1) Reach the summit
2) Produce the best Aconcagua documentary available on YouTube
I am sharing it with you proudly (1min teaser here – full video link below!)
I am not a mountaineer - rather a tourist.
I am not a movie producer – rather an experienced enthusiast.
I was lucky to climb Kilimanjaro quite easily in 2012 and kept searching for something to experience my own limits. On Kill I had 6kg of professional photo gear with me and did a nice photo documentary.
On Aconcagua I wanted to get the pictures moving. I had hard times to decide on the format and gear. Finally I went for a professional but light GoPro solution with the Removu RAA1M1 Bluetooth mic. In addition my fellows contributed with their footage from various cameras.
My plan was to reach the summit documenting especially the hard parts of the expedition. On YouTube you usually see how the breaks and the summit look like. I wanted to show how the work looks between the breaks when breathing is an issue – and that in high quality of course. Also I have collected a lot of data like temperatures, pulse and GPS tracks on my way and I am showing it in my movie.
Because of the extremely good weather and my preparation I have reached my goals having some reserves. But I don’t want to go higher in my life. Acclimatization takes simply too much time and I will never again leave my family alone for such a long time.
FULL 43mins VIDEO
Day 1 - First meeting with Guides & Team in Hotel Diplomatic
Day 2 - Acquisition of permit and drive to Penitentes
Day 3 - Check-in at Aconcagua Provincial Park and start tracking
Day 4 - Acclimatization walk to Aconcagua south wall viewpoint
Day 5 - To the Base Camp - 2nd longest day of expedition
Day 6 - Base camp life - rest day
Day 7+8 - Mount Bonete - Acclimatization hike + Rest day
Day 9 - Load carry to High Camp 1 (Canadá)
Day 10 - Base camp life - rest day
Day 11 - Good bye Base camp - move to High Camp 1 (Canadá)
Day 12 - Move to High Camp 2 (Nido de Cóndores)
Day 13 - 4th and last rest day of expedition
Day 14 - Move to High Camp 3 (Cólera)
Day 15 - Summit Push - the hardest day...
Day 16 - Descent to base camp & celebration
Day 17 - A last long walk...
- Peter - GoPro Hero 4 Silver + iPhone 6S
- Freddy - Canon PowerShot G1 X MkII
- Robert - NIKON 1 AW1
- Matthew - iPhone 7
- Anders - GoPro Hero 3
- Martin - Sony DSC-HX60V
- Paolo - GoPro Hero Session
- REMOVU REA1M1 A1+M1 Set for GoPro
- made with MXActivityMover and Movescount App for iOS #SuuntoClimb
- Home Stretch - Gunnar Olsen
- Over Time - Vibe Tracks
- Triangles - Silent Partner
- Stoker - Jingle Punks
- Funkorama - Kevin MacLeod
- Morning Mood - Grieg
- The Making of Thumbs Up - Joe Bagale
- Bright Future - Silent Partner
- Breakdown-Take the Lead - Kevin MacLeod
- Smooth Talker - Dougie Wood
- Cruise - John Deley and the 41 Players
- If I Had a Chicken - Kevin MacLeod
- Cold Funk - Funkorama - Kevin MacLeod
- Switch It Up - Silent Partner
- Dangerous - Kevin MacLeod
- Hero Theme - MK2
- Cataclysmic Molten Core - Jingle Punks
- Dead Drop - Kevin MacLeod
- To the Top - Silent Partner
- Hot Heat - Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
- Magnolia - Silent Partner
- 3,1h of video raw material
- 500 video scenes in the movie
- 42 pictures & graphics used
- 21 songs
- All together 45GB of data