lutjebroekUntitled Comment

Posted Sep 18, 2002 11:19 am

FlasherUntitled Comment

Nice!
Posted Sep 18, 2002 12:37 pm

cescoUntitled Comment

cesco

Nice mountain! I give you an advice: try to be more objective and less subjective in your texts. Sabbenedica...
Posted Sep 19, 2002 11:34 am

ChandraUntitled Comment

Chandra

Ciao Cesco,

thank's for having voted my page

what do I have to add for making this a 4 stars page? If you have some good advices please answer to this reply.

Siate benedetto anche lei ;-)

Chandra

Posted Sep 19, 2002 1:39 pm

cescoUntitled Comment

cesco

Ok, I give you some advices:

Firstly, in my opinion, I think that this page is a very good page! So don't worry, I'm going to change my vote!

Secondly there are some aspects that I would change. The first one is the subjectivity of the first text you wrote ("Overview"). I would not write that "Mongibello is probably the most beloved mountain in whole Europe" because it is too subjective, maybe a user can consider Matterhorn, or Monte Bianco, or Marmolada the very beautiful mountain of Europe (I agree with you about the beauty of the Etna!).

An other thing, which is probably more important, is the route. There MUST be a route, maybe also a very easy one, because without this information ,if you want to get there, you simply can't!

I please you to put a route on your page, that will be great!

I went to Mongibello last summertime (2001) during the eruption, it was great, I had a lot of fun!!! I took 5 pieces of hot lava and now I conserve them here with my crystals.

Best regards

Cesco

Posted Sep 20, 2002 9:47 am

ChandraUntitled Comment

Chandra

Grazie Cesco,

I'll add a route description soon.

salve

Chandra
Posted Sep 21, 2002 7:11 am

ChandraUntitled Comment

Chandra

Thank You!
Posted Sep 26, 2002 5:11 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Good and informative page with very nice sunset pictures. One comment, however: Etna is not Europe's highest mountain. That honour goes to Pico Teide on Tenerife. It might seem strange but the Canarias are technically still in Europe though they are much closer to Africa.
Posted Oct 27, 2004 8:38 am

JasonHGood job

JasonH

Great looking page.
Posted Jun 5, 2006 1:09 am

Ski MountaineerThe highest volcano in Europe

Ski Mountaineer

Not to be picky but the times where Etna was considered the highest volcano in Europe are thankfully over.
It is Elbrus 5643 m followed by Mkinvartsveri (formerly Kazbek) 5033/5047 m (dep. on map).

Posted Jun 6, 2006 2:00 am

ChandraRe: The highest volcano in Europe

Chandra

Elbrus ist an extinct volcano, Etna is pretty active, isn't he?! That's the reason why even today Etna is Europe's highest (active) volcano!
Posted Oct 13, 2006 1:36 pm

Ski MountaineerRe: The highest volcano in Europe

Ski Mountaineer

Do you consider "activity" necessary for a volcano to be considered a volcano?

Active or not, Elbrus and Kazbek the Kabargin Oth Group (3650m!) and are volcanoes, and Kazbek argaubly cannot be considered 100% inactive.

Posted Oct 13, 2006 1:48 pm

ChandraRe: The highest volcano in Europe

Chandra

I don't know iuf Kazbek is active or not. But I know that Kazbek is located entirely in Georgia, close to the Russian border, anyway not Europe! My opinion is that Etna is and will ever be Europes highest volcano. However in Caucasus we find Eurpoes highest mountains and for sure some of Eurpoes wildest and most beautiful summits! Cheers Chandra
Posted Nov 22, 2006 11:10 am

KRZYSWell done page

KRZYS

but you could add those info to the red tape section.
Posted Nov 10, 2012 5:50 pm