Deseret Peak Comments

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Nice page.
Posted Apr 24, 2003 5:45 pm

grandwazooUntitled Comment

grandwazoo

Good job Dale, pick one of the photos for the main page.
Posted Oct 29, 2003 7:32 am

jshatchUntitled Comment

jshatch

Very informative -- I knew exactly what I was in for. good job!
Posted Oct 16, 2004 8:33 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks MG for adopting this page. I just had the chance to check back today and it is looking verrrrrry gooooood. Nice work.
Posted Sep 14, 2005 5:14 pm

CoraxUntitled Comment

Corax

Nice page!
Posted Sep 15, 2005 7:54 pm

mountaingazelleUntitled Comment

mountaingazelle

Thank you, Corax! I appreciate the vote.
Posted Sep 15, 2005 7:59 pm

Joseph BulloughUntitled Comment

Joseph Bullough

Didn't realize you'd adopted this one! Looks better now - good job.
Posted Sep 20, 2005 4:48 pm

mountaingazelleUntitled Comment

mountaingazelle

Thanks for the vote.

Actually, Dean is the one who gave me the page. He said that he already had too many pages to take care of and that he thought I should have the Deseret Peak page instead.

I'm thinking of trying a winter ascent next year.
Posted Sep 21, 2005 2:31 pm

travisgollaherUntitled Comment

travisgollaher

I like the fact that you are so informitive of the lesser known Utah mountains. Excluding the fact that this is a Utah county high point.I think that this page is great.Good job!
Posted Oct 26, 2005 8:50 pm

mountaingazelleUntitled Comment

mountaingazelle

Thanks for the vote, Travis. What can I say, I like climbing mountains especially the lesser known ones that aren't climbed much.
Posted Oct 31, 2005 9:51 pm

gjagielsUntitled Comment

gjagiels

Excellent page!
Posted Jan 18, 2006 6:50 am

imontopUntitled Comment

imontop

Hey Mountaingazelle,

Funny, I was just browsing this morning, and I ran across your comment from Sept 2005. Sorry, i didn't notice it before. That picture with the snake was taken on the lower portion of Mt Olympus. Big boy too! Awesome hike! Thats cool your in Roy too. I live west of Midland Drive, almost Hooper.
Posted Jan 20, 2006 7:41 am

SawtoothSeanUntitled Comment

SawtoothSean

Very nice job- thanks!
Posted Jan 25, 2006 2:33 am

Dmitry PrussUntitled Comment

Dmitry Pruss

Nice dog-friendly mountain, and a very good page :) I just added a tidbit about the origin of its name.
Posted Feb 1, 2006 10:15 am

AndinistalocoUntitled Comment

Andinistaloco

Nice!
Posted Feb 6, 2006 2:01 am

lcarreauHa, ha!

lcarreau

Do I detect some humor over how to pronounce Tooele?
My father transferred there from Washington. He worked
at the Tooele Army Depot. He told me a lot of the new
people to this area call it "TOO-HILLY." Why? Because of
all the hills north of town, I guess. I always called it
TWO-ELLA, because that's what the natives called it.
Posted Dec 9, 2007 1:51 pm

mountaingazelleRe: Ha, ha!

mountaingazelle

Thanks Larry, I think TOO-HILLY would be a cool name. Tooele is an odd name for a city but it isn’t the weirdest in Utah. I thought you might like this video.

Tribute to Utah
Posted Dec 10, 2007 4:18 am

lcarreauMelinda, thanks

lcarreau

for the recent votes. Do you know anything about those tree
orchids growing in SE Asia?? My wife took a couple of photos
when she was in the Philippines, and I don't want to post them
until I find out the name.

I think Utah has an awesome state flag, and I like the way
they included the beehive. But, is anybody in Utah upset over
what's happening to honey bees? They seem to be disappearing.
Personally, I enjoy eating ice cream, and seems the 'low tally'
of bees is effecting the ice cream industry as well! Please,
take a peek at THIS. - Have a nice weekend. -LARRY

Posted May 17, 2008 12:21 pm

mountaingazelleRe: Melinda, thanks

mountaingazelle

Thanks Larry. I wish I knew more about flowers and plants and what they were all named. I’m still learning to identify flora in the Rocky Mountains so I probably can’t help with that.

Of course they included the beehive on the Utah flag... we’re the Beehive State. I read your article and heard about the disappearing bees on the news. I’m sure many people are worried about this. Bees not only produce honey but help pollinate our plants.

I think a lot of Utahns would be upset if Jello disappeared. I mean, how would people live without it!
Posted May 18, 2008 3:56 pm

JDrakeNice

JDrake

Good page, perfect directions, great hike! Thanks.
Posted Jul 4, 2008 1:36 am