pur Cucciolo ed Eolo che, in apparensa, non esiston ...



Descending from Summit with in bottom the Seven Mini Pond also Dwarfs, by Antonio

MONEY Lake and Pré Vaudan's Source

Penne Blanche Subgroup


MADAME THE TERSIVA & PENNE BLANCHE Subgroup from West, by Antonio




The LAKE of MONEY, and the SOURCE PRE' VAUDAN

This Gentleman is one of the few Nobles to have maintained their wealth Even after the French Revolution and the "Des socques" in Val d'Aosta. Powered by three peaks, placed behind him in the Western part of the small chain Pens Mont Blanche, he never wanted to increase his Realm expanding its domains, but has never yielded an inch of the same making, at most, a few small concession aquatic. Lazily lying in a pleasant and green walloon (2550m), specially made by him doing clean up the stack "clapeys", spends his days in the sun which for him is a valuable asset. Behind him, that is to the south, oversee its two powerful Bodyguards: The Point Coupée (3211m) and the Throne of His Kingdom that is, the Head of Money (3130m), divided by a small saddle 3105 that aims to , like a window open, you can do that look out to the South in order to control the Casino that make the Men in the Mines there. Unfortunately, the downside is that the same two make him a heavy shadow and perennial. And if the Summer as much as it is bearable, even cooler, in the Winter Music completely changes continuously causing respiratory diseases. In more of the Tersiva from the East sends cold gusts of air cooled by the glacier Tessonet that run along the Vallone Doreire. On the other hand she is the Queen and therefore can do whatever she wants! To him, the most powerful small Vassal of more great Vassal of the Penne Blanche, all that remains is passively accept remaining eternally bowed at his feet. A respectful distance, as the Sovereign admits a certain Confidence, but with the proper distances. Sneaking a little widened towards the East by cutting a little bit at the Pointe, in fact, Coupée, and more to the west by pave the ridge to Mount Creya (3015m), in order to enlarge the space-light, but all of Night and illegally, because here there are no Condoni and Gifts Sanctions are very salty. For this reason, the Lake of Money it remains secluded and quiet without giving, in turn, trust anyone. With all the "Pimps" and small "Maids" that are out there! When he gets some tourist or hiker (Mountaineers no, because it is no place for Hunters for climbers, but these are not scary because they already think they should not be "caught") gazes them with great suspicion. Unfortunately nothing has been able to do when the path n ° 8 dale from Dzemeglian, the Imperial Court decided to build a branch 8C which reaches its Northern shore, where there was once just a small path for a few goats and beef that across its rocky crags. But they were the pastors of the underlying Alp of Grauson Vieux or Desot (2273m) and these fears were not creating much less anxiety for some reports, people were taciturn and secretive. He knew them well. In person. They paid their tribute beyond the waters of the Lussert and here for those of th'Ervillères-Doreire and then pilfered free even a little of his own. They had every reason to keep quiet so as not to see the tuition increase. Alas Progress! To limit the damage of the disorder the lake had almost dismantle the little path that leads to Mount Creya, covered it with a thick turf that it obscures the already well now miserable traces, so that no map it back. And if he shows he does it with tiny dots as "Traces of path" that do not make it on the watershed, in fact it does stop a few hundred meters below the 2968 meters altitude on the Northwest Ridge, on the same descending towards the Alp Pila (2021m) has built a series of large mounds of stone throw off their and send them to the other side. And then he did not even numbered to discourage these "nuisance" that disturb his peace quiet: "If they want to go up to Creya, go up from there, on the side of Colonna Mine or this side of the Lode Larsinaz (1899m) and crossbar with path n° 8D to the "Costa del Pino" (2026m; Loadstone Mine) then they go, with the n° 9 that rises from the Village of Montroz, in Colonna (2390m) and from there continue to the Mines Liconi (2495m) via the route n° 5 in the homonymous walloon. "But here people spend less and better". It was even Cicero and the Tourist Guide in order to get rid of these intruders! But, despite all these precautions did not decrease the Traffic. Indeed increased. "But this is not a picnic!". And then all those "little" radios disturbed him and those "hooded" with the Walk-Man made him fear, for it seemed the Initiates of the Klu-Klux-Klan. "Woe is me that I am a tranquil mountain lake, I do not do any harm to anyone and would stay a little quiet, which is already the Queen, who makes a nuisance ...".



