Äbeni Flue Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-13 of 13
Jurgen

Jurgen - May 19, 2014 8:18 am Date Climbed: May 17, 2014

Route climbed: normal ski route  Sucess!

Great ski tour to Äbeni Flue from the Hollandia hut. We made two descents from the summit because of the perfect powder.

Be sure to visit the Hollandia hut. It is one the best huts in the Alps!

mountainmanjohn

mountainmanjohn - Aug 27, 2013 11:25 am Date Climbed: Jul 31, 2013

Great glacier climb  Sucess!

Great trip up from Fafleralp to Hollandia Hut then to Abeni Flue. We had a perfect day with the whole mountain to ourselves.

bfvoostermeyer

bfvoostermeyer - Feb 18, 2013 7:45 am Date Climbed: Jul 17, 2010

SW Flank  Sucess!

As part of a 4 day trip. Great experience, although it shouldn't be called a climb, it's just a walk over the SW Flank. We started from the Hollandiahutte and it took about 3 hours to get to the summit and 90m to back.

Nikman

Nikman - May 11, 2010 12:32 pm Date Climbed: Apr 24, 2010

with ski from Hollandia  Sucess!

Another lucky weather window in the Bernese Alps and a perfect summitday after a rather mixed and cloudy day before when going from Jungfraujoch to the Hollandia hut.
We had a perfect ski descent from the summit all the way down to Blatten which is an elevation drop of almost 2500 meters altitude.

PS: correct spelling of the mountain is "Äbeniflue" which should be changed here!

il.rocciatore

il.rocciatore - Aug 23, 2009 4:50 pm

Route Climbed: SW Ridge / SW Face Date Climbed: july 2009  Sucess!

After climbing the South Ridge of the Lauterbrunner Mittaghorn we continued to the Ebenefluh. Instead of just sprinting up the normal route, we went to the col at the base of East Ridge of the Lauterbrunner Mittaghorn and started following the very exposed snow ridge in the direction of the Ebenefluh. Spectacular views down to Lauterbrunnen. Just before the rock section the ridge became very tricky due to some large rimayes just below us and we opted to leave the ridge and finish by the upper half of the normal route. Back at the Hollandiahütte around 3 o'clock and around 8 o'clock at Fafleralp after a long and tiring descent.

DoJo

DoJo - Jan 21, 2004 4:55 pm

Route Climbed: Hollandia Hütte - Äbeni Flue Firn Date Climbed: May 3rd, 2003  Sucess!

descent via Gletscherhorn Joch - Gletscherhorn Firn to Konkoridia - very cold, but powder!!

Mathias Zehring

Mathias Zehring - Jun 9, 2003 5:00 am

Route Climbed: ski route from Hollandia hut Date Climbed: May 21st 2001  Sucess!

first summit of our one week trip through the Berner Oberland. Easy but we felt the height. It is amazing how flat a glacier can be even in this altitude!

Farmer

Farmer - Oct 5, 2002 1:31 am

Route Climbed: N-face Date Climbed: mai 1998  Sucess!

Eastern 98 we climbed the N-face from the Rottalhut.

Pretty long tour especially because upperhalf was icy.

55’ average, one lenght I think was about 60’. TD- rated and about 850hm. Great tour...but loooooooooooong descent to Blatten, we were like drowning in snow....

Vinny

Vinny - Jun 26, 2002 6:56 am

Route Climbed: Normal Route Date Climbed: May 2002  Sucess!

This provided a nice gentle (popular) ski tour with Steve. It was amazingly popular with Heli-skiers. Surprisingly (or not), I have seen so many more Heli skiers here in Switzerland than ever in Canada- perhaps for obvious density reasons.



It makes a good day from Hollandiahutte in combination with the Mittagsflue descent (tricky and dangerous in sections) to Kanderstal...



Must go back to try the North Face- looks awesome!

PeterCorneliusSpaeth

PeterCorneliusSpaeth - Apr 24, 2002 4:58 am

Route Climbed: Ski route from Hollandia Hut Date Climbed: April 1995

We were forced to return halfway be a snow storm that locked us 1 week in the Hollandia Hut. Very few wood for fire there. If there is heavy snow fall the 'Loetschental' (valley) is risky due to avalanches.

Peter.

dirkclaessen - Dec 29, 2001 5:01 am

Route Climbed: North face Date Climbed: July 1985  Sucess!

My first great ice climb. It never seemed to end. Lot of blank ice. Long way down to the Lötschental.

schadik

schadik - Nov 25, 2001 6:12 am

Route Climbed: From the Hollandia hutte up Äbeni Flue-Firn Date Climbed: 2000 spring  Sucess!

Great ski tour through a well worked glacier.

UlrichPrinz

UlrichPrinz - Oct 30, 2001 4:11 am

Route Climbed: North Face Date Climbed: June 2001  Sucess!

Great ice conditions ! A nice tour.

Climbed it with skis and descended to the south,

slept overnight and did Aletschhorn Northface the

next day.

Viewing: 1-13 of 13
Return to 'Äbeni Flue' main page