Djan Tugan Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Jaco

Jaco - Sep 16, 2019 11:06 pm Date Climbed: Aug 22, 2019

Unsuccessful, but back alive and inspired.

What a beautiful, yet dangerous mountain. There was no snow in the couloir and I decided not to take the risk on the unstable rock of the upper section. We were unsuccessful, but back alive and it was still worth it. The Adil Su valley is something special. The research team at the Green Hotel had kind hearts and were very helpful. One tries to put it out of your mind that you are constantly being stopped by army officials with AK-74's while only being a mountaineer.. Its a strange thing, but one has to think about what is still happening on the border and simply present your border zone permit. My hope is that the spirit of the mountains will one day be victorious.

kevin trieu

kevin trieu - Aug 25, 2008 8:48 pm

Nice!  Sucess!

Climbed with Shirley Lam and Bighornmonkey. Outran avalanches. Scary shit.

Jelena

Jelena - Aug 2, 2008 3:06 am

Djan Tugan  Sucess!

Many rock fall. Very soft snow.

Shirley Lam

Shirley Lam - Jun 27, 2008 1:32 am Date Climbed: Jun 18, 2008

Awesome  Sucess!

Adyl-Su Valley is a beautiful area and Jantugan was definitely worth climbing! Many of the crevasses were covered due to the heavy snow season, which made for easier traveling over the glacier, but more sketchy while passing through avi-prone areas. The SAR guy at the Schkelda rescue office that recommended the route to us office was very nice and helpful...thank you!

bighornmonkey

bighornmonkey - Jun 23, 2008 1:51 am Date Climbed: Jun 18, 2008

Done...  Sucess!

Jantugan peaks at 4,003 meters according to my GPS. Very aestetic mountain from the Adyl-Sul valley. The route we did (from Jantugan pass) is rated Russian grade 2B...12hours camp-to-camp if staying at Green Hotel.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Djan Tugan' main page