EricChuGood page!

EricChu

I remember the hundreds and hundreds of rusty cans I saw all over the Dreisprachenspitze plateau when I was there in 1997...At the given moment, I thought: Gee, what on earth is going on here? It wasn't until later that I found out that all that is still from World War I...!
Posted Nov 28, 2010 8:47 am

Mathias Zehringgood work

Mathias Zehring

... in you usual high standard. Ortler group is quite big - so there is some work ahead for you.
But shouldn't the page type be changed into "area/range" ?
Posted Nov 29, 2010 2:15 am

Gangolf HaubRe: good work

Gangolf Haub

Yes of course! I simply forgot to switch :o)
Posted Nov 29, 2010 5:13 am

selinunte01Aha !!!!!

selinunte01

Fallatschkamm has its own SP page, great! Unfortunately the weather was so bad in Südtirol on the 1st of November weekend so I didn´t travel to Stilfs to do some late autumn climbs as usual. Have to wait for next year: Piz Chavalatsch and Furkelspitze are so beautiful, they deserve their own page on SP.
As to the map section: don´t forget the 1 : 25.000 Tabacco maps of the region; I always used them for my Ortler region adventures, they are - in my opinion - ways better than Kompass or Freytag & Bernd.
Cheers Michael
Posted Nov 29, 2010 7:18 am

Gangolf HaubRe: Aha !!!!!

Gangolf Haub

Yes Tabacco Maps are better - at least better than the Kompass 1:50000 maps. The 1:25000 ones are very similar. However, Tabacco maps fold rather big, which is why I personally I still prefer Kompass ones. Also, Tabacco maps are a pain to find on the internet - most offerings don't include ISBN, amazon has them but mostly without a picture so that you don't see the region they apply to.

Therefore I mentioned the maps I have. But I'll go to amazon and have a look for the corresponding maps...
Posted Nov 29, 2010 7:58 am

selinunte01Re: Aha !!!!!

selinunte01

Its Tabacco 08, Ortler/Ortles and part of 044, Val Venosta/Vinschgau.
other online shopping possibilities than amazon:
www.dav-shop.de
www.mountain-bookshop.de
www.sportler.com
I buy them at Geobuch shop in Munich.
Cheers Michael