Curtain V° (Particular Deep & Strong Personalities)

Curtain V° (Particular Deep & Strong Personalities)

Page Type Page Type: Fact Sheet
Additional Information County: Aosta

Giovanni Matteo "AGOSTINO" Zulian, Emilius's THE KING of N-NE Edge

^ Les Laures KINGDOM by "Agostino"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *




What can be said of John Matthew Zulian, but better known as "Augustine"
, a native of Luin Village in the Commune of Grand Brissogne at the foot of the beautiful Valley of the Laures between the Chain of Roèses and that which comes down from the Summit or main Monte Emilius (3559m)? Born in the first three (1927?) decades of the twentieth century and died in the summer of 2012 (July 25th, two days after his beloved "Fete des Amis" or Holiday of the Friends), "Agostino", in my opinion, is to all intents and purposes The King of these mountains, in the footsteps of his father Alcide Shepherd of goats and sheep in the Laures wonderful walloon, has traveled the length and breadth alone or with his friends Hunters, especially in the specific valley but not disdaining, from time to time, to prance in neighboring of the Arpisson and Arbolle. Personally, I met him for the first time at the top all'Emilius on the evening of June 29th, 1976, date of recurrence famous for the Fires in the Aosta's Valley in the tradition of Saints Peter and Paul, with regard to this mountain where he was the King undisturbed with the gang of Grand Brissogne. I, along with the Surveyor Marco and Giuseppe Lamazzi Cossard (who died Jan. 16 of this year) we came from the long full crossing, the second after that of Dr. "Ansel" Falcoz of 1936, which had brought us from Pila to Col Garin, the Mount Vallaisan at Garin Peak, again at the Vallaisan Summit and the eponymous hill, and then up and go through all three tops of Emilius's Red Points, descent of the Arbolle's , ascent to Point of Three Capuchins or Quote 3283 meters and the eponymous hill to conclude the Maximum Peak via the South-southeast ridge or Normal Route. A great outing by camels, as would the Guide and my friend Pietro Giglio! At the top we had met those of Brissogne, ready to light the fires at the going down of the darkness of night. When this came began operations with car tires and cans of gasoline. "Agostino" Zulian was the main protagonist. Reaching out to a small terrace with a hand sprayed liquid from the bin and the other lit "on the fly" and a big blaze lit up the Walloon dell'Arpisson from 3000 metres above the City of Aosta. All this, however, with over 600 meters of vacuum North Face under his feet, worthy of the best of a circus tightrope walker, and with our concern to see it go down at any moment, if only for the wet rock and boots wet from fuel. Small in stature and with that nose to beak of an eagle covered with thick and dark eyelashes, "Augustine", Master of Fires of th'Emilius, did a turn and ended up operations, as he had come gathered his band and went disappearing into the dark night. They went also "Peppino" and "Crevassino" and we were only Guido Allegri Charvensod (he too disappeared in autumn 2012) and I to camp out at the Peak. Bivouac nature or nothing at 3559 meters. Two hours '30 woke us up to a mighty roar of thunder. We already had the storm over his head and ran away along the Ridge of "Three Capuchins" brightly lit by lightning, because it did not possess even the batteries. That's why the old Fox "Agostino" had lost some time and was promptly melted in the Dark!
I saw him again two years following, when it was kind and generous giver of information in the writing of my book "Guide of Mount Emilius", published in December, 1978, at his home in the hamlet of Luin where he lived with his 6 sons and daughters.
We then lost sight of up to 3/4 August 1985, when with Joseph Lamazzi We made the crossing from Becca of Salé to the Great Roise also making the first ascent of the North of Points Gianni Junod or Roise Central (3300 meters). On the way back we went down together downstream from the Refuge Ernesto Ménabreaz at the Eastern shore of Lac Dessous, up to Grand Brissogne, a descent made but chatting with "Augustine" that ran like a train and we who were struggling to stand behind him. But few are aware of the fact that "Augustine" practically lived here: going to 14h'00 Steel Plant from Cogne ran on to Laures devouring the 2000 meters of altitude, then go down the next work shift, even for the night from 22h'00 to 6h'00 the morning. In practice, the Walloon of the Laures was his home, where he went up to almost daily when the weather allowed.

k ... & Curtain IV° To Laures  s Valoon & East Wall 1969
Folk ... & Curtain IV° Laures s Waterfalls 1969
Folk ... & Curtain IV° Laures s Torrent & Salì s Becca 1969


