Fools Peak seen from the...

Fools Peak seen from the...

Fools Peak seen from the slopes of Gold Dust Peak. 6-14-2005.
Colonelpyat
on Jun 15, 2005 12:21 am
Image ID: 110277

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
The Lower Marmot

The Lower Marmot - Jun 15, 2005 12:46 am - Voted 10/10

It's Falling!!!

It's falling over! I thought the photo was tilted horribly until I looked at the horizon. Very cool. Great shot!

Kane

Kane - Jun 15, 2005 1:24 am - Voted 10/10

Wow!!

That's a killer photo Jim. Nice looking mountain that nobody knows about. I'm inspired to go find something like this mountain in the Mosquitos. Hey, send me a few shots of your two days in the Holy Cross. I'm guessing this one was a really good one. I'm headed out to Carbondale to climb Willoughby and maybe UN13,336 via the East Snowmass Creck Trail on Thurs/ Friday, I'll keep you posted.

leesmith3

leesmith3 - Jun 3, 2006 10:17 pm - Voted 9/10

North Ridge of Fools

The north ridge of Fools (the central ridge in this picture) is one of the best ridge scrambles in the whole state. If you choose your route carefully you will never exceed class 3 scrambling, however it is very easy to add some spice to the route. The best route passes the third gendarme on the right to attain the deep gully just below the north face proper. The rock quality is excellent but you should still wear a helmet for this one.

Colonelpyat

Colonelpyat - Aug 10, 2006 4:21 am - Hasn't voted

re: North Ridge of Fools

Thanks for this info. I've added it to the main page for the peak.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4