From Kharsang Kooh

From Kharsang Kooh

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 36.03660°N / 51.63540°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up plus Class III
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The starting point is the 3690 m saddle (see main page and the links below).

Route Description


This route is the continuation of the ridge-top route that starts at the Yoonza Pass (See Route page for Khatoon Bargah and Kharsang Kooh/Gizno Peaks). The starting point for this route is the 3690 m saddle and the end is the 3650 m saddle. Distance is ¾ of a kilometer.

From the 3690 m saddle, walk up the southeastern slopes to the summit. The slopes directly below the summit to the north/northwest are cliffy/wall-like. To continue to the 3650 m saddle, you should back down toward the 3690 m saddle and bypass the summit to the west of it. You will encounter some cliffy areas requiring hand and foot climbing but this should not be too difficult.

Essential Gear


In summer, nothing more than good hiking boots. Crampons might come in handy in early season.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.