Enchantments Comments

Derek FranzenImages

Derek Franzen

Hello Dean, I look forward to your additions. I hope you don't mind if I post a couple of images to your page.

-Derek
Posted Feb 20, 2006 5:40 pm

Deanre: images

Hi Derek. Please do post your pics. I'll get this page off the ground ASAP so it shouldn't be much longer before it takes shape.
What a great area.
Posted Feb 21, 2006 2:48 pm

cp0915Fantastic!

cp0915

Already a very fine job.
Posted Apr 6, 2006 8:09 pm

DeanRe: Fantastic!

Thanks Courtney, I appreciate your comments. This will continue as a work in progress ...much more to add...
Posted Apr 6, 2006 8:46 pm

mvsSmashing page

mvs

I grumbled about the permits too. It's good to be reminded why it is needed by someone who was there when it was way too crowded. Good luck on the "death march" again!
--Michael
Posted May 4, 2006 12:03 pm

DeanRe: Smashing page

Thanks for your comments. Yeah, the permit system sucks but what alternative was there. My biggest concern at the moment is when I was at the Leavenworth Ranger station last year, one of the staff mentioned to me that due to cuts in their budget, a ranger or staffer position might be eliminated (the one who does the permits) and that the permits might be turned over to an outside agency that would administer the system. That would be bad as it would eliminate the 25% that are held as first come first served. Everything would be done by phone or mail. I'm afraid that it will eventually come to that and eliminate the spontaneous aspect of showing up at the ranger station in the hopes you could get one of the first come first served permits or participate in the lottery which at least gives you a chance for a permit.
Posted May 4, 2006 3:41 pm

DeanRe: Impressive page!

Thank you for your nice comments. It is a truly special area and very beautiful.
Posted Jun 28, 2006 1:13 pm

osatrikGive Fred His Due!

osatrik

Another "Becky" here, Dean. Same deal on the score!
Posted Aug 26, 2006 5:43 am

DeanRe: Give Fred His Due!

Becky is now Beckey, as it should be. Thanks for the heads up.
Posted Aug 26, 2006 2:38 pm

Eric SandboExcellent page!

Eric Sandbo

The Enchantments deserve a beautiful, comprehensive write-up, and you've provided it.
Posted Jan 3, 2007 6:51 pm

DeanRe: Excellent page!

Thanks Eric, your comments are appreciated. I still have work to do on the page and I will keep adding to it as time permits.
Posted Jan 3, 2007 11:01 pm

tboleyhelp with names?

I am trying to get the titles correct for some images I made decades ago in the beautiful Enchantments. I'm pretty sure this is Leprechaun Lake-
Can anyone verify for me?
Thanks so much,
Tyler
Posted Jun 7, 2007 8:51 pm

DeanRe: help with names?

I believe that is Leprechaun all right. Nice photo Tyler. Glad you got to visit the area.
Posted Jun 7, 2007 10:03 pm

tboleyRe: help with names?

Thanks Dean, big help. I have many others from that trip in 1980 yet to be scanned and printed. It was my second time there, the first time was with family much younger, and any photos are awful.
This 1980 trip was in early October and we were there many days, had some initial snowfall but still had larch color. Those were the days you could go there off season and be pretty much alone, people would spread out and keep to themselves if there at all.
I'm so glad I experienced this amazing place in such quiet and solitude. I hauled up a small view camera... young and overly ambitious.
Thanks again,
Tyler
Posted Jun 7, 2007 11:00 pm

DeanRe: very enchanting, slight blip

Fixed. Thanks for the heads up and for the vote.
Posted Nov 24, 2007 9:00 pm

nartrebfee area map

nartreb

On the USFS website:
permit zones map
(If I were you I'd upload a copy to SP. Being a federal gov't work, the map is not subject to copyright.)

Your page seems to cover not just Enchantment Basin but the whole permit area, which seems to roughly coincide with the north side of the Stuart Range. Can you work the name Stuart Range into the title of this page, and/or start your page with a clear definition of the area your page will cover? (You may want to collaborate with this guy.)
Posted Aug 3, 2011 5:17 pm