Deming Mountain Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-15 of 15
Senad Rizvanovic

Senad Rizvanovic - Jul 12, 2020 8:55 am Date Climbed: Jul 11, 2020

Meadow Creek  Sucess!

Easy hike from Meadow Creek Trailhead, hot July day, but easy and beautiful hike.

SarahThompson

SarahThompson - Dec 12, 2017 10:29 am Date Climbed: Dec 10, 2017

South Ridge from N Tenmile Creek  Sucess!

Started from the North Tenmile Creek Trailhead in Frisco and climbed the South Ridge, which was rather tedious and held a few surprises. We did a 4th class traverse on the west side to bypass a nontrivial and exposed knifey section (which would probably go ok when dry or for bolder climbers).

Headed to West Deming afterwards, but not via the connecting ridge. We dropped down into the basin and hiked up its south slopes. Long day, not a lot of snow for mid December but deep in places and uncooperative enough to slow things down quite a bit.

chicagotransplant

chicagotransplant - Oct 23, 2017 12:42 pm Date Climbed: Oct 22, 2017

Seasons Changing  Sucess!

2nd time up. With Rachael 10/22/17. Meadow creek to Eccles, up the ridge and down a gully back to the trail. Decent amount of snow, a lot of it melted off the trail during the day but was still around up higher in the basin. Windy summit ridge felt more like winter!
3rd time up. With Jamie and Katie 7/25/20, Meadow Creek in a drizzly cloudy day.

BradBartick

BradBartick - Sep 4, 2015 10:01 pm Date Climbed: Jul 30, 2015

Damian Echols  Sucess!

With Michelle. Deming and Eccles = Damian Echols. One of the West Memphis Three.

MattK

MattK - Dec 23, 2010 12:18 pm Date Climbed: Oct 7, 2010

With Eccles and Buffalo  Sucess!

Climbed from Meadow Creek Trail, then over to Eccles and up Buffalo. Down Buffalo and circled back to the trailhead via Lily Pad Lake trail. No pup this trip :(

Eric Holle

Eric Holle - Oct 6, 2010 2:35 pm Date Climbed: Oct 2, 2010

Demming   Sucess!

A great hike from E Vail up the Gore Creek trail to Red Buffalo Pass, over to Eccles Pass, to the summit of W Demming, down to Eccles Pass, and all the way down to Silverthorne for a beer at the brewery!

Dropmo40

Dropmo40 - Dec 7, 2008 11:16 pm

It was between pt a and pt b  Sucess!

Summited 3 years ago started at copper mtn then ascended demmings w nw ridge then down s. willow

kavak

kavak - Jul 13, 2008 1:24 pm Date Climbed: Jul 12, 2008

Meadow Creek Trail  Sucess!

Climbed straight up the ridge from the Eccles Pass as given in route description. Yes, definitely more exciting, but if your interest is ease of ascent and time...passing the scrub evergreens on the left and staying low and angling toward the saddle is a much better option. Did Unnamed 12313 (Eccles Mountain) after returning to the pass. Met a backpacker on its summit who had just come from Buffalo Peak on his way to Willow Creek drainage.

Brian Kalet

Brian Kalet - May 14, 2007 1:19 pm Date Climbed: May 12, 2007

North Ridge (ascent); Deming Drop (descent)  Sucess!

Skied from the summit! From Red Peak B.

chicagotransplant

chicagotransplant - Oct 16, 2006 2:51 pm Date Climbed: Oct 14, 2006

Deming and "Eccles"  Sucess!

Climbed Deming and "Eccles" together via the Meadow Creek Trail and Eccles Pass. Great views of the southern Gores, especially of the traverse from Red to PT 12945, that thing looks absolutely fierce! Not too much snow, the northeast slopes of Deming had some minor postholing otherwise no problems. It started snowing on the way out though, may be a few inches of new snow.

miztflip

miztflip - Sep 11, 2005 8:23 pm

Route Climbed: Meadow Creek TH Date Climbed: 11 September, 2005  Sucess!

Great outing. Didn't see anyone else for 90 percent of the hike. Great views of the surrounding peaks. Hiked to Eccles Pass and then on to the summit. Went over "Eccles Peak" on the otherside of the pass on my way out. I really liked the views down into South Willow Creek.

jdeming - Aug 17, 2005 10:32 pm

Route Climbed: Meadow Creek Date Climbed: August 14, 2005  Sucess!

Climbed with my hubby, Victor Hahn, and Buddy, the World's Smartest Border Collie. It's been several years since we've been to the summit -- is it my imagination or did the trail get longer and the peak get higher since last time? Looking forward to that 30-year reunion in 2006!



Joyce Deming

deming_b - Aug 16, 2005 9:39 am

Route Climbed: Can't recall Date Climbed: 1980 somthing  Sucess!

I climbed this with my Grandfather, Harold "Chick" Deming in the mid 1980's. The mountian is named after my family. It has been quite a while ago but I believe we once came up Meadow Creek and the second time came around the southern edge of Chief Mountian, but again, I can't recall. My Grandfather placed the "Deming Mountain" brass cap on the top of the summit on July 4th,1976 with his son, Steve Deming, accompanied by Grant Deming. I now live in southwestern Colorado and have been caught up in the rat race of life. I hope to return with my wife in the summer of 06' to climb the mountain again, for steimential value, 30th reunion. Thank you for posting this web page.



Brett Deming

skiitswitch

skiitswitch - Jul 7, 2005 6:49 pm

Route Climbed: East Ridge from Red Peak Date Climbed: July 7, 2005  Sucess!

Wow - glad I tacked this on to my hike... lots of miles but the marmots everywhere and the wildflowers made it all worth while - for more beta see my trip report in Red Peak... Saw Jon's name in the summit registry

Colonelpyat

Colonelpyat - Jul 3, 2005 2:29 am

Route Climbed: East Face Date Climbed: May 17, 2005  Sucess!

Hiked and skied to a nice campsite along upper Medaow Creek. Got a real early start the next morning and went up the lowest angled snow I could find on the east face. Made the top at 6:15 and spent some time taking pictures and chasing a ptarmigan. Got chased off the mountain myself by a storm a bit later and then broke a ski binding after leaving camp. It took several hours, a pack strap, and all the duct tape I had to get me out of there as the snowpack was deep and totally rotten below 11,000 feet. A good trip despite some hassles.

Viewing: 1-15 of 15
Return to 'Deming Mountain' main page