Even fewer people are aware of his solo ascent on the Northwest Wall of the Becca of Salé, information of which I have also learned in one of my last visits, data collection for "33 ROUTES OF MOUNT EMILIUS" in SP, in his new home at the Grange Village in the small Town of Saint Marcel, where he lived with his new girlfriend, because his wife had died long ago. And it is precisely in this work is divided into three parts, which you can find rich annotations and mountaineering in chronological order with regard to its activities in this group, above her two homes. His first ascent on Emilius date of 1933, at the age of 6 years, with his father Alcide starting from "Dzacquin" Lake also called Dessus and along the "Via of the Three Capuchins" or Normal; among the various, however, we like to remember the first lone ascent of the East Face of Emilius in 1961 with variants aimed at Via Gervasutti-Chabod of 1935, as well as third ascent, after a repetition of the same Franco Garda and Pietro "Piero" Rosset in 1946. In those years only an attempt on the Black Triangle of Emilius, then won in 1961 always "Piero" Rosset, now a Mountain Guide, along with the other Valpelline Guide Angelo Bozzetti. In addition to highlight his countless ascents of the North-northeast Corner or "Crest of the Three Curates" on his part this was perhaps the most beautiful of its action activities mountaineer of the alpages, hunter and mountaineer: in August of 1971 he departed from only in the evening under heavy snowfall, having heard through the mists of the calls of distress from the Shelter Ménabreaz, to bring help to mountaineers Bruno Pagliarin of Aosta and Pine Serge in Paris, blocked midway of the Triangle Peak and The Summit. Bringing them hot drinks and blankets and giving them the courage to stand up for the rescue helicopter that would take place the next day, then went down the dark, always alone. The following day the guides "demanded" his presence by helicopter to do so, demonstrating the high esteem in recognizing it as perfect knowledge of this route. Moreover, his life has been spent with years of occult work to rebuild and restore the old shelter dedicated to Partisan Ernesto Ménabreaz, in which current and wonderful Refuge of Hunters Brissogne (even with adjacent building equipped with shower, private but always with a local free and open to the public and in which nothing is missing) Zulian has always received with warmth and hospitality sum climbers and hikers in transit. The books and records of the same, over the years, are jealously guarded in his house in Grange Hamlet.
Selfless and generous in the mountains as in Life, "Augustine" is gone after anesthesia from which it is more awakened. In silence, as in his shy and modest Old Shepherd of th'Alp. Accompanied by a flood of crowd that he loved him, his ashes scattered in its resting eternally Vallon of the Laures, that without "Ago" will never again be the same.



