Viewing: 1-20 of 48 « PREV 1 2 3 NEXT »

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

Nice page Dean, looks like a cool area.
Posted Dec 20, 2004 2:24 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Tim for your vote. It is an interesting area, one I had looked at many times but never was aware enough of what I was looking at. Now I need to go back and get some pictures in good weather.
Posted Dec 20, 2004 10:26 am

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

I tell you flat out, there must be 100 Flat Top mountains in the world.
Posted Dec 20, 2004 2:59 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Yup, that's why I put the (UT) in, to separate this "Flat Top" out from the tons of other ones. It really isn't very flat up there, and I'm flat telling you the flat out truth. Any peak with a mailbox for a register is kinda cool. Thanks for your vote and Merry Christmast. How many peaks are in your viewscope for 2005?

Have a great year.
Posted Dec 20, 2004 10:29 am

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

I just found out about Mt. Peale and it's >6,000P!

As you may know, Washington has its very own summit with a mailbox at the top: Mailbox Peak.
Posted Dec 20, 2004 2:53 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

I particularly like the ladder and fire hydrant on our own mailbox peak. Wheeler Peak in Nevada also has a mailbox for its register.

Mt. Peale is on my summer viewscope
Posted Dec 20, 2004 3:40 pm

cmc56789Untitled Comment

cmc56789

nice page!!
Posted Dec 20, 2004 3:22 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you for your vote, it is appreciated. Take care.
Posted Dec 20, 2004 10:30 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks for being the first to vote on this new page. Merry Christmas to you and yours and have a great 2005.
Posted Dec 20, 2004 10:09 am

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Great page...I know you will probably add a route since this is under construction.

One comment though. The link to the map with mountains of 5,000' of prominence is too small to read. That's too bad, cause that map looks interesting. Anyway to blow it up so anyone clicking on the link can read it? I know you want to share it, but for now the link is a waste. Thanks.
Posted Dec 20, 2004 10:53 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

I only wish I knew who Rodney Dangerfield is (or was). I have never thought about the prominence of mountains before I joined SP. You never stop to learn. Good!!

BTW: The page (so far) is excellent and will only get better, I know.
Posted Dec 20, 2004 11:26 am

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Good page.
Posted Dec 20, 2004 12:27 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you Scott. It was interesting to read your Summit Log entry and know that you have also done this one. Would you happen to have any pics of this one? I get to Orem a lot since I have a daughter who lives there and two sons at BYU so I'll have a chance to go back and get some overall pics of the peak but it'll be awhile before I can get back to summit it again.

As always, thank you for your comments and vote.
Posted Dec 20, 2004 3:49 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Unfortunately, I don't believe I have any photos. This is too bad, because the east side of the mountain is the most scenic, and the peaks were all frosted in snow. Despite all the snow, May 12, 1996 was a record warm day with 92 recorded in SLC. That made the snow very soft and we should have brought snowshoes. Normally there is a gate in West Canyon, but its not locked until summer grazing season. Near the beginning of the road to West Canyon, you cross a small corner of Camp Williams and there is a warning sign, but many people, including the ranchers pass through anyway, and it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Too bad about the Halls Basin problem. I believe the route is marked on the page in the Utah Mountaineering Guide, so I'll email the author and warn him to take it out of the book.
Posted Dec 20, 2004 4:16 pm

MrWasatchUntitled Comment

MrWasatch

Nice page and a great addition to the Utah list... I'd love to see a route added since I know little about how to get to or climb this peak.
Posted Dec 20, 2004 1:57 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Hi and thank you for the vote and comments. I've added the only legal route that you should use to do this one. This one was a real sleeper, I had no clue that the Oquirrh range had much of anything but unfortunately a good portion of it is in private hands.
Posted Dec 20, 2004 4:11 pm

MrWasatchUntitled Comment

MrWasatch

Excellent... I hadn't realized at the time of my initial post that most of the write up was on the front page. Having done most of the Wasatch stuff, this sounds like one I'd like to take a shot at (and maybe Lowe Peak from the north) one of these days.
Posted Dec 20, 2004 5:35 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Dennis. I think I'll probably always remember this mtn thanks to the run in with the landowner. It was neat to do this one with my son.
Posted Dec 20, 2004 4:26 pm

Dennis PoulinUntitled Comment

Dennis Poulin

I'm still lost on SP. How can you see who has voted on your pictures?
Posted Dec 20, 2004 6:36 pm

Joseph BulloughUntitled Comment

Joseph Bullough

Excellent page. Also appreciate the history lesson. Good work....
Posted Dec 20, 2004 7:50 pm