Dinosaur Diamond Highways

Dinosaur Diamond Highways

Page Type Page Type: Custom Object
Additional Information Object Type: common road signs
Additional Information County: Uinta, Carbon, Emery, Grand

Recently appearing road signs

Dinosaurs have always interested humans. Dinosaur National Monument is in Utah and Colorado, located where bones were found. A roughly diamond-shaped collection of roads were noticed on that edge of Utah and Colorado. Tourists and residents should be aware of these attractions.

Getting there:

Starting in Vernal, Utah the "diamond" shape goes to Roosevelt, down Indian Canyon to Helper and Price. Following US highway 6 we go to Green River, Utah and then due east to Fruita, Colorado (near Grand Junction) and then due north to Rangely, Colorado. You just came through Douglas Pass view area. Make sure you look for LaSal mountains 100 miles away back in Utah. Departing Rangely we must go to the namesake Dinosaur, Colorado and then re-enter Utah. There was a small detour available back at I-70 to Moab and following the Colorado River banks on local highway 128 eastbound to Cisco and join the interstate again.

More dinosaurs:

Near Price, Utah is Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur quarry in a rural area surrounded by dirt roads. An extremely unusual, large mix of vegetarian and carvivore bones were found more recently in a relatively small area. The quarry can be visited 7 days a week, and the unpaved roads are good. They may be closed in winter.

Jurassic times:

Reliable information says that dinosaurs, petrified wood, and uranium can be found together near Moab. We should go prospecting today!