Cosa si può dir di Giovanni Matteo Zulian, ma da tutti conosciuto come "Agostino"
, nativo di Luin Frazione in Comune di Grand Brissogne alle falde del Vallone delle Laures tra la Catena delle Roèses e quella discendente dalla Vetta principale o Monte Emilius (3559 m). Nato nel primo trentennio del Novecento (1927?) e scomparso nell'estate del 2012 (25 Luglio, due giorni dopo la sua amata "Fete des Amis"), "Agostino", a mio avviso, é a tutti gli effetti Il Re di queste montagne che, sull'orme del padre Alcide Pastore di capre e pecore nel meraviglioso Vallone delle Laures, ha percorso in lungo ed in largo da solo oppure con i suoi amici Cacciatori, soprattutto nello specifico vallone ma non disdegnando, di tanto in tanto, di caracollare nei viciniori dell'Arpisson e dell'Arbolle. Personalmente l'ho incontrato per la prima volta in cima all'Emilius nella sera del 29 Giugno 1976, data di famosa ricorrenza per i Fuochi in Valle d'Aosta nella tradizione dei Santi Pietro e Paolo, dove per quanto concerne questa montagna lui era il Re indisturbato con la combriccola di Grand Brissogne. Io, insieme a Giuseppe Lamazzi ed al Geometra Marco Cossard (deceduto il 16 Gennaio di questo anno) provenivamo dalla lunga traversata integrale, la seconda dopo quella del Dottor "Ansel" Falcoz del 1936, che da Pila ci aveva portati al Col Garin, al Mont Vallaisan, al Picco Garin, nuovamente alla Punta di Vallaisan ed all'omonimo colle, per poi risalire ed attraversare tutte e tre le vette della Punta Rossa dell'Emilius, discesa al Colle di Arbolle, risalita alla Punta dei Tre Cappuccini o Quota 3283 metri ed all'omonimo colle per concludere alla Vetta Massima tramite la Cresta Sud-sudest o Via Normale. Una splendida "cammellata", come direbbe la Guida e mio amico Pietro Giglio! In vetta avevamo incontrato quelli di Brissogne, pronti ad accendere i fuochi al calar del buio della sera. Quando questa arrivò iniziarono le operazioni con copertoni di auto e bidoni di benzina. "Agostino" Zulian era il principale protagonista. Sporgendosi da un terrazzino con una mano spruzzava il liquido dal bidone e con l'altra accendeva "al volo" ed una grande fiammata illuminava il Vallone dell'Arpisson da 3000 metri sopra la Città di Aosta. Il tutto però con oltre 600 metri di vuoto della Parete Nord sott'ai piedi, degno del miglior funambolo d'un circo equestre, e con la preoccupazione nostra di vederlo andar giù da un momento all'altro, se non altro per la roccia bagnata e gli scarponi inumiditi dal combustibile. Piccolo di statura e con quel naso a rostro di aquila coperto da spesse e scure ciglia, "Agostino", padrone del Fuoco e dell'Emilius, non faceva una piega e, finite le operazioni, come era venuto raggruppò la sua banda e se n'andò scomparendo nella scura Notte. Se n'andarono anche "Peppino" e "Crevassino" e rimanemmo solo Guido Allegri di Charvensod (scomparso pure lui nell'autunno 2012) ed io a bivaccare in Vetta. Bivacco nature ovvero senza nulla a 3559 metri. Alle 2h'30 ci svegliò un possente rombo di tuono. Avevamo già il temporale sopra la testa e scappammo lungo la Cresta dei "Tre Cappuccini" illuminata a giorno dai fulmini, chè non possedevamo neppur le pile. Ecco perché quella vecchia Volpe dell'"Agostino" non aveva perso tempo e s'era tempestivamente squagliato nel buio!
Lo rividi due anni appresso, allorché fu gentile e generoso elargitore di informazione nella stesura del mio libro "Guida del Monte Emilius", edita a Dicembre del 1978, a casa sua nella Frazione di Luin dove abitava con i suoi 6 figli e figlie.
Poi ci perdemmo di vista fino al 3/4 Agosto 1985, allorché con Giuseppe Lamazzi compimmo la traversata dalla Becca di Salé alla Grande Roise effettuando inoltre la prima salita della Punta Settentrionale delle Punte Gianni Junod o Roise Centrale (3300 m). Al ritorno discendemmo insieme a valle dal Rifugio Ernesto Ménabreaz, presso la sponda Orientale del Lac Dessous, fino a Grand Brissogne; una discesa fatta chiacchierando ma con "Agostino" che correva come un treno e noi che facevamo fatica a stargli dietro. Ma pochi sono a conoscenza del fatto che "Agostino" in pratica qui viveva: uscendo alle 14h'00 dallo Stabilimento Acciaierie Cogne correva su alle Laures divorando i 2000 metri di dislivello per poi scendere per il turno di lavoro successivo, anche per il notturno dalle 22h'00 alle 6h'00 del mattino. In pratica il Vallone delle Laures era sua domus, ove quasi giornalmente si recava fin quando la stagione lo permettesse.



