Dolores Peak Comments

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

A complete page. Job well done!

Please add this to the "San Juan Mountain (CO)" Group!
Posted Jan 6, 2005 1:19 pm

RyanSUntitled Comment

RyanS

Nice page. One correction, though. Middle Peak is the highest point in that section of the San Miguels according to Gerry Roach.
Posted Jan 6, 2005 2:30 pm

streeyyrUntitled Comment

streeyyr

The topo map says Dolores is 13,290' and Middle Peak is 13,261'. I don't know why he would say that Middle Peak is higher, unless the topo map is wrong.
Posted Jan 6, 2005 3:13 pm

RyanSUntitled Comment

RyanS

Check the TopoZone link for the true location of Middle Peak's summit. For whatever reason, the USGS didn't survey Middle Peak's highest point, which interpolates to an elevation of 13,300'. The two are very close in elevation, however, and it would take a hand-level to make this determination for certain.

I'll have to dig up my San Juans book, but there's an interesting side-note about the history of the names of Middle and Dolores, and if I'm remebering rightly, it lends credence to the idea that Middle is the taller. I'll post it later!
Posted Jan 6, 2005 5:46 pm

streeyyrUntitled Comment

streeyyr

You're right. The true highpoint on Middle Peak is very close to Delores. I didn't even even see that on the topo map until now.
Posted Jan 23, 2005 9:05 am

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Very cool peak! Nice job and have a good one!

-Britt
Posted Jan 6, 2005 3:35 pm

JonodoUntitled Comment

Jonodo

Nice job. This looks like a great peak.
Posted Jan 6, 2005 4:56 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Good page. I have viewed Dolores Peak from Lone Cone on two cimbs and the Wilsons on two climbs, but haven't been to this one. Its looks pretty interesting.

Oh, yes, and add this to the San Juans group. When you go to edit page, there is a "mountains group" section that you can add peaks to groups.

Here's a shot of the peak from Lone Cone:

Dolores from Lone Cone in case you wanted to see it.
Posted Jan 6, 2005 6:00 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Well done. Thanks for adding this one!
Posted Jan 6, 2005 11:17 pm

brentaUntitled Comment

brenta

Nice, well-written and complete page. Thanks for posting!
Posted Feb 15, 2005 2:04 am

Steven CrossUntitled Comment

Steven Cross

Nice to see this mountain is on SP! My dad is looking in to hiking it and was asking me if I could find any info on it. Glad to see that it's here.
Posted Apr 23, 2005 6:19 pm