Frank & Shirley

Frank & Shirley

We met Frank (a.k.a. bigwally) at the base of the Durrance route. We're very much grateful for his invitation to come and camp at his Devils Tower Lodge. It was a pleasure to talk to him about climbing (August 6, 2004).
rpc
on Aug 9, 2004 12:52 pm
Image Type(s): Rock Climbing
Image ID: 63895

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Dean

Dean - Aug 9, 2004 6:40 pm - Voted 10/10

Great pic

Bigwally has a great smile too. You guys are sure getting around. I look forward to your book "Climbing spots of the West" when you get around to writing it.

rpc

rpc - Aug 9, 2004 6:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great pic

Thank you Dean!

Yeah, the book will happen as soon as (1) I get the boot at work and (2) we find a "sucker" to publish it........"Climb Spots of The West <5.9"

:)

EricCox

EricCox - Jan 31, 2009 5:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Frank

Anyone that has the pleasure of meeting Frank would agree with you that it is a pleasure to talk to him about anything. One of the coolest people I have met!

rpc

rpc - Feb 2, 2009 11:46 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Frank

yeah, Frank is one cool cat for sure.

EricCox

EricCox - Feb 3, 2009 11:32 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Frank

For sure he is. Climbing Devil's Tower had been a goal of mine after seeing Close Encounters back in 1977. It was and still is one of the things I will always remember.
I also remember Frank saying, "Blessed are thoes who achive their dreams". There have been many times that I have been down in the dumps and I remember those words and I am forced to smile!

lcarreau

lcarreau - May 29, 2010 10:23 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Frank ..

You guys are making me cry !!!

For cryin' out loud, where's that box of Kleenex ?

I'm a "Close Encounters" fan also, but I ended up "closing in" on my wife, and she
dragged me off to the Philippines to meet
her family and stare at volcanoes.

This definitely belongs on my "Mountains of Smiles" album here on the Big SP !!!

Viewing: 1-6 of 6