Remained perched at the foot of Mount Creya looking with contempt those rare hikers going up to the Lac de Tz'tze, by Gino Bolfo


But it is not with the lamentations and tears that problems are resolved . The idea was to lean Diverted Services. After consultation, a fee of course, was the response: advised him to "Divert" the flow of tourists with a strategy of alternative route. But the cablegram did not say more, as well as fixing the pay tables of the service. He was puzzled. What to do? Send him down some landslide or avalanche from Creya, such as to obstruct their passage. Already done: the landslides to the Ecloseur's and Pila's Pastures had already thrown in the flood of 2000. She had been removed and re-placed lawn and path. And then you can not close to traffic the entire Walloon of Grauson. Madness Cyclopean also for the power of a lake. Avalanches? Are only of Winter, during which, except for some lunatic who tries to climb or ski or snowshoe, he does not show its None. But then one or two at most, and every 70 years. "No, this is not the Problem, and even these solutions". So muttering to himself the Lake Suddenly the Idea arose as a source. That's right: to pour a source of clear and fresh waters. In such a way, the news spread, mass, instead of diverting the route 8C at Creuzet Alp (2244m), the next junction (2296m; +) to continue with the n° 8/TVC towards the Alps Grauson Vieux and then they go out of the way or to the Walloon of the Lussert with its lakes with the n° 8, or the Corona's Hill and the, through n° 8B/102, homonymous hill, or visit, and again in 2298 meters from the junction You need to the east towards the Alps Pralognan (2416m) and Erveillères (2515m) with the n° 8/TVC always in the direction of Madame The Tersiva. "As long as they leave out of the way", cried the lake became convinced that he is a Genius. There arose a spring gushing from the ground near the trail and near the small bridge over the gathered Torrents of Corona and Grauson, which crosses the Grauson Desot or Low. It was made. Brilliant! The planted next to a fence post with even a rudimentary wooden sign: "Source Pré Vaudan". Clearer than that! But he had not come to terms with an Italian proverb that says, "Without the Law and found the Deception." The poor lake did not know what to do, because people quenched its thirst, but then said: "Come on let's go over to the Lake of Money, which is nearby. Today I did not really want to make a grueling Lussert or to the Corona ... ". He drew a short variant towards Southeast, not even marked on maps, easily taking the route n° 8C. The damage was done! The lake was on the verge of exhaustion. Pity for them detain, he was met by the Nymphs of the Waters. They made the sun shine its waters causing reflections Hallucinogens.
The "Peppino" from which he passed with his rope in the backpack, he began to see double, then real Hallucinations: Emilius to the left of Red Point that splits and, not to upset anyone one goes to the extreme Right and another on the far Left; Garin goes to all the content and the Centre. The Leppe's Top moves to the far left, but super Partes, or above all. But, as well expresses the iconic photo that we propose, the waters open into two: the "Peppino" before looking shocked then passes in between like Moses crossing the Nile with the Jews fleeing Egypt and Pharaoh, and he passes a grassy corridor filled with flowers. The only thing missing that walks on water. But this is absolutely impossible to Humans. The "Peppin", which is a Surveyor and then used to seeing straight lines and right angles and clear or precise, it withered away, "But what is all this Shambles!". He went to make the crossing of the entire Chain of Penne Blanche , but decided to get off the Pas des Hevergnes, the Lakes Doreire, Erveillères, Pralognan the Grauson Vieux, to Dzemeillan and down to the Walloon of the Grauson. Vowing not to return to that place extravagant, "goggle-eyed" and "bewildered." It was July 21, 1985. And so he did, forever ...

