Eighteenmile Peak Trailhead

Eighteenmile Peak Trailhead

Page Type Page Type: Trailhead
Location Lat/Lon: 44.46151°N / 112.96348°W
Additional Information County: Beaverhead
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 8325 ft / 2537 m

Access for Eighteenmile Peak

From I-15 to the trailhead is about 28.5 miles. But, if you want, you can drive most of the way at 45-50 mph. There is excellent signage at the road intersections, so you shouldn’t get lost.

Cottonwood Creek crosses the road and you have to drive through a couple of other “water holes”, too. Only the last 50 or so yards up to the lake is rough and the only place you are likely to want 4-wheel drive.

From I-15 take Exit 23 at Dell.

Turn (south-southeast) onto the Westside Frontage Road.

Travel 1.5 miles and turn right (southwest) onto Big Sheep Creek Road.

Continue for 17.4 miles to the first Nicholia Creek road sign and stay left toward Nicholia Creek.

Go about 6.4 miles to the second Nicholia Creek road sign and follow its directions.

In about 0.8 mile, there will be a sign for Harkness Lakes. Follow its directions to the next Harkness Lakes sign in about 1.4 miles.

It’s only about 1 more mile to the Harkness Lakes.

External Links

For information about the climbers' route accessed from this trailhead, see the link included in the picture's description.
Eighteenmile Peak - northeast rampThis is the northeast ridge to the summit of Eighteenmile Peak.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.