Glascock Mountain Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
davidsanger

davidsanger - Jan 1, 2017 10:00 pm Date Climbed: Dec 29, 2016

via Billy's Hill  Sucess!

Parked at turnout beneath Billy's Hill, then went straight up, following the ridge to the summit ridge. We dropped out packs and went north a half mile on the fire road to nab the 300' prominence Peak 2658. After returning we headed south on the ridge route to Glasscock passing over another P300, Peak 2623 on the way. There was some slight bushwhacking though the trail was marked with occasional flags. South of Peak 2623 we met up with a fire road that came in a bit from the east and had an easier go of it to Glascock. There is a register there with many of the usual suspects signed in. Came back via the fire road to the east through the Redlands. Saw fresh bear prints in the mud.

The fire road met rejoined the ridge and the junction and we then headed down the ridge and out via Billy's Hill.

David Naylor

David Naylor - May 21, 2012 12:45 am Date Climbed: May 19, 2012

Hot day!  Sucess!

Wanted to climb Glascock since viewing it from Fiske Peak. Began with the North Route. Pullout is just past mile 6 marker. Fire roads very indistinct getting up to Cortina Ridge. Once on the ridge followed fire breaks that also indistinct and showing a lot of new growth. Ended up bushwacking along the ridge not by choice. Then connected to fire roads again. THis route could become more difficult in later years. A lot more wildflowers on the ridgeline than anywhere else on the hike. Happy to encounter an abundance of bees buzzing around. Came down the nameless ridgeline..very steep upper slopes...fantastic views and enjoyed coming down that ridge. Want to find more peaks in this area.

bryangast

bryangast - Jan 24, 2010 10:32 pm Date Climbed: Jan 24, 2010

Rain and fog  Sucess!

Hiked up from the Cache Creek side bridge with with Dingus and Squishy. Lots of rain and even more mud, great trail though. Summit was intermittent fog, rain and wind. Good day.

brianhughes

brianhughes - Dec 26, 2006 7:16 am Date Climbed: Dec 24, 2006

Southwest Ridge  Sucess!

Climbed directly up the southwest ridge (see my photo for route information). Once on top, I hiked a few miles down the fire roads just about to Glascock Spring. Returned the same way.

jakefrisbee

jakefrisbee - Mar 13, 2006 5:41 am Date Climbed: Mar 12, 2006

Good to get out  Sucess!

Ascended from the Cache Creek bridge. Descended via Billy's Hill. Wet, muddy and cold, but enjoyable. Had some snow showers when I was on top, then it turned to rain, then snow again. Lots of bear, cougar and deer tracks in the mud of the firebreak in "The Redlands." Saw three deer and a newt near the summit.

To return to my car, I started walking along HWY 16, attempting to hitchhike. After 45 minutes or so, the 25th car picked me up. A younger guy who said he lived in a house that I walked past (there's only 2 houses in the whole stretch...) gave me a ride for the final 2 miles. Nice guy! Thanks, dude!

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Glascock Mountain' main page