MONEY, double VIEW, by Osw




LAGO DI MONEY e la SOURCE PRE VAUDAN


Sto Signorotto è un dei pochi Nobil ad aver mantenuto le proprie ricchezze
Anche dopo la Rivoluzione Francese e quella “Des Socques” in Val d’Aosta. Alimentato da ben tre cime, poste alle sue spalle nella parte Occidentale della piccola Catena del Mont Penne Blanche, non ha mai voluto incrementar il suo Reame allargando i suoi domini; ma non ha mai ceduto d'un solo centimetro gli stessi effettuando, al massimo, qualche piccola concession acquatica. Pigramente disteso in un’amena e verde conca (2550 m), da lui fatta appositamente ripulir facendo accatastar “clapeys”, passa le giornate a prender sole, per lui ben prezioso. Dietro di lui, cioè a Sud, vigilano le sue due potenti Guardie del Corpo: la Pointe Coupée (3211) ed il Trono del suo Regno cioè la Testa di Money (3130 m), divise da una selletta 3105 m che ha lo scopo di, a guisa di finestra a cielo aperto, di poter farlo affacciar a Mezzodì onde controllar il Casino che fan gl'Uomini, giù nelle Miniere. Purtroppo il Rovescio della Medaglia consiste nel fatto che le stesse due gli fan n’ombra pesante e perenne. E se d’Estate tanto quanto la cosa è sopportabile, anzi refrigerante, in Inverno la Musica cambia completamente provocandogli continuamente malattie alle vie respiratorie. In più anche la Tersiva da Oriente gl'invia gelide folate d’aria raffreddata dal Ghiacciaio del Tessonet che corron lungo tutto il Vallone Doreire. D'altronde Lei è la Regina e quindi può far tutto ciò che vuol! A lui, Vassalletto del più potente Vassallo Penne Blanche, non riman che supinamente accettar restando eternamente inchinato ai suoi piedi. A debita lontananza, poiché la Sovrana ammette na certa Confidenza, ma con dovute distanze. Di nascosto un pò s'è allargato all'Est facendo tagliar un poco di punta alla Pointe, appunto, Coupée, e maggiormente ad Ovest facendo spianar la cresta verso il Monte Creya (3015 m), onde poter allargar lo spazio-luce; ma tutto di Notte ed abusivamente, che qui non esistono Condoni e le Regali Sanzion son assai salate. Per questo motivo il Lago di Money se ne resta appartato e silenzioso senza dar, a sua volta, confidenza a nessun. Con tutti sti “Ruffian” e “Servette” che ci son'in gir! Quando arriva qualche Turista od Escursionista (Alpinisti no, perché è più posto per Cacciador che per Scalator; ma questi non fan paura, perché già loro debbon pensar a non farsi “beccare”) li guata con somma diffidenza. Purtroppo null'ha potuto far quando dal sentiero n° 8 che monta da Dzemeglian, la Corte Imperiale ha deciso di far costruir na diramazione n° 8C che va alla sua sponda Settentrionale, ove na volta esisteva sol un sentierucol per capre e qualche manzo attraversante le sue balze rocciose.
Ma eran i Pastori del sottostante Alpeggio del Grauson Vieux o Desot (2273 m) e questi non creavan timor ne tanto meno ansie per qualche Report; eran persone taciturne e schive. Le conosceva ben. Di persona. Pagavan il lor tributo di là per le acque del Lussert e di qua per quelle dell’Ervillères-Doreire e poi rubacchiavan gratis anch'un pò delle sue. Avevan tutto l’interesse a tacer onde non veder aumentar la retta. Ahimé il Progresso! Per limitar danni del disturbo il lago fece quasi smantellar il sentierino al Monte Creya; lo ricoprì d'uno spesso manto erboso tal da occultar le già ben ormai misere tracce, tant'é che nessuna Mappa lo riporta. E se lo fa "s'arrangia" con puntini, come “Tracce di sentiero” che non arrivan neppur allo spartiacque, difatti lo fa fermar un centinaio di metri sotto della quota 2968 metri sulla Cresta Nordovest; sulla medesima che scende verso l’Alpeggio Pila (2021 m) ha fatto costruir na serie di tumuloni in pietra per depistar gente ed inviarla da’altra parte. E poi non l'ha fatto neppur numerare per scoraggiar sti “rompiscatole”, che turban la sua tranquilla pace: “Se voglion andar sù al Creya, salgan di là, dalla Miniera di Colonna o di qua dal Filone Larsinaz (1899 m) e traversin con il sentiero n° 8D a quel di “Costa del Pino” (2026 m; Miniera di Magnetite) poi vadan, col n° 9 che sal dal Villaggio di Montroz , a Colonna (2390 m) e dindi proseguan per le Miniere del Liconi (2495 m) col sentier n° 5 nell’omonimo vallon.



