Dusk in the Canyon

Dusk in the Canyon

Curt climbing Rainbow Falls in Leavenworth.
Mark Straub
on Dec 31, 2009 2:06 am
Image ID: 585658

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-8 of 8
gimpilator

gimpilator - Jan 2, 2010 11:51 am - Voted 10/10

Awesome

This shot is really great. I like how you can see the climber and the belay.

Mark Straub

Mark Straub - Jan 5, 2010 2:14 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome

Thank you! It was a beautiful day. Have you done any ice climbing?

gimpilator

gimpilator - Jan 6, 2010 1:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Awesome

Not really, unless you count this ice step that was in our way on Mount Rainier.

Mark Straub

Mark Straub - Jan 6, 2010 10:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome

Looks fun! Was it?

I should be leading ice in a couple months, if you're interested I'll let you know.

Did Josh call about rock climbing this weekend? I was hoping to head out to Index, and he said you would be interested. I can lead, I have a rack and a rope, and it would be great to go climbing- I don't get out very often. The only thing I need is a car.

-Mark

gimpilator

gimpilator - Jan 7, 2010 7:25 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Awesome

Yes, it was a good time. I'm not sure that I'm ready for things like frozen waterfalls but I would be interested in trying some rock with the two of you. This weekend won't work but possible some time in the near future. I can drive.

Mark Straub

Mark Straub - Jan 7, 2010 9:08 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome

Okay then, sometime in the future. Please let me know.

-Mark

RayMondo

RayMondo - Jan 21, 2010 6:13 am - Voted 10/10

Head'n High

Mark, you sure are making big strides. Work out the moves good, the placements and the balance. The routes, think of the getouts. Watch the weather. Great stuff!

Mark Straub

Mark Straub - Feb 6, 2010 5:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Head'n High

Thanks! It's really exciting coming from virtually no background in technical climbing at the beginning of this year to where I am now. I think I am headed on the right path.

-Mark

Viewing: 1-8 of 8