Jebel Iguenouane

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 31.13575°N / 7.8128°W
Additional Information County: morocco
Activities Activities: Mixed
Seasons Season: Spring
Additional Information Elevation: 12736 ft / 3882 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

In the 'massif du toubkal', the most isolated valey is the Imenane valey which is oriented W -> E, kown for the Tacheddirt village, the highest one in Morocco at 2300 m, also known for the 4 big mountains : . Aksoual at 3912 m and it famous 2 corridots ( TD/ED ) . The Likemt at 3555 m : a famous coomb for surfing . The Iguenouane at 3882 : the best coomb for surfing . The Angour 3616 m : for it climbing walls At 4 hours walking from Imlil through the Tizi n'tamatert pass ( 2280 m) or 3 hours walking from l'Oukameiden through the Tizi n-eddi pass ( 3000 m), the village of tacheddirt with the CAF hut is a good basis to discover this valey and mountains. People are very relax and helpfull. They speak almost 'berber', some of them 'arabic' and few of them french or english. Iguenouane mean in berber ' the one from the sky', so called because of it boundless NW coomb, one of the best in the high atlas for surfing. The best period to practice is march and april.

Getting There

1/ from Marrakech, join l'Oukameiden ( the ski station ) at 70 km. From there start the trek to Tacheddirt through the Tizi n'eddi pass ( see the circular trip / Angour mountain )at 3000 m. About 3 hours. Another way from l'Oukameiden is to go through the Tizi n'Oukameiden pass at 2600 m which is in the S direction from Oukameiden. After you join the Agadir village still in the S. You climb a new small pass before joining the Imenane valey a little bit more in the W than the tachedirt village. You climb the valey in the E direction going through the next villages : . Ikkhis . tinrourine . tamguist ( cottage ) . ouaneskta ( cottage ) . than tachedirt ( hut ) Count 5 hours walking 2/ from tacheddirt to the Iguenouane top and back ( count 8 hours ) from tacheddirt hut, take the route wich is going in the E direction through the village. after some minutes you will join the river, take at the right going in the W direction. You will see on your left hand a water fall called amazzer mqorn ( which means : the big waterfall in berber ). It's the start from the way to the top. Go round the waterfall by the right side, just after climb in the E direction to reach the NW coomb which wiill bring you to 3200 m directly under big walls. Turn at your left and join the big ridge in front of you leaving the rocks at your right hand. 6 hours From there can begin the descent which is very long from 3882 m to 2400 m following the way you just pratice. The alpin level is AD less because of technical dificulties than because of the lenght of the way which require a good physical level ( S3/S4 )

Red Tape

Nothing

Camping

Hut in Tacheddirt Cottage in Ikkhis, Ouaneskra and Tamguist

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Material

cramps, ice axe, snowboard



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.