From CORONA's LAKE to PENNE BLANCHE Mountain Chain with other Lakes (occulted) on North Slope, by Antonio


"Ma di qua men gente passa e megli'è!”. Faceva perfin il Cicerone e la Guida Turistica pur di sbarazzarsi di st'intrusi! Ma, nonostante tutti questi accorgimenti il Traffico non calava. Anzi aumentava. “Ma questa non è un’Area Picnic!". E poi tutte quelle radioline lo disturbavan e quegli “Incappucciati” con il Walk-Man gli facean Timor, sembrandogli degli Iniziati del Klu-Klux-Klan. “Poèro me che son tranquillo laghetto alpino, non faccio del mal a nessuno e vorrei star un pò sul tranquillo, che già la Regina rompe …”. Ma non è con i lamenti ed i pianti che si risolvon problemi. Gli ven persin Idea d'appoggiarsi ai Servizi Deviati. Dopo consulta, logicamente a pagamento, ebbe il responso: gli consigliavan di “deviare” il flusso turistico con na strategia di percorso alternativo. Ma il Cablogramma non diceva oltre, più che a fissar tabelle di pagamento del servizio. Rimase perplesso. Che far? Mandargli giù qualche franetta o valanga dal Creya, tal da ostruir loro il passaggio. Già fatto: le frane verso l’Ecloseur e l’Alpe Pila l'aveva di già gettate nell’Alluvione del 2000. Le avevan rimosse e nuovamente sistemato prato e sentiero. E poi non si può chiuder al Traffico l’intero Vallon del Grauson. Follia Ciclopica anche per la Potenza d'un Lago. Le valanghe? Vengon sol d'Inverno, durante il quale, tranne qualche mattacchione che cerca di salir con sci o racchette da neve, non si fa vivo proprio Nessuno. Ma poi son un due al massimo, ed ogni 70 Anni. “No, non è questo il Problem, e neppur queste le soluzion”. Così bofonchiava tra se e se. D’improvviso gli sorse n’Idea, come na Sorgente. Proprio così: far sgorgar na Sorgente di Acque Limpide e Fresche. In modo tal, diffusa la notizia, la massa, invece di deviar sul sentiero n° 8C presso l’Alpe Creuzet (2244 m), dal bivio successivo (2296; +) continui con il n° 8/TVC in direzion dell'Alpi del Grauson Vieux e poi sen vada fuor dai piedi o su pel Vallon del Lussert coi suoi laghi con il n° 8°, od al Col Corona e omonimo colle il n° 8B/102; oppur, ed ancor, dal bivio 2298 metri vai ad Est verso l'Alpi del Pralognan (2416 m) d'Erveillères (2515 m) sempre col n° 8/TVC, in direzion di Madame La Tersiva. “Purché sen vadan fuor dai pé!”, sclamò il lago convinto d'esser diventato Genio. Sorse na sorgente, sgorgante dal sottosuolo due passi dal sentier nei pressi del ponticel, soprai Torrents riuniti di Corona e Grauson, ch'attraversa al Grauson Desot. Era fatta. Genial! Gli piantò a fianco anch'un paletto con un rudimental cartello in legno: “Sorgente Pré Vaudan”. Più chiar di così! Ma non avea fatto i conti con un proverbio italiano che recita: “Fatta la Legge e trovato l’Inganno”. Il povero lago non sapeva più che far, perché la gente si dissetava, ma poi diceva: “Dai andiam su al Lago di Money, ch'è qui vicino. Oggi non ho proprio voglia di far na faticata ai Lussert od al Corona …”. Si tracciaron na variantina verso Sudest, neppur segnata sulle mappe, riprendendo facilmente il sentier n° 8C. La frittata era servita! Il lago era sull’orlo dell’Esaurimento. Impietosite, gli venner incontro le Ninfe delle Acque. Fecer brillar l'acque al sol provocando dei riflessi allucinogeni.
Il “Peppino” che da lì passava, con la sua corda nello zaino, cominciò a veder doppio, poi vere e proprie Allucinazioni: l’Emilius a sinistra della Punta Rossa che si sdoppia e, per non scontentar gnun una va all’estrema Destra e n’altra all’estrema Sinistra; la Garin va sotto tutte ed accontenta il Centro. La Punta di Leppe si scansa tutt'a sinistra, ma super Partes, ovver sopra di tutti. Ma, come ben esprime la foto emblematica che proponiam, l'acque s'aprono in due: il “Peppino”, prima osserva allibito poi ci passa in mezzo come Mosé traverso il Nilo con gli Ebrei in fuga da Egitto e dal Faraone; lui transita per un corridoio erboso riempito di fiori. Manca sol che cammini sull'acque. Ma ciò è assolutamente impossibile agli Umani. Il “Peppin”, ch'è un Geometra e quindi abituato a veder linee dritte e chiare od angoli retti e precisi, si seccò: “Ma cos'è tutto sto Casin!”. Se n'andò a far la traversata di tutta la Catena dei Penne Blanche, ma decise di calar dal Pas des Hevergnes, i Laghi Doreire, Erveillères, Pralognan il Grauson Vieux e giù al Dzemeillan pel Vallon del Grauson. Ripromettendosi di non tornar mai più in quel posto stravagante, sconvolto e “stralunato”. Era il 21 di Luglio 1985. Sì fece, e per sempre …



