Emory Peak Comments

Rahel Maria LiuUntitled Comment

Rahel Maria Liu

Hi Morgan,

great page! But could you still add a routes-overview and book titles?

Regards, Rahel

2. Feb.: I just looked after your page. Unfortunately, you have not finished the update totally. I was so much looking forward to seeing it ;o).I changed my vote from 4 to 3 stars .... Please contact me if you have finished all updates. Then I will give you the 4 stars again ... ;o)

3. Febr.: Morgan, you are an excellent scholar ;o) ... you pushed me to become a teacher although I never wanted to be that ... ;o)... now, you have your 4 stars back ;o).
Posted Jan 23, 2002 10:54 am

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

Rahel,

Routes overview: there is only one route up this peak, and that's on the trail. A climb of the west face would almost certainly be a first ascent. You have to understand that this place is in the middle of nowhere.

I added a few books at random and updated the "getting there" section.

-Morgan
Posted Feb 2, 2002 6:04 pm

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

I'm sure you'll do a great job with the page, Alan..

-Morgan

Yak,

Thanks for adopting this page. The information here is only a skeleton, with little first-hand info. But since you've already climbed Emory Peak, adding this info should not be a problem for you. I had the following updates in mind:

1) Geology of the area (quite interesting)

2) Alternate approaches (I did it only from the north)

3) Technical routes on the west face???

4) Add Trip reports and other first-hand accounts to the "trip reports" section.

When you've finished making some updates, please leave a reply here, and I will upgrade my vote to four stars.

-Morgan
Posted May 13, 2002 9:14 am

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Morgan, we may need to find a new maintainer. This guy appears to be gone. This looks like all your work.

Alan
Posted Sep 23, 2003 7:01 am

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

Alan, I transferred ownership back to myself, but I'm ready and willing to part with the page. Would you like it???
Posted Sep 23, 2003 12:12 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

How did you transfer it back to yourself? Fascinating!

Anyway.....Yes, I'll take it. Jackie and I are going to Big Bend in January over the MLK holiday. We are going to climb Emory, and also planning to climb Casa Grande and Vernon Bailey peak. I have watched Emory for a while and it appeared to be neglected. I went to BBNP a couple of years ago and did the rim trail, but didn't have time to do Emory. I would be happy to adopt it. If something happens and we don't go in January, I will offer it to David Snell (dsnell). My id is 1425. Thanks!
Posted Sep 23, 2003 1:00 pm

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

Hi Alan,

You're now the proud owner! I recall a pretty fun hike. At the time, I lived in Houston and had little mountain experience, so all that topography and scrambling was pretty fun.

Cheers,

Morgan
Posted Sep 23, 2003 6:44 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Thanks, Morgan! I am going to add a few things for now, but will give the page a COMPLETE overhall in January after I get back from BBNP and Emory. I will then be able to the information you requested in your May 13 vote. We plan to be there 3 days over MLK holiday.

Alan
Posted Sep 23, 2003 9:23 pm

gordonyeUntitled Comment

gordonye

Will ungrade my vote pending improvements by the adopter.

9/24/2003: Upgraded my vote. Good page!
Posted May 21, 2002 11:20 am

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

I've adopted this page and made some improvements. I still have a few more things to add in a day or so. Let me know what you think.

Alan
Posted Sep 24, 2003 10:16 am

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

Hi cruzit,

I've transferred ownership of the page back to myself. If you have any suggestions, I will incorporate them. Better still, find a motivated page maintainer and they can have it!

-Morgan
Posted Sep 23, 2003 12:14 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Thanks for the vote.

Books: The SP program does it for you after you add books to your page using the "Books" link on the left. You need the ISBN number to add books.
Posted Sep 24, 2003 5:39 pm

AndyUntitled Comment

Andy

Nice page. I didn't know such impressive vistas existed in Texas.
Posted Sep 29, 2003 3:31 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Thanks for the vote. Yes....but you have to drive a long way to get the views (It's a big state).
Posted Sep 29, 2003 4:57 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Nicely done as usual!
Posted Nov 17, 2003 9:11 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Dean: Thanks for the vote!

Alan
Posted Jan 18, 2004 10:59 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Thanks for the vote!

Alan
Posted Feb 26, 2004 10:35 pm

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

David, thanks for the vote. I checked out some of your pages. Good stuff!!

Alan
Posted Dec 8, 2005 8:11 pm

Bubba SuessBroken Image

Bubba Suess

The signature shot is broken. I reckon this happened when Truchas/ATTM left the site.
Posted Dec 6, 2012 1:59 pm