Ancor men persone sono a conoscenza di una sua salita in solitaria sulla Parete Nordovest della Becca di Salé, informazione della quale sono pur io venuto a conoscenza in una delle mie ultime visite, nella raccolta dati per "33 ROUTES OF MOUNT EMILIUS" in SP, nella sua nuova casa alla Frazione Grange nel Comune di Saint Marcel, dove viveva con la sua nuova compagna, poiché la moglie era morta ormai da tempo. Ed é proprio in questo lavoro, suddiviso in tre parti, che potrete trovare ricche annotazioni alpinistiche ed in ordine cronologico al riguardo della sua attività in questo gruppo, soprastante le sue due abitazioni. La sua prima salita all'Emilius data del 1933, all'età di 6 anni, col padre Alcide partendo dal Lago "Dzacquin" o Dessus e per la "Via dei Tre Cappuccini" o Normale; tra le varie, comunque, ci piace ricordare la prima salita solitaria sulla Parete Est dell'Emilius nel 1961 con varianti dirette alla Via Gervasutti-Chabod del 1935, nonché terza ascensione assoluta della medesima, dopo la ripetizione di Franco Garda e Pietro "Piero" Rosset nel 1946. Sempre in quegl'anni un tentativo da solo sul Triangolo Nero dell'Emilius, poi vinto nel 1961 sempre da "Piero" Rosset, ormai diventato Guida Alpina, insieme all'altra Guida di Valpelline Angelo Bozzetti. Inoltre da evidenziare le sue innumerevoli salite dello Spigolo Nord-nordest o "Cresta dei Tre Curati"; su questo avvenne da parte sua forse l'azione più bella della sua attività di montanaro, cacciatore ed alpinista: nell'Agosto del 1971 partì da solo in serata sotto fitta nevicata, avendo udito tra le nebbie i richiami di soccorso dal Rifugio Ménabreaz, per portare aiuto agli alpinisti Bruno Pagliarin di Aosta e Pino Serge di Parigi, bloccati a metà strada della Vetta del Triangolo e la Sommità. Li rifocillò portando loro bevande calde e coperte e rincuorandoli per il salvataggio in elicottero da effettuarsi il giorno appresso; poi scese al buio, sempre solo. Il giorno dopo le guide "pretesero" la sua presenza in elicottero per compierlo, a dimostrazione della grande stima nel riconoscerlo come perfetto conoscitore di questa via. Inoltre la sua vita é stata spesa con anni di occulto lavoro per ricostruire e restaurare il vecchio ricovero dedicato al Partigiano Ernesto Ménabreaz; in questo attuale e splendido Rifugio dei Cacciatori di Brissogne (addirittura con attigua costruzione fornita di doccia, privato ma con un locale sempre e gratuitamente aperto al pubblico e nel quale non manca proprio nulla) Zulian ha sempre ricevuto con simpatia e somma ospitalità gli alpinisti e gli escursionisti in transito. I libri e registri del medesimo, negli anni, sono gelosamente custoditi in casa sua a Grange.
Altruista e generoso in montagna come nella Vita, "Agostino" se n'é andato dopo un'anestesia dalla quale non s'é più risvegliato. In silenzio, come nel suo carattere schivo e modesto di Vecchio pastore dell'Alpe. Accompagnato da una marea di folla che gli voleva bene, le sue ceneri riposano eternamente sparse nel suo Vallone delle Laures, che senza "Ago" non potrà mai più essere lo stesso.


EXIT OUT from North-northeast Edge by, the groups a rope of Fénis & Saint Marcel, July 28th, 1984, with bad weather.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *



The UNBELIEVABLE Doctor "Ansel" FALCOZ

^ ^ The UNBELIEVABLE, AMAZING and ASTOUNDING Doctor "Ansel" ANSELMO FALCOZ

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *




The Grauson Tower into Emilius Subgroup

&

the Highest Lussert and Chaz Fleurie Valleys as seen from Peak Garin; in distance the two Subgroups of Mounts Glacier & Delà (left) and Tersiva Point: a first winter and solo ascent by The Doctor Ansel Falcoz, in February 1939.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *




From "33 ROUTES of MONTE EMILIUS", always in SP, ORIGINAL VERSION

1939: (March 12th): Thrilling - Exciting Adventure in descent, by ski, from Emilius Red Points in Lussert/Grauson Valley and Torrent to Cogne:
"…e ritorno agli sci. Scivolata fantastica, interminabile, su Cogne; senonchè un cañon del Colorado; io mi caccio in esso per mia sventura. Ghiaccio, neve acqua, non posso più uscirne; quante precauzioni! Poi una cascata insormontabile mi costringe a sinistra; sono fuori, ma quanta lontana è ancora Cogne! Segue il bosco intricato, la neve è pesantissima…"...



The old Document of a long traverse of the Doctor "Ansel" FALCOZ, recovered on Summit Tersiva Point (3513m), by Osw in September 08th, 1974 during a storm.


