From Virgen de Guadalupe

From Virgen de Guadalupe

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 19.12465°N / 97.41706°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is an easy route which will quickly take you from the public street of Tlachichuca to the very start of another vegetational zone just near the summit.

The route goes through the arid desert climate and plants and has good views of Pico de Orizaba volcano and the town of Tlachichuca. On the main picture the route just follows the whole ridge of the mountain from right to left. The time to do the walk takes about two hours, maybe three, if you don't rush very much.

Getting There

Just continue northwards on Calle 5 Norte (street) in Tlachichuca and follow it to the end when you reach the Virgin of Guadalupe

Route Description

Continue on the trail that leads upwards from the Virgin of Guadalupe. You will start to gain height very quickly and start to see the whole Tlachichuca. Be cautious of the exposure on the right. On your way you will pass a few summits with big crosses dragged and set up there. After a while you will reach a place where the trail ends - you then will have to find a safe way to continue downwards a bit, some scrambling probably necessary. This is recognizable on the picture - it's that steep section in the middle. Just continue upwards until you reach the summit plateau. The real summit itself is an unmarked spot surrounded by pines & shrubs.

To return to Tlachichuca continue downwards from the summit - you will reach a dirt track used by the farmers, this will take you back to where you took off.

Essential Gear

Water and sun protection are essential, hiking boots are recommendable.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.