Alpine Lakes in the Aosta Valley
il lago del Money (2558 m.)
Monèy lake (2558 m.)
Money Lake...
Monèy lake (2558 m.) view...


Money Lake, below Money Point, by emilius & Antonio

OTHERS Lochs in Grauson/Dorère Vallon



From TERSIVA Point to PENNE BLANCHE Mountain Chain with other Lakes on North Slope, by Antonio


Do not go to ask anyone whose Children they are these three lakes. We will respond to None. In fact, do not have kinship with the underlying Lake of Money, quietly nestled in the large chair below the natural coastal combining Head Money with Mount Creya. Incidentally it is also logical: it is never heard of a lake below has given birth to one of the above? Pure folly, because, for now, the water does not go uphill again. This indeed cares highly of the neighbors who live in the uneven Floors Above. Are Eorum Res! But then who are the children of these Poor Devils of Three Lakes. We conducted a serious investigation: are not Sons of the Wolf. I'm too rebellious and then, for sure, have never known neither Romulus nor "Remulus". Are not Sons of the Fatherland, for they know not even remotely what a War. Are not Sons of Mary, because Mary had an Only Begotten, and also this is Universally known. Are not Sons of Hunger, since only drink and do not eat and what little water they have for their just and advances. Are not Sons of Good Women, not knowing what he wants to say, not knowing what it means is Swear Word. I'm not even Sons of Destiny, otherwise they would Stepchildren of a Cruel Fate, would them to be born in a place forgotten by God and Men. One of them, the top one stuck at the foot of the two Penne Blanche, a pond could be abandoned and adopted, at great sacrifice, from the pitiful remains of a small glacier poor, who do not know anyone. Even the Hunters, all three of them for sure are not Sons, can be called as their fathers or stepfathers. Those pull straight or sideways and even obliquely, but think only of gunshots to pull poor Chamois and Steibocks, which abound here being a step away from the Great Paradise National Park, just beyond, behind the Urtier Torrent. But then whose Children are They, and yet that they were generated. Going for exclusion and by the Scientific Method we found out: they are the Children of the Stars. They say that three of them, tired of being hung from the sky, you are tired and decided to go and rest for a little time to Earth. Yes, like the Astronauts, did the Apollo. Not even time to leave in the Stars, which they're already here. So these three lakes are also the Aliens, because they come from other Universes. Questioned by some pilgrim-traveler who was lost in this part of the Lunar Mountains, seem to have said that all things are good. No one breaks their boxes, and if it were not for those Pain in the Ass of the Hunters with their mortars, they would be in an ideal location. But as a God.
