MrWasatchUntitled Comment

MrWasatch

Excellent addition to Utah mountains list, and good pictures.
Posted Nov 14, 2003 12:42 pm

rmjwintersUntitled Comment

rmjwinters

Nice Job Dean! This peak was on one of my lists this year, but I simply ran out of time this summer. I would actually like to try a winter ascent from Elk Meadows
Posted Nov 14, 2003 2:50 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Dean,

excellent job on a page as usual. These types of peaks are one of the most fun I think - those that are not popular yet require a good effort to climb (I put Red Mtn, OR you posted in that category). Great stuff - will check out the photos next.

Radek

PS not sure what the deal is with the 3-star vote?
Posted Nov 14, 2003 4:35 pm

Jerry LUntitled Comment

Jerry L

Another excellent page. It peaks my interest to maybe climb in this area when I move west. Thanks.
Posted Nov 15, 2003 5:06 am

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Very colorful peak that is the higest point in a bi-county region.
Posted Nov 16, 2003 9:44 pm

grandwazooUntitled Comment

grandwazoo

Great job Dean; I was going to add this Mtn. but didn't have any photos, thanks for adding.

Posted Nov 17, 2003 7:28 am

grandwazooUntitled Comment

grandwazoo

They nailed me the same way on Eccentric. I usually complete the pages over time not all in one sitting.
Posted Nov 19, 2003 6:53 pm

GrantUntitled Comment

Grant

excellent!!
Posted Jan 6, 2004 8:20 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Nicely done. Thanks for adding! Utah's looking good due to your efforts!
Posted Feb 26, 2004 6:24 pm

imontopUntitled Comment

imontop

Very nice! I haven't made it down there yet, but you've made me want to. Great pictures and very interesting info on the goats!
Posted Apr 18, 2004 8:40 pm

William MarlerUntitled Comment

William Marler

Great page. Nice job. Cheers William
Posted May 13, 2004 8:41 am

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

probably about "4 to .5 miles"???

to the Big John Flat campground and restroom area

You suggest the Big John Flat route, but don't say the mileage or elevation gain? You should specify the routes a little better. This is a very interesting mountain, why no shots from a distance??? At over 12,000 feet it has to be visible from somewhere!

Reports and info on this mountain that I have read, have always seemed cloudy, so I hope you can clear these issues. Thanks.
Posted Jun 25, 2004 11:26 am

DeanUntitled Comment

I've made some corrections, one of which was the mileage to Big John Flat, that was a typing error.

I don't know if you had read my trip report but I had posted a GPS location for the parking spot and the starting elevation. I've since added that to the main page. As far a a pic of this mountain from elsewhere, I've been hopeful that someone who has seen it from a better vantage point than I have would be kind enough to add such a pic. You can't see this mountain from I-15 as other peaks block it out and at no place on the approach was I able to see it. The closest I came was in this pic here and this pic shows that it isn't a dominating presence, even in the local area. When i'm back in this area to chase after a couple of county highpoints located to the east, I'll be looking for some shots of Delano from that angle. One pic that shows where Delano is is this one taken from Wheeler Peak in Nevada

This report filed at www.cohp.org lends some credibility to my directions and I was appreciative that my original report (linked above) proved useful.

You commented "Reports and info on this mountain that I have read, have always seemed cloudy, so I hope you can clear these issues."

To this request I can only refer you to the books "High in Utah" and "Backcountry Skiing Utah", both of which have their own descriptions but due to copyright infringements I am hesitant to use.

I'll keep doing my level best to keep improving this page so thanks for your interest and input

Posted Aug 18, 2004 9:14 am

CornvallisUntitled Comment

Cornvallis

Looks like an amazing area.
Posted Mar 18, 2005 12:39 am

RaymondShevskyUpdate

RaymondShevsky

Was there last weekend and you can get past Poison Creek without 4wd (maybe there has been some road maintenance?); in fact, I think that with careful driving you could get there without HC. There is also a Delano trailhead sign a little bit past the 5.4-mile pullout. From here a use trail leads to the mountain's upper reaches.
Posted Aug 16, 2014 2:23 am