Entering Northern Exposure on Clement

Entering Northern Exposure on Clement

Take the left at this point to go to the North Side where Edwards talks about the exposure that really isn't bad at all. I guess the exposure is bad, you don't want to fall, but the trail is solid. Much preferred to the North side of Reynolds.
echoguy
on Apr 8, 2008 8:08 pm
Image ID: 395074

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Apr 8, 2008 8:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Agreed

Hey, welcome to SP. It's good to see another person putting up some good route pictures for Glacier, the best national park in the country.

I agree the exposure on the West Ridge isn't what Edwards cracks it up to be. I climbed up via the South Ridge, where there is some terrific exposure, and went down the West Ridge, which was like a stroll in comparison. I don't think the exposure's that bad on Reynolds, either. I suppose when you write a guidebook, you probably want to err on the side of caution and maybe scare the unqualified away.

Anyway, welcome again to the site. I look forward to seeing some more nice submissions from you. And I envy you for living so close to Glacier. I have to settle for just one visit a year, if even that!

Next visit's in July, though...

echoguy

echoguy - Apr 9, 2008 1:02 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Agreed

Thanks Bob, good to be aboard. I do feel quite blessed to have such quick access to Glacier. It's a complete obsession with me. I started climbing 4 years ago and look forward to the months of July and August when I try to get up there as much as I can. I've got more photos I will be loading up (Edwards, Gunsight, Little Matterhorn, Gould and maybe more).

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Apr 8, 2008 9:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Nice View

of Siyeh in the distance! Great profile. Looks like a fun route. I would like to do Clements some day.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3