Deseret Peak Comments

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Nice page.
Posted Apr 24, 2003 5:45 pm

grandwazooUntitled Comment

grandwazoo

Good job Dale, pick one of the photos for the main page.
Posted Oct 29, 2003 7:32 am

jshatchUntitled Comment

jshatch

Very informative -- I knew exactly what I was in for. good job!
Posted Oct 16, 2004 8:33 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks MG for adopting this page. I just had the chance to check back today and it is looking verrrrrry gooooood. Nice work.
Posted Sep 14, 2005 5:14 pm

CoraxUntitled Comment

Corax

Nice page!
Posted Sep 15, 2005 7:54 pm

mountaingazelleUntitled Comment

mountaingazelle

Thank you, Corax! I appreciate the vote.
Posted Sep 15, 2005 7:59 pm

Joseph BulloughUntitled Comment

Joseph Bullough

Didn't realize you'd adopted this one! Looks better now - good job.
Posted Sep 20, 2005 4:48 pm

mountaingazelleUntitled Comment

mountaingazelle

Thanks for the vote.

Actually, Dean is the one who gave me the page. He said that he already had too many pages to take care of and that he thought I should have the Deseret Peak page instead.

I'm thinking of trying a winter ascent next year.
Posted Sep 21, 2005 2:31 pm

travisgollaherUntitled Comment

travisgollaher

I like the fact that you are so informitive of the lesser known Utah mountains. Excluding the fact that this is a Utah county high point.I think that this page is great.Good job!
Posted Oct 26, 2005 8:50 pm

mountaingazelleUntitled Comment

mountaingazelle

Thanks for the vote, Travis. What can I say, I like climbing mountains especially the lesser known ones that aren't climbed much.
Posted Oct 31, 2005 9:51 pm

gjagielsUntitled Comment

gjagiels

Excellent page!
Posted Jan 18, 2006 6:50 am

imontopUntitled Comment

imontop

Hey Mountaingazelle,

Funny, I was just browsing this morning, and I ran across your comment from Sept 2005. Sorry, i didn't notice it before. That picture with the snake was taken on the lower portion of Mt Olympus. Big boy too! Awesome hike! Thats cool your in Roy too. I live west of Midland Drive, almost Hooper.
Posted Jan 20, 2006 7:41 am

SawtoothSeanUntitled Comment

SawtoothSean

Very nice job- thanks!
Posted Jan 25, 2006 2:33 am

Dmitry PrussUntitled Comment

Dmitry Pruss

Nice dog-friendly mountain, and a very good page :) I just added a tidbit about the origin of its name.
Posted Feb 1, 2006 10:15 am

AndinistalocoUntitled Comment

Andinistaloco

Nice!
Posted Feb 6, 2006 2:01 am

mountaingazelleRe: Ha, ha!

mountaingazelle

Thanks Larry, I think TOO-HILLY would be a cool name. Tooele is an odd name for a city but it isn’t the weirdest in Utah. I thought you might like this video.

Tribute to Utah
Posted Dec 10, 2007 4:18 am

mountaingazelleRe: Melinda, thanks

mountaingazelle

Thanks Larry. I wish I knew more about flowers and plants and what they were all named. I’m still learning to identify flora in the Rocky Mountains so I probably can’t help with that.

Of course they included the beehive on the Utah flag... we’re the Beehive State. I read your article and heard about the disappearing bees on the news. I’m sure many people are worried about this. Bees not only produce honey but help pollinate our plants.

I think a lot of Utahns would be upset if Jello disappeared. I mean, how would people live without it!
Posted May 18, 2008 3:56 pm

JDrakeNice

JDrake

Good page, perfect directions, great hike! Thanks.
Posted Jul 4, 2008 1:36 am

mountaingazelleRe: Nice

mountaingazelle

Thanks for the nice comment on my page! I’m glad you enjoyed climbing the mountain.
Posted Jul 7, 2008 4:30 am

mountaingazelleRe: Aaaa Melinda ??

mountaingazelle

Thanks Larry. I would like to hike more in the Stansbury Mountains when I have time. Davenport Canyon looks like a neat place. The mountains located west of the canyon are unnamed and around 8,600 feet elevation. The map shows a trail up Davenport Canyon that goes to a spring passed some old mines.

Farther to the north is the Northern Stansbury Mountains Wilderness Study Area. There are no maintained trails and this is why few people come to hike here. The highest point in that area is Onaqui BM which is 9,143 feet. These mountains seem to be just a rugged as the peaks farther south but lower in elevation.

The gate for South Willow Canyon doesn't usually open until Memorial Day or later in the year. You could park near the gate and hike in from there. A good map is the USGS quad for North Willow Canyon. You could also look at online maps from MyTopo or Terraserver to find what you are looking for.
Posted May 3, 2009 8:37 pm