Foss Peak Comments

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Great start to your page! A signature photo and some links would be helpful, but you've done a great job. These overshadowed peaks are the best! Great job!
Posted Aug 19, 2004 11:00 pm

pksanderUntitled Comment

pksander

Thanks for your note! I'll get more pictures up soon--need to get back to retake some shots I lost in a digital camera snafu!

Hell of a page you have, yrself!
Posted Aug 19, 2004 11:08 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

obscure ones are fun. Nice job on page. Could use a signature photo.
Posted Aug 20, 2004 3:09 am

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

I wasn't aware this peak had a name. It ought to as it has enough prominence. It is just east of The Castle.

You need to input the peak's coordinates while in edit mode so the Topozone link will come up. Here are the coordinates (the negative sign is mandatory for the longitude for the Western Hemisphere):

46.7552, -121.7129.

Also you need to add Foss to the Tatoosh Range mountain group. "Tatoosh Range" should be available in the pull down list in the "Assign Group" box.

Lastly, as mentioned in another vote, you should put up a signature photo (comes up to the right of the mountain page header). Do this by first determining the ID number of the photo you want to use then inputing that number into the appropriate box while in edit mode (9th box down from the top). The photo ID can be determined by checking a picture's URL or by right clicking on the image itself then selecting "Properties."
Posted Aug 31, 2004 10:41 pm

pksanderUntitled Comment

pksander

Yeah, it's weird. I found the name of the peak on the relief topo at the Wilderness Center at Longmire. I hadn't seen a name on any other map prior to that.

Thanks much for the coordinates. I'll make the other changes when I have a bit more time, including getting more photos next time I'm in the Tatoosh (shouldn't be long....)

I plan on putting up a page for Chutla Peak (next to Eagle Peak) as well, which is oddly missing...

Cheers,

Peter
Posted Sep 2, 2004 2:06 am

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

I've checked several sources. It's actually Foss Peak not Mt. Foss. You'll want to change that.
Posted Sep 4, 2004 7:50 pm

wildstarUntitled Comment

wildstar

Good page, a few links would be nice.
Posted Nov 7, 2004 10:14 pm

pksanderUntitled Comment

pksander

Thanks, man. Probably my last too, since SP'ers (you not least among them) have CO pretty much covered. BTW, when are you heading out again? Is there a summer gathering in the works? Cheers, Peter
Posted Apr 24, 2005 11:23 pm