East Temple Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
SarahThompson

SarahThompson - Aug 30, 2015 11:44 pm Date Climbed: Aug 28, 2015

Nice peak  Sucess!

Climbed in the afternoon after backpacking to Deep Lake. Nice scrambling if you want it; choose your line.

Scott

Scott - Nov 11, 2014 10:40 am Date Climbed: Sep 1, 2013

East Temple Peak  Sucess!


Today, Kessler, Shaylee, Kimberly and I set off to climb East Temple Peak. We slept in later than planned, but the sky was completely clear (and 30F/-1C) and we set off towards the mountain. Between Deep and Temple Lakes we found an old trail heading towards Temple Pass. Along the way we saw many pikas and a marmot that popped out and smiled for the camera.

The trail to Temple Pass was very steep, but not too bad and provided quick travel. Once at the pass we set off up the southwest ridge of East Temple. The climb was fairly easy, especially by Wind River Range standards, but we had a lot of boulderhopping on the ridge. We later found out that much of it could have been bypassed to the north.

Once at the summit, we had a really nice lunch and an incredible view. The kids really like to look straight off the "diving board" just below the summit.

After enjoying the summit we found a class 3 route north of the route we took up. It was easier than our ascent route.

It was a routine descent back to camp. It sure was a beautiful climb.

After dark we saw two headlamps near the top of Warbonnet Peak far to the south. They must have had an epic climb to the summit and had to descend in the dark. We watched them for a long time making slow progress down the mountain.

wyomtnlady

wyomtnlady - Sep 9, 2014 1:26 pm Date Climbed: Aug 13, 2014

Nice Hike  Sucess!

We did this on the third day of our trip to the deep lake area after climbing the north ridge of Haystack Mtn the previous day. This is a beautiful hike, and made for a very nice trip.

wyomtman

wyomtman - Sep 3, 2014 9:16 pm Date Climbed: Aug 13, 2014

Amazing  Sucess!

Hiked up from the pass after touching the top of temple, special place for sure!

bruceg

bruceg - Sep 17, 2013 6:27 pm Date Climbed: Sep 5, 1988

East Temple  Sucess!

My trip was inspired by a picture in the David Muench book "Rocky Mountains".
Who would guess that a walk up route could be found on such an intimidating looking peak. Great weather, no mosquitos. I can't believe that I haven't been back to this mountain range.

Shaylee

Shaylee - Sep 12, 2013 3:43 pm Date Climbed: Sep 1, 2013

East Temple  Sucess!

9-1-2013

Kessler

Kessler - Sep 12, 2013 3:39 pm Date Climbed: Sep 1, 2013

East Temple  Sucess!

9-1-2013

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'East Temple Peak' main page