Be careful, and it could also be just a Legend.



From GRAUSON/LUSSERT WALLOON to PENNE BLANCHE Subgroup with other Lakes on Northern Faces, by livioz


Non andate a chieder a gniun di chi son Fiòi sti tre laghetti. Vi risponderan di Nessuno. Infatti non han parentela c'ol sottostante Lago di Money, tranquillamente adagiato in quella larga poltrona naturale al di sotto della costiera ch'unisce la Testa di Money col Monte Creya. Daltronde é anche logico: s'é mai sentito dir che un lago di sotto abbia messo al mondo un di sopra? Pura follia, poiché, per ora, l'acqua non va ancor in salita. Questo, anzi, se ne frega altamente dei vicini di casa, ch'abitan negli sconnessi Pian di Sopra. Sono Eorum Res! Ma allor di chi son figli 'sti Tre Poveri Diavoli di Laghi. Abbiam condotto un'indagine seria: non son Figli della Lupa. Son troppo ribelli e poi, per certo, non han mai conosciuto né Romolo né Remolo. Non son Figli della Patria, che non san neppur lontanamente cosa sia 'na Guerra. Non son Figli di Maria, chè Maria ha avuto un solo Unigenito, ed anche questo é Universalmente risaputo. Non son Figli della Fame, dacché bevon solo e non mangiano e quel pò d'Acqua ch'hanno per lor basta ed avanza. Non son Figli di Buona Donna, non sapendo cosa vuol dire sta Parolaccia. Non son nemmen Figli del Destino, altrimenti sarebbero Figliastri d'un Crudel Destin, che li avrebbe fatti nascer in un posto dimenticato da Dio e da Uomini. Un di lor, quel più in alto incastrato ai piedi dei due Penne Blanche, potrebbe esser anche un laghetto abbandonato ed adottato, con grandi sacrifici, dai poveri resti d'un misero ghiacciaietto, che gnun conosce. Neppur i Cacciador, dei qual tutt'e tre per certo non son Figli, posson esser chiamati lor Padri o Patrigni. Quelli van dritto o di traverso ed'anche d'obliquo, ma pensan sol a tirar schioppettate a poveri Camosci e Stambecchi, che qui abbondan essendo ad un passo dal Parco Nazionale del Gran Paradiso, appen più in là, oltre l'Urtier. Ma allor di chi son Figli Costoro, che eppure son stati generati. Andando per esclusione e tramite il Metodo Scientifico l'abbiam scoperto: sono i Figli delle Stelle. Raccontan tre di queste, stanche di star appese al ciel, si sian stufate decidendo d'andarsi a riposar per poco a Terra. Si, come gli Austronauti, han fatto l'Apollo. Neppur il tempo di partir tra le Stelle, ch'eccoli già qui. Quindi questi tre laghetti son pur degl'Alieni, perché provengon d'Altri Universi. Interrogati da qualche pellegrino-viandante che s'era sperso in questa parte Lunare di Montagne, par ch'abbiano detto che tutto sommato si trovan benino. Nessun rompe lor le scatole e, se non fosse per quei Rompiballe dei Cacciador con le loro spingarde, si troverebbero in una posizione ideale. Da Dio.
Però, state attenti, potrebbe esser anche e sol 'na Leggenda ...

