Viewing: 21-40 of 49 « PREV 1 2 3 NEXT »

vvujisicHat down!

vvujisic

Dear saintgrizzly,
Even my Durmitor page is now near yours, one place below, i must to say "Hat down" to your great page. So much love and emotions in your words! Very poetic expression! Amazingly sceneries and beauties, beautifully peaks and lakes, impressive views. I'm proud to vote for your devine creation! Congratulations!
Posted Jan 13, 2007 9:34 am

Sonnikbloody well done

Sonnik

THE best page on SP.
I have always had intentions of visiting GNP, but now I am considering actually living there
Posted Apr 4, 2007 8:16 am

Bill ReedWow!

Bill Reed

Haven't been there yet, but after checking out this page, I feel like I have. Thanks for the effort!!
Posted Apr 12, 2007 3:18 pm

mrwsierrabest freaking....

mrwsierra

page on SP. This is inspiring, truly inspiring!
Posted Aug 25, 2007 1:06 am

BabbhikerMy backyard

I am looking out my window at the eastern slopes of the Rocky Mountain Front in Glacier. You did a great job describing my "adopted hometown", as I like to think of the park. Your photos especially are some of the best I've seen. I am curious about your reference to a tourist death as a result of falling into a crevasse on Sperry Glacier. Do you have more information or a link to a news article? I am curious after hiking through Floral Park and partly over that glacier on a massive dayhike on Sept. 1 . I can easily see how such an accident could occur .
Posted Oct 1, 2007 5:38 pm

SaintgrizzlyRe: My backyard

Saintgrizzly

Thanks for the positive comments! The accident on Sperry Glacier was at least a couple summers ago—sorry, but I don't remember exactly when I read about it in the "Missoulian;" maybe you could find the article in that paper's archive section. It would also have been reported in other area papers.
Posted Oct 13, 2007 1:00 pm

distressbarkRe: My backyard

distressbark

a hiker went missing this past August as well; he started at Logan Pass en route to Floral Park, and was planning looping back over Gunsight Pass before restocking at his car on the way to the North Fork. no sign whatsoever of him after a massive search effort; wouldn't be surprised if he found one of the crevasses on Sperry Glacier as well...
Posted Jan 7, 2009 7:44 am

AndinoHigh-class page...

Andino

congratulations for the hard work !
Posted Oct 4, 2007 3:43 am

SaintgrizzlyRe: High-class page...

Saintgrizzly

Thanks for checking it out—it's a truly wonderful area, and, yes, the page has taken more than a few hours out of my life!
Posted Oct 13, 2007 1:02 pm

munroitisStunning page

munroitis

St grizz.

Well done, this is just about the best page I've come across on Summitpost.

Thanks.

Chris
Posted Oct 5, 2007 3:09 am

SaintgrizzlyRe: Stunning page

Saintgrizzly

Thanks for the comment, Chris. There are a lot of terrific pages on SP; I'm glad you enjoyed the one on GNP!
Posted Oct 13, 2007 1:03 pm

Eric SandboAmazing page!

Eric Sandbo

Looks like you've been assembling this page since the Park opened. Fantastic job.
Posted Oct 7, 2007 8:05 pm

SaintgrizzlyRe: Amazing page!

Saintgrizzly

Hey, I'm not that old! Yet. Quite. At least I don't think so. Uh, let's see now...what was I talking about? Thanks for checking the page out—for sure it's a labor of love!
Posted Oct 13, 2007 1:05 pm

2skinnersAbsolutely Amazing

2skinners

Great Job. There was obviously a monumental amount of work that you have put into this page. It definately shows. Thank you.
Posted Oct 12, 2007 7:57 am

SaintgrizzlyRe: Absolutely Amazing

Saintgrizzly

I appreciate the comment. It has indeed been a lot of work. Thanks for taking the time to check it out!
Posted Oct 13, 2007 1:06 pm

MatPrThank You...

MatPr

As with all of the other information regarding GNP that you have put on SP, "Thank you". Before ever going to GNP, it was your page that drew my interest to the area. And if it wasn't for all of the information you have posted, I would have never realized what a beautiful place we have here in the States! Thanks!
Posted Jan 3, 2008 1:06 am

gospalgospal

gospal

That is the best web site on Glacier I have ever seen. Does anyone have any good info on the Belly River and Goat Haunt areas?
Posted Oct 5, 2008 9:57 pm

yatsekGreat Virtual Hike

yatsek

I just started - already delighted - looks like there's an endless trek ahead. Thanks for blazing the trail!
Posted Nov 23, 2008 9:30 am

distressbarklove this page

distressbark

it's a genuine honor to have some of my photos associated with this marvelous page. it's was a great resource to me this past summer, and can only hope for more of the same in the future. thanks!
Posted Oct 20, 2009 9:45 pm

SaintgrizzlyRe: love this page

Saintgrizzly

Thanks for the compliment, and believe me, the feeling is mutual! You have attached several quite extraordinary images to the GNP page, several of which will most certainly find their way onto the page....

You didn't by any chance wait tables at the Swiftcurrent Inn? I stopped in for breakfast (I was alone) before a climb (GMS week, third week in July), and had a conversation with my waiter regarding climbing in the park. Might that have been you?
Posted Oct 21, 2009 11:54 am