Gilbert Peak Comments

DultonUntitled Comment

Dulton

Could you please add some more info about the routes like the class of the climb and more details about the apporach. Thank you for posting this beautiful peak!!!
Posted Nov 19, 2002 9:37 pm

Fred SpickerUntitled Comment

Fred Spicker

Paul - thanks for taking this page over and fixing it up!
Posted Mar 2, 2003 4:51 pm

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

Very good page!
Posted Aug 11, 2003 3:16 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Good page on a mountain with some sketchy towers. Has interesting photos some dating to the writer's encounter with this peak.
Posted Feb 7, 2004 3:15 pm

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

Thanks for the vote...and the reminder that I have to get my arse up this peak this year....and Big Horn.

So, no Colchuck or Cashmere pictures to share? Did you not go?
Posted May 13, 2004 2:20 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Bob B and I will do Colchuck in mid june and I hope to do Cashmere around then also since he has already done it. I had company come in from out of town and that roasted my weekend.

I'd love to do Big Horn with you (if you don't mind a slower older guy tagging along) I'll help by hollaring "hey Paul, can you throw me down a rope?"

Posted May 13, 2004 2:27 pm

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

And I'll say, "Uh, what rope? I didn't bring one. But I do have some dental floss in my pack somewhere. You're a light guy. It'll hold."

I was under the impression you did BH with BB, but it looks like you weren't with him on that Mazama outing.

Yeah, I'll let you know what my plans are for MCG and BH. My buddy Sergio wants to do MCG. He would be interested in BH too given its technical nature. If you would be slower, he and I could knock off MCG first then meet you at the base of BH at a prescribed time.
Posted May 13, 2004 2:40 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

That sounds like a good plan as my main concern is getting BH.
Posted May 13, 2004 4:13 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Appears I already voted on the Jack Mountain page so I guess I have to vote on this one. Looks like I had to explain how to make a "link" to you on that one. Poor Paul. I tried to raise you right. Really I did. Sometimes there is only so much a sculptor can do with the clay. ;- )

Actually, I hope to tick this peak off sometime soon. I'll appreciate the route and approach info then.

Who gave you 3 stars on this one?
Posted Jan 7, 2005 12:20 am

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

Coitenly I owed it alta youze. Thankin' ya.

Re: Gilbert

I plan on climbing it (and Big Horn) next summer. Procrastination shall be surceased.

Note also that I adopted this page from someone else about March 2003, so any 3-star votes at that time (there are two) can be attributed to that.
Posted Jan 7, 2005 7:08 pm

SaintgrizzlyUntitled Comment

Saintgrizzly

As usual--nice page!
Posted Jan 5, 2006 3:13 pm

osatrikPackwood Ranger Station Closed

osatrik

Alas, too many of our $$$ are going to far-flung wars and other causes -- the forest service has been forced to close the Packwood Ranger station.
Posted Aug 23, 2006 2:58 pm

KlenkeRe: Packwood Ranger Station Closed

Klenke

Thanks. Permanent closure or temporary?
Posted Aug 23, 2006 5:33 pm

osatrikRe: Packwood Ranger Station Closed

osatrik

Most likely forever.

Some time after the mill closed, the forest service consolidated services at Randle. I think its been closed for at least a couple of years, maybe longer.
Posted Aug 23, 2006 9:04 pm