Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Dean

Dean - Jul 24, 2007 12:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Wish I had thought of it

I entertained putting up a page on this one last year after I did it but then I set it aside when I got busy with other things. It is really much more appropriate to see you put this one up since you live in the area. My wifes mother grew up near Preston (a bit south of there) and I will be back in the area to do Oxford Peak since the last time I tried it I was stopped by a big truck that was stalled on the road in and there was no way to get past.
I didn't know about Rockslide canyon or the Cherry Creek campground route at the time. Your page is coming very nicely.

mtybumpo

mtybumpo - Jul 25, 2007 2:49 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Wish I had thought of it

Thanks for the comment! It was a fun climb and I'm glad I finally got to it. It's kind of funny that I live here and yet it took me this long to climb it I've been right under it quite a few times but never actually on top until now. Thanks for your wonderful pictures as well! I haven't quite got all of mine posted yet as I'm gone most of the day for work but they'll be coming soon. I think I saw your name on the summit register too as well as a few other people I recognized from SP and other climbing sites.

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Jul 24, 2007 7:37 pm - Voted 10/10

Franklin Cohp

Thanks for submitting a page for this. Now all of the county highpoints for the Bear River Range have been added. My favorite mountains are the ones that aren’t climbed much.

Here are the Franklin Cohp coordinates:

LAT: 42.0948
LONG: -111.5798

mtybumpo

mtybumpo - Jul 25, 2007 2:46 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Franklin Cohp

Thanks for the Coordinates! I was trying to figure them out. I've been wanting to add this for a while and I finally got time to get out and climb it. The seldom climbed mountains do have the virtue of being some of the most fun ones don't they? Hopefully I'll get a few more before the summer is finished!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Franklin County HP (The Felt Hat)' main page