Deer Mountain Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 22 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

The Lower MarmotUntitled Comment

The Lower Marmot

Excellent page, intriguing mountain. I may have to pay it a visit someday.
Posted Aug 12, 2004 4:48 pm

Kane

Deer is a great mountain, it may be better than some of its more popular neighbors. Thanks again for voting.
Posted Aug 13, 2004 8:27 pm

RyanSUntitled Comment

RyanS

Another great effort! Did you climb any of Deer's neighbors while you were out there? I hear that some of those connecting ridges make for fabulous scrambles, as well.
Posted Aug 12, 2004 6:07 pm

Kane

Ryan, thanks for the vote. No, I just went for Deers summit. I did get a good look at the south ridge and it did look really fun, mostly class 2+ with some class 3. The rock in the area is not quite as solid as we like but it still makes for a worthy outing. If you want a nice, solid class 3 climb in the central Sawatch, try the high point of the Williams Range, UN 13382.
Posted Aug 13, 2004 8:23 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Still one more 4000+m peak of Colorado! How many are there?

It is a really excellent page. I love your pictures.
Posted Aug 12, 2004 6:38 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

I may return to this area soon. I love Mount Oklahoma and Deer Mountain is another treat to check out. I noticed the mountain last year when I climbed Massive with Ellen and Eileen and it's a beauty. Great job on this page and as usual the photos are excellent.

Now about that remark about not being able to climb like Ellen...I certainly had my day when I was a climbing fool. But she does climb better than me, no doubt about that. I'm just too old to give a...ah...forget it.
Posted Aug 12, 2004 6:44 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

A beautiful addition to the growing list of Sawatch peaks. Great job and your pictures are beautiful. Have a good one!
Posted Aug 12, 2004 11:18 pm

Kane

As always, thanks for the vote!!
Posted Aug 13, 2004 8:13 pm

Ryan KowalskiUntitled Comment

Ryan Kowalski

Perfect! I love Deer Mountain. I've been really busy and only had time to check in at SP a couple times a month, but this mountain caught my eye. This is a beauty. I climbed her from the SE over "K49". If I ever get some time I'll try and write up a route description.
Posted Aug 13, 2004 2:29 pm

Kane

Thanks for the vote, glad you enjoyed the page.
Posted Aug 13, 2004 8:28 pm

smudgeUntitled Comment

smudge

Fantastic page (as usual) for a fantastic mountain that I knew absolutely nothing about. What a beauty!
Posted Aug 13, 2004 6:55 pm

Kane

Where in the world have you been? I'll be up in Estes Park next Thurs/Fri with my wife, kids and father in law. Can you recommend a fun restaurant where kids are welcome? I'm going to try to get out Thurs for a hike; I have no idea what I'm doing.
Posted Aug 13, 2004 8:00 pm

smudgeUntitled Comment

smudge

Kane,

Sorry about the long delay on replying...and I'm sure you have already been up here...I guess I completely overlooked your reply.

If you havn't already been up here...let me know...especially if you will be getting into the park. My summer has been excessively busy and I wouldl ove to get away frmo the lodge for a bit!!

FYI...my favorite places to eat here in town are the Twin Owls Steakhouse, Mama Roses Italian, Poppies, Estes Deli, and Chicagos Best Pizza...just to name a few. The Tavern at Marys Lake Lodge is also a great spot.
Posted Aug 26, 2004 3:24 pm

Kane

Thanks for the vote. Read my response to Aaron's vote. It was a gorgeous day up there today, wish you could have been there. I'll send you some shots as well.
Posted Aug 13, 2004 8:13 pm

Kane

Got your e-mail, I'm working this sat and sunday. I had yesterday and today off and hit some nice 13ers around the Independance Pass area. Hey, I think you will get some nice weather while you're up here. Sat is the best looking day of the two. Good Luck, and be safe.
Posted Aug 13, 2004 8:15 pm

Kane

As always, thanks for the nice vote Mr Ellis! I'll send you some shots of my day out in the Sawatch today.
Posted Aug 13, 2004 8:17 pm

Kane

Thanks Jon for the vote. Did you get out this week? I climbed UN 13,545 and Twining Peak today. Nice day.
Posted Aug 13, 2004 8:24 pm

Kane

Appreciate you're vote, thanks!
Posted Aug 13, 2004 8:25 pm

Kane

Thanks for stopping by and voting.
Posted Aug 13, 2004 8:26 pm

Kane

Thanks Nader for the vote.
Posted Aug 13, 2004 8:28 pm