*********


Short Loch (2713 m): is located further up the Lake of Money, just to the East-northeast of the latter and above a semi-circular rock band, stretching from Lake of Money to the Puy de Vardettaz (2754 m) formed by a high rocky area that supports the moraine slope above the base of the ridge dividing the Point Coupì (3211m) and Head of Money (3130m); to North instead is contained by a Quote 2745m, which would also support the Lake Head. One of his little emissary down to Northwest, almost underground, and when he had "jumped" the rock band, goes to join an effluent immediately east of Lake Money at the Altitude 2542m.

Lago Corto o Lac Court (2713 m): è collocato sopra una fascia rocciosa semicircolare, allungantesi da sopra il Lago di Money al Puy de Vardettaz (2754 m), formato da un'alta fascia rocciosa che sostiene il morenico pendio soprastante alla base della cresta spartiacque tra la Punta Coupì (3211 m) e la Testa di Money (3130 m); a Nord invece é contenuto da una Quota 2745 m, atta a sostenere anche il Lago di Testa. Un suo piccolo emissario scende verso Nordovest, pressocché sotterraneo, e, dopo aver "saltato" la fascia rocciosa, va a congiungersi con un effluente appena ad Est del Lago di Money, presso la Quota 2542 m.

Lac de Tztze or Head Loch (2753m): just in East-southeast of the former, originates a torrent of the same name, which falls first to the North at the Puy de Vardettaz and then, through a hemi circular route, Northwest in respect to the Torrent de Grauson, catching up to 2340/5 meters aroundm betwween Pralognan's and Old Grauson's Pastures.




The lonely & he rebels against every kind of Authority Lac de Tztze, by Gino Bolfo


Lago di Testa o Lac de Tztze (2753 m): appena ed Est-sudest del precedente, origina un torrent omonimo, che scende dapprima a Nord in direzione del Puy Vardettaz e poi, con percorso semicircolare, a Nordovest verso il Torrent de Grauson, raggiungendolo a 2340/5 metri circa, a mezza strada tra le Alpi di Pralognan e Grauson Vieux.

The Pond of two Penne Blanche (about 3125m): this really tiny lake exists, but it is not known, perhaps, by anyone and it is not reported in any Paper Geographic. It is a glacial lake, such as exists at the Summit of the Roccia Viva in Valnontey, created by a small remnant of almost disappeared Glacier Northern Penne Blanche, located at the base of the neck 3213m between the two peaks, more towards the Western or Quote 3205m, where peeps stuck between large blocks or "clapeys." Nearby there spouting small fountains of water, so fresh as appropriate for those rooms.

Il Laghetto dei due Penne Blanche (3125 m circa): questo veramente minuscolo lago esiste, ma non é conosciuto, forse, da nessuno e non é riportato in nessuna Carta Geografica. Si tratta di un laghetto glaciale, come quello esistente sulla Vetta della Roccia Viva in Valnontey, creato da un piccolo residuo del quasi del tutto scomparso Ghiacciaio Settentrionale di Penne Blanche; situato alla base del colletto 3213 m tra le due Vette, maggiormente verso quella Occidentale o Quota 3205 m, dove occhieggia incastrato tra grandi blocchi o "clapeys". Nei suoi pressi zampillano fontanelle d'acqua, tanto fresca quanto opportuna per chi sale.



From SOUTHEAST to PENNE BLANCHE Mountain Chain on opposite URTIER Walloon, by Antonio