gabrieleUntitled Comment

gabriele

in add a mountain the 3rd point says :

• Is the mountain a major world mountain? The hill in your backyard is not worthy of submission.

sorry, you should post it in highpointers.org

I agree that your page is informative, yes, and that can be useful to other highpointers ... but maybe is off topic here :)

that's just my opinion, maybe some, using other valuation criteria will vote 4 stars this page

• Posted Sep 24, 2005 5:39 am

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

I am conflicted here. I would have put this up, but realized it may be too insignificant. On the other hand, we now have ALL 50 STATE HIGHPOINTS!!! Even better, we have all 50, and I didn't have to take the brunt of the criticism for it :)

You did a fine job on this page. I know there is no mountain scenery here. I'll see what I can do to help you with photos, but basically you will get a lot of poor votes on this one because of the location.

From me, you get 4 stars. It is a summit of importance.
    Posted Sep 24, 2005 9:26 am

2skinnersUntitled Comment

2skinners

Thank you very much for the kind words and the kind vote.
    Posted Sep 24, 2005 9:32 am

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

FIX THE TOPO COORINDATES!!!

39.8358

-75.5220

Posted Sep 24, 2005 3:59 pm

2skinnersUntitled Comment

2skinners

Topo coordinates fixed. Thanks.
    Posted Sep 24, 2005 7:58 pm

Ed FUntitled Comment

Ed F

Although I'm a little wary of adding stuff like this, considering that it is the final highpoint on SP, I guess it's fine. There seems to be a lot of interest in the highpoints, and having them all improves this site, in my opinion, even though I disagree with adding things like this that don't even require a hike to get to the top.

The actual page quality is more than adequate for this highpoint, so I'll vote 4 stars.

One thing: The weatherunderground link has an open tag somewhere - the following section is hyperlinked. You may just want to delete that section completely, since you aren't using it.
    Posted Sep 24, 2005 10:01 am

2skinnersUntitled Comment

2skinners

Weather linked fixed. Thanks for the vote.
    Posted Sep 24, 2005 7:58 pm

CharlesDUntitled Comment

CharlesD

If this wasn't the state highpoint, there's no way in hell this should be posted to SP. However, it is and people are into this kind of thing. Hell, I've been there myself, but I didn't go too far out of my way to do it ;-), so there you go. Four point from me to counteract some of the low-star votes.
    Posted Sep 24, 2005 7:52 pm

2skinnersUntitled Comment

2skinners

Thank you, much appreciated.
    Posted Sep 24, 2005 8:00 pm

Rob AUntitled Comment

Rob A

Good job on being brave posting this. Good info and sign your summit log. It is not a 0-star page.
    Posted Sep 24, 2005 9:36 pm

nartrebUntitled Comment

nartreb

I'm conflicted, as most voters seem to be.

The page is brief, which is to be expected for a drive-up. But that just poves that there's not much need for a reference page on SP.

Still, may as well complete the list, I guess. I can live with 50 state highpoints.

Posted Sep 25, 2005 5:54 pm

ArioUntitled Comment

Ario

Yes it's not a mountain but to be exhaustive and informative, regarding its "high point" status, it should have been added. You were the brave who did so and you deserve credit for this.

Let's forget the other hills around though !!!!
    Posted Nov 11, 2005 6:41 pm

AlpinistUntitled Comment

Alpinist

Thanks for adding this page. It would be intersting to find out who Ebright and Azimuth were from a historical perspective and add that to the page. I'm sure the streets were named after people that were notable back in the day.
    Posted Jan 15, 2006 11:08 am

2skinnersUntitled Comment

2skinners

Thanks for the vote, I will do some research into the name and if I find anything I will add it to the page. Thanks again. -2skinners-
    Posted Jan 15, 2006 11:22 am

JasonHUntitled Comment

JasonH

Only a real man would put a hill on summit post.
    Posted Feb 8, 2006 3:11 am

2skinnersUntitled Comment

2skinners

Thanks, same to you, lol.

-2skinners-
    Posted Feb 8, 2006 4:00 am

jazamoolaughter

jazamoo

this page made me laugh SO hard. thank you :)
    Posted Aug 1, 2006 3:41 am

CheesySciFiI did some research...

CheesySciFi

...and I found that the Azimuth is probably the natural highpoint of Delaware. The old topo maps from the 1950s didn't show the 450' contour or the trailer park, but the newer maps did. My best guess is that the new contour was artificially created at the same time as the trailer park.
    Posted Feb 8, 2009 3:55 pm

RedwicNew Page Owner

Redwic

I just adopted this page. The original page was in very bad shape. There were only a few paragraphs on the original page pertaining to Ebright Azimuth, and those sentences contained little useful information outside of driving directions (which were not accurate, either). The original page also had a large weather map for the entire eastern United States. Dumbfoundedly, the largest section of the original page was dedicated to promoting the original page owner's other SummitPost pages.

State Highpoints, regardless of elevation or difficulty, should have SummitPost pages treated with more respect than that. I have done a massive overhaul of the main page, now including more photos, historical information, and even references to Doreen Kupchick (the person who maintains the summit register and who has become the de facto "Queen of Ebright Azimuth"). I have tried to make this page seem as worthy as it can be on SummitPost. I hope the efforts are appreciated.
    Posted Dec 31, 2011 12:15 pm

gimpilatorRe: New Page Owner

gimpilator

It's hard to make a good page for such a small hill, but I think you've done it. Good work, and thanks for your effort to better this site.
    Posted Jan 3, 2012 10:40 am