Try - attempt to do a translation into English, by Osvaldo Cardellina (on June 2009 the undersigned he can speak in English: "yes!"): "... "…return to ski. Fantastical sliding, endless, near Cogne; but unfortunately a canyon of Colorado; to get oneself into a mess unluckily for my. Ice, snow water, to get out?; how much cautions! Then a waterfall insurmountable to forced the route turns to the left; it's nothing to do with me, no! from afar Cogne! To follow the tangled wood, heavy tiring snow…"...; (Doctor Anselme Falcoz in Riv. Mens. C.A.I. - Magazine 1939, page 392. See above Mar. 11/12th, 1939 and to see Feb. 11/12th, 2004 "Thrilling forced descent by snowshoes…", Analogy recurring in adventure by snowshoes in Lussert Torrent/Grauson Valley a 65 years later and one month exactly!).

In DAY November 30th, 2011 NEW VERSION.

The Doctor Anselmo also Anselme Falcoz (Been born in Aosta and always in this City died + May 31 th, 1999. Rider Order to the Worth of the Italian Republic with conferment of June 2 th, 1993 according to the suggestion of the Presidency of the Board of the Ministers), for the Friends also called "Ansel"

for the friends, of Aosta, that I have had the pleasure to know to the time of the layout of mine "Guide of the Mount Emilius" in the by now distant Summer of 1978, it was an impassioned and strong mountain climber of the Thirties, in an epic that conjugated the classical mountaineering with the warning signs of that modern (all the Great Routes to the great Walls North with in greater evidence those of the Cervino or Matterhorn, of the Eiger and the two to the Point Croz and to the Walker to the Grandes Jorasses). Cultured person, bright, modest and of tall ideal (he left not today still me in endowment one letter of his from the front published) he has struck me for his winter ascensions in the Group of the Emilius. From the first winter absolute to the Point Garin, with his their brother "Piero" also, more precisely, Pierluigi, to those solitary, always in first absolute winter, to the three Summits of the Points Red of the Emilius (here above a brief autobiographic line of the conclusive part of the descent up to Cogne in a great crossing in the bad season from Aosta Town in this last place), as well as to the Tower Grauson. Sign of an audacity and a sense of the adventure non common, with huge and weary reentries, that do today still to shiver, above all thinking about the half and the skis in endowment to that times. Besides to remember one ascension of his, together with Massimo Mila, on the Wall North of the Emilius along a new route for the Great Central Couloir, in parallel to the routes of Amilcare Crétier and Companions of 1926/7. ... "The slope developed him with so great regularity and with good the snow conditions, so much that we postponed and then we didn't even feel the need to use the rope" ... ; so it told me to his time. If it were for the company of the one with the other, they would be able, at least from the technical point of view, to consider as you climb solitary to all the effects; therefore an enterprise that anticipates of different years (around 1940) the first solitary of Gianni Pais Beaker, alpine of Auronzo on call in the Alpine Military School (S.M.A.) of the "Castle" of Aosta, in the 27 of July 1967. Of him the first winter ascension, with Lorenzo Rosset, must be remembered Cian to besides the Point in Valtournenche but the story that it mostly made sensation it was that on a slope to the Dent Blanche through the Arête of the "Four Donkeys" effected with departure and return, through the Hill of the Gran St. Bernard, the everything by bicycle. You really those old and very heavy "mountainbikes of the epoch with that brakes to form of "piston"!...

Cyclopic!!!



The Three Red Points of Emilius & the Highest Lussert and Laures Valleys viewed from Leppe Point: a first winter ascent by The Doctor Ansel Falcoz, lone, in March 1939.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


^ ^ L'INCREDIBILE, STUPEFACENTE, STRABILIANTE e SBALORDITIVO DOCTOR "Ansel" ANSELMO FALCOZ


VERSIONE di Oggidì 30 Novembre 2011

Il Dottor Anselmo oppure Anselme Falcoz (Nato in Aosta e sempre in codesta Città deceduto il 31 Maggio 1999. Cavaliere Ordine al Merito della Repubblica Italiana con conferimento del 2 Giugno 1993 su proposta della Presidenza del Consiglio dei Ministri, per gli Amici "Ansel"
, di Aosta, che ho avuto il piacere di conoscere al tempo della stesura della mia "Guida del Monte Emilius" nell'ormai lontana Estate del 1978, era un appassionato e forte alpinista degli anni Trenta, in un epopea che coniugava l'alpinismo classico con i prodromi di quello moderno (tutte le Grandi Vie alle grandi Pareti Nord con in maggior evidenza quelle del Cervino, dell'Eiger e le due alla Punta Croz ed alla Walker alle Grandes Jorasses). Persona colta, brillante, modesta e di alti ideali (mi lasciò in dotazione una sua lettera dal fronte, ancor in die non pubblicata) mi ha colpito per le sue ascensioni invernali nel Gruppo dell'Emilius. Dalla prima invernale assoluta alla Punta Garin, con il fratello "Piero" e più precisamente Pierluigi, a quelle solitarie, sempre in prima assoluta invernale, alle tre cime della Punte Rossa dell'Emilius (qui sopra un breve estratto autobiografico della parte conclusiva della discesa fino a Cogne in una grande traversata nella cattiva stagione da Aosta a questa ultima località) nonché alla Tour Grauson. Segno di un'audacia e di un senso dell'avventura non comuni, con rientri "oceanici" ed estenuanti, che ancor oggi fanno rabbrividire, soprattutto pensando ai mezzi ed agli sci in dotazione a quei tempi. Inoltre da ricordarsi una sua ascensione, insieme a Massimo Mila, sulla Parete Nord dell'Emilius lungo una via nuova per il Grande Canale Centrale in parallelo alle vie di Amilcare Crétier e compagni del 1926/7. ... "La salita si svolse con così grande regolarità e con ottime condizioni della neve, tanto che non sentimmo neppure il bisogno di rimandare e poi utilizzare la corda" ...; così mi raccontò a suo tempo. Se non fosse per la compagnia dell'uno con l'altro, si potrebbero, almeno dal punto di vista tecnico, considerare come salite solitarie a tutti gli effetti; quindi un'impresa anticipatoria di diversi anni (intorno al 1940) la prima solitaria di Gianni Pais Becher, alpino di Auronzo in servizio alla Scuola Militare Alpina (S.M.A.) del "Castello" di Aosta, nel 27 di Luglio 1967. Di lui va inoltre ricordata la prima ascensione invernale, in compagnia di Lorenzo Rosset, alla Punta Cian in Valtournenche, ma il racconto che maggiormente fece scalpore, stupendomi, fu quello su di una salita alla Dent Blanche tramite la Cresta dei "Quattro Asini" effettuata con partenza e ritorno, attraverso il Passo del Gran San Bernardo, il tutto per mezzo di bicicletta. Si proprio quelle vecchie bici dell'epoca con quei freni a forma di "stantuffo"!...

Ciclopico!!!




The Garin Peak, Western Face

&

Southwest Crest over the Arpisson Tall Vallon & Arbolle Vallon into Emilius Subgroup, utilized for the slope and viewed from the Arête Watershed between Pila Basin & Cogne Valley: a first more beautiful winter ascent by The Doctor Ansel Falcoz with the brother Pierluigi, in twentyfive & twentysix December 1936.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The great Mountain Guide ANGELO BOZZETTI and the Chenaux's Rocky GYM

^ ^ ^ THE GREAT MOUNTAIN GUIDE

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *








* * * * * * *

PRAYER for ALL the FALLEN




* * * * * * *

ANGELO BOZZETTI and Little Authors

^ ^ ^ ^ & the pupils

From the early rudiments on Chenaux Rocky Gym to the first mountains & the leading Walls and Crests into Emilius Group & Surroundings


Rappeling in the cliff 1966
Punte Gianni Junod
Young & Free <i> RAMBETTO </i>
Punte Gianni Junod
Emilius s in the SUMMIT and Surr. <FONT COLOR=RED> EMO </FONT> &  <FONT COLOR=PURPLE>SUGG</FONT><FONT COLOR=RED><B>  ARTIFICIALSIXTIES</B></FONT>


* * *


Even my brother Dario in free always by marvellous climbing boots 1966
A boy 14 years old after the  Becca  North Wall 1966
Testa Nera <i>(2820m)</i> North Face Right Route 1967
N Wall with the old hemp rope of 10 meters used for cleaning the fireplace of house
Becca di Nona (3142m) After the North Face


* * *


Ilario Antonio Garzotto sul pulpito...
PUNTA della VALLETTA (3090m) SW Ridge in Integral and by total free climb
<font color =blue>ILA & OSVA 1967</font>
The last ascent together
<font color=green><b>EMILIUS s</FONT> <FONT COLOR=BLUE>NORTH Face, Direct Line Route</font></b> August 1980

Other Mountaineers of Aosta Valley

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Other Mountaineers Portraits

& Climbers

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Other Profiles of Climbing People